Would you fight for Thailand?

Deserted

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, well I can safely say that so far I've had good experiences with Thai people but I do acknowledge that there may be bad ones. But hey, which country doesn't? I've been to several countries such as China, Malaysia etc but only Thailand gives me the best experience. Never mind the poor infrastructure and the fact that I don't understand their language, but deep down I can feel their warm welcome. I'm not sure about farangs though. Most Thai people are generally poor except for those at city areas, as such I can very much understand their predicaments. Everyone is doing their best in life.

I know where your coming from, and I have been here for 12 years and know what you say is factual. Thai's are a great, friendly considerate people,

I also will fight for Thailand, she is my country !

Cheers:wai2.gif

Thanks a lot. ^_^

I think this subject is a broad one so I look at it from a wider perspective and not denounce it just because of one particular reason or so.

because i love a Thai girl, so I will defend thailand for her.

I showed my Thai girl I love her by getting her a British passport. I don't see how dying is helping, sorry.

To go slightly off topic, I posed this question to Mrs mjj and she said, why fight? It has nothing to do with farang. She also said that she would just go to the beach. :-)

• Like 1

I showed my Thai girl I love her by getting her a British passport. I don't see how dying is helping, sorry.

To go slightly off topic, I posed this question to Mrs mjj and she said, why fight? It has nothing to do with farang. She also said that she would just go to the beach. :-)

haha I have no Singapore passport to offer to my Thai girl !

Despite we being from different backgrounds, we exhibit similar affection for our loved ones. I think that's nice and cool.

• Like 1

Hi all, well I can safely say that so far I've had good experiences with Thai people but I do acknowledge that there may be bad ones. But hey, which country doesn't? I've been to several countries such as China, Malaysia etc but only Thailand gives me the best experience. Never mind the poor infrastructure and the fact that I don't understand their language, but deep down I can feel their warm welcome. I'm not sure about farangs though. Most Thai people are generally poor except for those at city areas, as such I can very much understand their predicaments. Everyone is doing their best in life.

I know where your coming from, and I have been here for 12 years and know what you say is factual. Thai's are a great, friendly considerate people,

I also will fight for Thailand, she is my country !

Thanks a lot. happy.png

I think this subject is a broad one so I look at it from a wider perspective and not denounce it just because of one particular reason or so.

Yes, There is a lot to enjoy and like about Thailand, the people are very accepting and make me feel right at home, The country is beautiful and the food is great.

Good to hear from a positive, accepting person with an open mind. That can see the goodness in the friendly people, if you respect them they will respect you also.

Cheers;wai2.gif :

Thanks a lot. happy.png

Yes, There is a lot to enjoy and like about Thailand, the people are very accepting and make me feel right at home, The country is beautiful and the food is great.

Good to hear from a positive, accepting person with an open mind. That can see the goodness in the friendly people, if you respect them they will respect you also.

Cheers;wai2.gif :

yeah !

I've always believed in mutual respect ie if you go to someone else' country and respect them, they will respect you as well. Once, I asked a Thai friend if I'm considered a farang since I'm also a foreigner. She said no, farang only refers to europeans.

Thanks a lot. happy.png

Cheers;wai2.gif :

I mean compared to my own country, Thailand is way better.

I am not going to laugh at you.

Just wanted to say......................aawwwwwwwww.......................... sooooo sweet.

wink.png

Edited by Travel2003

Just wanted to say......................aawwwwwwwww.......................... sooooo sweet.

wink.png

LOL ! but I'm dead serious, though. smile.png

Sure you are, and we all believe you.

smile.png

wink.png

LOL ! but I'm dead serious, though. smile.png

Sure you are, and we all believe you.

smile.png

why am I not convinced? hmmm..never mind. ^_^

• Like 1

Not sure about Thai men, but Thai women sure are worth fighting for. Had a couple relationships with some Thai women, very nice. smile.png

At least much better than women in my country.

I find many friends among the males in Thailand, 98% of my friends except a few farang's expats I call my friends, again you get what you sow, if you respect Thai's they in turn will respect you, has been my experience in my decade plus time in Thailand.

My years of living in a rural Thai village has been "hassle" free, for the last 8 years!

• Like 1

Not sure about Thai men, but Thai women sure are worth fighting for. Had a couple relationships with some Thai women, very nice. smile.png

I find many friends among the males in Thailand, 98% of my friends except a few farang's expats I call my friends, again you get what you sow, if you respect Thai's they in turn will respect you, has been my experience in my decade plus time in Thailand.

My years of living in a rural Thai village has been "hassle" free, for the last 8 years!

Not trying to be rude but when I was at bangkok and won some farangs in a game, the Thai girls there actually cheered for me. Maybe they wanna see an asian win a farang?

Why you choose to live in rural places and not in city areas? 8 years is really long, so you know how to speak Thai language?

I also wish to have the opportunity to work or live in Thailand.

