example of medical certificate for work permit

I am trying to find an example of the current medical certificate that is required by the Labor office when applying for a work permit - all of the examples I have found do not refer to the blood group but I thought this now has to be stated - can the doctor just write it on the certificate??

My local clinic only seems to have what I think is the old version and I want to make sure I take the correct form.

Does anyone have an example of a medical certificate under the current rules

I will be applying for the work permit in Nong Khai if it makes any difference.

many thanks

The mediical certificate cites your name, age, passport number, weight, height, blood pressure and pulse and the date on which they were measured plus a reference to the blood test.

The certificate should also have a VDRL (venereal disease) blood test lab result/certificate showing a Non Reactive result.

No blood group.

Edited by digitalchromakey

Most Labour Offices accept the run of the mill any clinics medical certificate will do, 50 Baht and up. I waited in the car once while someone took my passport in, 5 minutes. I have also done it myself, both at busy clinics on the street and at the hospitals.

But if your employer sends you to a specific hospital for the variety of tests, T.B. Syphillis, etc., and H.I.V, if providing life insurance, all tests are performed and the cost is higher.

I'm fairly sure my med cert has my blood group on it and I'm also fairly sure it's also stated on my work permit.

Haven't got it handy to verify but I'd be 99% certain of it.

Then it must vary from area to area as my WP and Medical Certificate for said application/renewals definitely do not have my Blood Group (HKT).

Not for a WP but this may show that there is always room to maneuver and make corrections!

When applying for a visa for Spain my wife had a full set of tests from the hospital where she always got her med cert for visas to work abroad.

However the Spanish embassy needed to see a form of words that comply with a world health classification.

My wife returned to the hospital and explained this and the Doctor just wrote on the cert.

It was then accepted.

However, the Embassy asked why she didn't use the Police Hospital in BKK - "as they know exactly what is required"

wai2.gif

I always do it at the Police General Hospital in Bangkok. They test the blood for venereals, test the urine for drugs (ie amphetamine, ganja for sure is not tested), make a torax x-ray, and the normal readings (pressure, temperature, weighting...). What they give me at the end is just an A4 paper written on one side only saying that I am fine and have no diseases. So, in the case of this particular hospital, they don't handle you the actual results but just a document saying you are ok for getting the work permit

This is a neutral blank form I downloaded in May 2009, can't remember from where but probably from the website of the Department of Employment.

attachicon.gifmedical certificate 20090502.tif

thanks - this is the one I found on the web. Although it makes no reference to alcoholism which is referred on the guidance notes from the MoE - to be sure I may ask the clinic to just write it on and sign

This is a neutral blank form I downloaded in May 2009, can't remember from where but probably from the website of the Department of Employment.

attachicon.gifmedical certificate 20090502.tif

thanks - this is the one I found on the web. Although it makes no reference to alcoholism which is referred on the guidance notes from the MoE - to be sure I may ask the clinic to just write it on and sign

the medical certificate uploaded by Maestro was ok for Nong Khai Labor Office, no problem - thanks Maestro

funniest medical check-up I have ever had - never even saw the Doctor!! Girl took the form it came back signed and I paid the 100 baht

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I always do it at the Police General Hospital in Bangkok. They test the blood for venereals, test the urine for drugs (ie amphetamine, ganja for sure is not tested), make a torax x-ray, and the normal readings (pressure, temperature, weighting...). What they give me at the end is just an A4 paper written on one side only saying that I am fine and have no diseases. So, in the case of this particular hospital, they don't handle you the actual results but just a document saying you are ok for getting the work permit

WHy do all that intrusive testing? I go to a local clinic the doctor makes sure I can fog a mirror and I pay my 100 baht and I'm done. I refuse to go through all that and you should too. The end result is the same. DON't go to a hospital They'll screw you.

• Like 1

I also require a MC every time for my yearly extension of stay, thanks to a former psycho woman IO officer @ Nong Khai.

Asked a visiting high raking male officer- is it really necessary, reply was is better to have one. The aggressive loud foul-mouthed gave a Thai smile.

Anyhow in Udon Thani town, the clinic says; height check and BP check. Done by a nurse there, Doc stamp & signed, and a couple of lines in Thai.

20 baht at the casher desk, at first I gave 100 baht note and said, keep the change, no no can do.

Done the same the past 8 years, no problem.

P.S. When I needed to transfer my earlier extension stamps to the new passport, the same psycho was there – says you forms and embassy letter is OK – but now you have to sign again, every single paper you have provided us in previous extensions – around 400 sheets of paper – I did a short-hand signature, ughh ughh – she got a curved line & a pointer in the end. Accepted, and gone forever.

WHy do all that intrusive testing? I go to a local clinic the doctor makes sure I can fog a mirror and I pay my 100 baht and I'm done. I refuse to go through all that and you should too. The end result is the same. DON't go to a hospital They'll screw you.

Have just renewed my work permit in Bkk. The med cert should have stated on it the results of tests for the following:

Leprosy

Active tubercolosis

Drug addiction

Alcoholism

Elephantiasis

Tertiary syphillis

Unlike the poster's experience above, the staff at Jamjuree were very helpful, but insistent on a result for every test. I asked my HR guy what would happen if I submitted a dodgy 50 baht med cert and then was found to have tubercolosis a week later, and he said med insurance would be null and void and the company, which does everything by the book, would likely cancel my work permit. Something to think about.

• 7 months later...

I just did the certificate for the work permit (renewal) and:

- I can confirm the tests listed above are the ones required

- in Phuket I asked to a clinic in Kamala: 690 baht, and another one in Bang Tao, 450 baht, both on the main road

If someone knows a cheaper one, let us know (I spend a lot of time in Bangkok, so it is about the capital too)

• 4 months later...

I'm fairly sure my med cert has my blood group on it and I'm also fairly sure it's also stated on my work permit.

The blue book does not have a blood group section in it, and this I am 100% certain

• 3 weeks later...

The blue book does not have a blood group section in it, and this I am 100% certain

Funny, because mine does!

Attached is the Labour Dept form for a Work Permit renewal (WP5 - TT5).

Note that a Health Certificate (more recent than 6 months) is required and the 6 health checks to be reported therein.

Just renewed my WP at MoL in Bangkok, the new regulation requests a Health Certificate not older than 1 month.