good trainers /walking shoes

allyoops

I will be in pattaya in a few weeks and want to buy some decent trainers .good quality ones .

which are the best shops for this ,is it the department stores .

what price are good shoes like nike ,adidas,puma .are they cheaper than ozz .rip off here.

Central Dept Store at the Central Festival Mall (Beach Rd.) or Super Sport in the same mall--for genuine shoes.

No, they probably aren't cheaper than ozz. However, you might find something on sale.

Sports world in the Outlet Mall has a good selection, some good deals on Reebok, but avoid the stall as you walk in from the car park - seems to be double the price of everywhere else yet still seems to capture the Russian tourists as they come in !!

What you would pay in a Factory Outlets store for sports shoes in Oz will be far cheaper than a Thailand department store unless you want the latest fashion colours or style and you will know they are genuine.

I am from the USA, buy on the average 3 pairs of new athletic gym shoes for fitness and walking. In most cases I can find better deals in the United States at the sport shoe stores on sale or at the department stores that specialize with brand name mark downs (such as Khols). I do not see cheaper prices in the so called "factory outlet" stores around Pattaya; the brand name stores such as Nike or Adidas may have 30% off or more on their brand name athletic running shoes but they jack up the prices as far as possible before reducing it with a discount- so the price is still more than the "real" listed price back in another country. Then some shoes you can find on sale in Thailand and they are REALLY discounted, they may have been sitting around for a while and you find the adhesive on the sole coming lose after a couple uses. If you have the time, buy them in Oz. You can find a wider shoe for you foot there also.

Edited by toenail

Central Dept Store at the Central Festival Mall (Beach Rd.) or Super Sport in the same mall--for genuine shoes.

No, they probably aren't cheaper than ozz. However, you might find something on sale.

Super Sport had a sale on last week according to my mate and they had real bargains with (for example) top-line Nike's dropped from 5000 baht to 1200 baht. Maybe discontinued lines or a end of season special but worth checking all the outlets in the malls for bargains.

Agree that shoes are expensive here and since know my shoe size and fit, I usually buy online in the UK or US, ship to a couple of my buddies who are regular visitors and have them hand carried out. Well worth the price of a meal or a night out for the courier.

Good topic, some here like a local shop with lower prices: baca or baka or something.

I ended up spending a fortune for Solomon all purpose sport shoes at super sport last year and after that i might never go back to Nike new balance or Adidas, remarkable well made and fit shoe, for my feet.

Can anyone make a shoe like this or that even comes close?

Not as much wear and tear after over a year too.

• Like 1

I shopped for walking shoes for quite some time. It is discouraging. Much better selection back home and pretty much guaranteed to be genuine. Unlike here where some are knockoffs.

Have you tried Doc Marten's? They are available here - a bit pricey but (IMHO) worth it.

I have walked 1000's of miles in Doc's and would recommend them without hesitation.

I shopped for walking shoes for quite some time. It is discouraging. Much better selection back home and pretty much guaranteed to be genuine. Unlike here where some are knockoffs.

Have you tried Doc Marten's? They are available here - a bit pricey but (IMHO) worth it.

I have walked 1000's of miles in Doc's and would recommend them without hesitation.

I only wear shoes when I do my beach walks or when traveling out of the country. Otherwise, just flip flops! 55555