Does My Head In......

theblether

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has a lot to do with perception made of who is affluent and what they will afford . That is why I asked if you discussed the situation , as you come across in the forum as a bit annoyed by the outcome , ie ; walking away from a meal ordered by another and left uneaten .

It is an interesting subject .

Why didn't you order from the menu , as that is the "gentlemanly" thing to do, is it not ?

I will guarantee one thing, little Miss HiSo wannabe wouldnt have pulled that stunt with her mother.

Not so much a red flag, more like a yellow card, but on the evidence provided, not marriage material for me.

Still at the end of the day, its his life, his money to spend as he sees fit.

• Like 1

my 80's travel guide reads " Thai people like to eat several times per day . .. not unlike westerners, who prefer three meals a day. Thais like to enjoy snacks and small amounts of food whenever they have the opportunity to do so "

I would contribute it to the culture if your old lady simply forgets to honour one meal ,when another one appears on the horizon of this light leveled mind.

Wish my old lady would stop keeping the leftovers in the fridge. The contents of our fridge sometimes look like an archeologist's dream . . .

awh, yes and i forgot to mention, when we are in the restaurnat, i always insist she does not order more than she can eat. I listen closely to what she orders, and since I understand some Thai, i sometimes intervene and let her know that i don't prefer HER choice ( remember, the dish has to meet the taste of the guests, too) I throw in my misperceptions, and it works like a dream. We rarely have to order leftovers to be taken home. It is all about stop blethering and apply discipline . . . .

awh, yes and i forgot to mention, when we are in the restaurnat, i always insist she does not order more than she can eat. I listen closely to what she orders, and since I understand some Thai, i sometimes intervene and let her know that i don't prefer HER choice ( remember, the dish has to meet the taste of the guests, too) I throw in my misperceptions, and it works like a dream. We rarely have to order leftovers to be taken home. It is all about stop blethering and apply discipline . . . .

Blethering you say? I should be World class at that. I'll need to up my game. xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.7BHxcTK2hg.webp

Is it really such a crime to leave excess food?

Thanks for bringing up my question .

In rural societies I see little waste, just what they throw away and the leftovers go to the animals. I don't see a crime by jeasus and mary . I try to lead my family in this respect , but hell yes , my eyes are often bigger than my belly .

What the girl did was show that theblether is a hospitible host who provides a good spread of food. It would be very rude of them to have finished all the food on the table as this would have made theblether lose face as he obviously did not provide sufficient and the guest had to leave the table hungry.

• Like 2

What the girl did was show that theblether is a hospitible host who provides a good spread of food. It would be very rude of them to have finished all the food on the table as this would have made theblether lose face as he obviously did not provide sufficient and the guest had to leave the table hungry.

Still waiting for the b to answer , only he can close this one ,or could it be a pish take ?

C'mon blrther , I am waiting for your exceptionals ,its a long way away for this lad .

hail

Edited by onionluke

Still waiting for the b to answer , only he can close this one ,or could it be a pish take ?

C'mon blrther , I am waiting for your exceptionals ,its a long way away for this lad .

hail

It happened as reported.

In fact now that I think about it, it was rude to do that. We left behind fabulous food and it was my companion that wanted to move on to a bar. Within a short space of time she was chomping an a barbecue. We could have sat and drank at the restaurant the Thai way and finished the meal eventually, but nope.......

Hey Blether, get your laughing gear around one of these mate. It contains salad, so you don't have to worry.

I would like to see one of your little Thai Battlers polish off one of these!

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/mammoth-16kg-phat-bastard-burger/story-fneuz8zj-1226652380357

Bloody things huge! There used to be a restaurant in San Diego that offered

a 3 kilo boneless prime rib. It arrived at the table with baked potato & salad.

If one finished the meat the meal was free...if not it was around $70USD.

I took the challenge and polished off the entire meal...a couple hours later

I had horrible stomach aches for hours...way too much meat in there. Not

to mention the wine. This was back in 1978...don't know if the place even

exists these days....hell be paid if you walked in with a tie on...they'd cut

it off just below the knot and hang that bit up on the wall. This is a bit OT

but what the hell...

Oh the humility of it all Blether. At least you have talked about it, this really helps in the recovery process I feel. It's a 7 stage process and you have taken that first step.

I am weak, I need help.

Scammed out of half a fish and some Larb Moo.

I'll never get over it. coffee1.gif

Please stay away from balconies until you've fully rehabilitated. Flying Farangs Anonymous (FFA) are always there for you wee man. wink.png

Mercedes-girl abroad. 2 hours after recovering from dengue. And Blether is playing the field again!giggle.gif

Eh, it wasn't a romantic date

I've known this lady for a while and I hadn't seen her since April. It is possible to talk to a woman without trying to get into her knickers you know. xdry.png.pagespeed.ic.Kc5N3hfS-T.webp

really?