Not sure about Thai men, but Thai women sure are worth fighting for. Had a couple relationships with some Thai women, very nice. Posted Image

Cheers:Posted Image

Unless I've got you mixed up with another member, I think your experience of Thailand consists of making a monthly visit by some form of public transport to the supermarket in some distant town, and the occasional visit, again by public transport to see the doctor.Couple these two exciting events with the knowledge that your wife and mil worked as labour's on your building site, would lead the locals to think that you have no money, therefore your chances of being ripped-off by the same locals is minimal and would certainly help to make your life in a rural Thai village hassle free.

Well done.

Jackson86,

I live in a rice farming village because that is where my wife was from, I do not like living in a big city and I do not like the type of people that usually live in the sex tourist cities, not meaning most are not good people, but those cities attract the worse elements of the Thai as well as the Farang population. (my opinion)

In rural Thailand has extreme-ly nice, accepting people and a slower lifestyle, which I can better relate to and a peacefulness that eluded me in the big cities. I have gotten to know Thai people on a very personal relationship. which I would recommend to anyone wishing more peace and quite in their lives.

Nontabury,

No the person you mix me up with is not me, both my wife and mother in law do not work outside of the house, I do not own a work site and I pay my neighbor to take me to my monthly hospital appointments and my shopping trip to Nakhon Sawan.

All other time I travel by personal motorbike!

But you are correct I do not travel much, I only do my monthly shopping trip to purchase the items not sold in the village. market,

Cheers to you both:wai2.gif .

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 2

Kikoman is so fortunate ! I as a city person sometimes also don't mind staying in rural areas with my future wife. I don't mind marrying a thai wife, although I regret that I really don't understand thai and have to rely on just english. I'm also tired of all the urban competition. I may intend to rent out my current house in future, then bring noney to thailand and retire there for life. Singapore is a stressful country.

Edited by Jackson86

I once loved a Thai girl so much but had wasted 2 chances to tell her how I feel towards her. It took me a long time before I cooled down. To remedy my mistake to her, I promised her that I will love everyone in Thailand...

Sweet man. And you want to fight to make up for your mistake as well. Thats passion !!

• Like 1

Kikoman is so fortunate ! I as a city person sometimes also don't mind staying in rural areas with my future wife. I don't mind marrying a thai wife, although I regret that I really don't understand thai and have to rely on just english. I'm also tired of all the urban competition. I may intend to rent out my current house in future, then bring noney to thailand and retire there for life. Singapore is a stressful country.

Rural living is not for every one, no night-life at all, no bars, a few stores not much but nice people and a quiet life, you have to make your own activities to keep yourself busy.

If that sounds like your lifestyle, by all means move to the country!

I once loved a Thai girl so much but had wasted 2 chances to tell her how I feel towards her. It took me a long time before I cooled down. To remedy my mistake to her, I promised her that I will love everyone in Thailand...

Sweet man. And you want to fight to make up for your mistake as well. Thats passion !!

yep. Some may say I'm crazy but I guess love is indeed a strange thing.

Rural living is not for every one, no night-life at all, no bars, a few stores not much but nice people and a quiet life, you have to make your own activities to keep yourself busy.

If that sounds like your lifestyle, by all means move to the country!

I don't really have nightlife here. So long as you're with someone you love, I think that's enough. Perhaps as I age, my view of life also changed.

• 4 months later...

Oh dear what a great question. Fight for Thailand, my guess is most faangs in Thailand are here for the easy life, cheap booze, cheap women. Can I or any one else see the keyboard brigade putting their easy lives in danger. No way easy come easy go, and when it gets harder ?.....?..

Whenever I've asked it to people who wax lyrical about how much they love Thailand, I get the feeling 'the easy' life is the only reason why they are here. I too think most would say no yet in my opinion if you make somewhere your home and love it, you should be prepared to defend it, ot

protect what you care about.

Fight for a country? No, not a chance.

Fight for my family or my friends? To the death, literally.

I don't love any country. I do love my family and friends.

So, we certainly agree on one thing - to defend or protect what you care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I don't know if I would put much faith in the commanding officers of the Thai regiment I would be assigned to, assuming I volunteered and was accepted for active service. Nor would I want to become involved in a Thai vs. Thai civil war because of recent past events in Thailand where the military engaged in some questionable acts. I also wouldn't want to be captured when the Asians get going against each other.

post-46941-0-70622700-1394079827_thumb.j post-46941-0-94539700-1394079828_thumb.j

post-46941-0-21568200-1394079830_thumb.j post-46941-0-19972300-1394079832_thumb.j

I did my time in the jungle and I have seen my share of dead and tortured people. I can do without it. It's miserable. You're wet, eaten alive by insects, the food is bad, there's nowhere decent to take a dump and sleeping in the mud is not fun. I was never trained for combat and I'd probably be killed quickly. My friends who have done active service in Thailand have some serious emotional wounds and I don't want to end up like some of them.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1