Does My Head In......

theblether

SC offers excuses.

Odd though, I seldom see Thais over ordering and leaving un touched food.

Its perhaps behaviour they save for when they've duped someone they have no respect paying the bill.

But of course we must excuse the 'sweet liitle Thai girl'.

Okay, I admit it.

My name is theblether and I was scammed into paying for two dishes of Thai food for no reason.

I'll never recover from the trauma. coffee1.gif

laugh.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure, if the Thai lady in the OP, had been to the very same restaurant, ordering exactly the same food, with a Thai friend, they would have finished all the food on the table. It might have taken an hour or two. But they would have finished it. Down to sucking the claws of the crab and eating the fisheyes!w00t.gif

So either she didn't enjoy the company or the the OP was in too much of a hurry to move on?

But that's just me.

I see you're as good at speculating as you are at managing. coffee1.gif

I find that most Thai women eat quite a bit, they make about 7 different dishes and all enjoy the variety of food, what they do not finish is not placed in the fridge, it is place in a special upright that is screened to keep the fly's out and eaten sometime in the rest of then day..

My wife enjoys eating from the food carts, but at 15 -25 baht a plate is not going to cause us financial hardship, and she deserves it because she always works around the house and yard from dawn to dusk. I only ask her never to feed me any food that has not been refrigerated and that is the way they are used to living as in the village electricity and fridges were not always used/available in her youth.

TIT,

Cheers:wai2.gif

Mercedes-girl abroad. 2 hours after recovering from dengue. And Blether is playing the field again!giggle.gif

Eh, it wasn't a romantic date

Then why in hell would you care what she ordered or finished.

Because she would have paid for her own meal...right?

On another note, you are chronically obese and the girl in question weighs 45kg.

Shouldn't you be seeking to mimic her eating habits rather than condemning them?

• Like 1

I am sure, if the Thai lady in the OP, had been to the very same restaurant, ordering exactly the same food, with a Thai friend, they would have finished all the food on the table. It might have taken an hour or two. But they would have finished it. Down to sucking the claws of the crab and eating the fisheyes!w00t.gif

So either she didn't enjoy the company or the the OP was in too much of a hurry to move on?

But that's just me.

Next time try to comment on my post, instead of taking cheap shots at the poster!whistling.gif

101 for internet forums.

Oh the humility of it all Blether. At least you have talked about it, this really helps in the recovery process I feel. It's a 7 stage process and you have taken that first step.

I am weak, I need help.

Scammed out of half a fish and some Larb Moo.

I'll never get over it. coffee1.gif

You never revealed Larb Moo was involved...sad.png

This is very serious, now. You could have asked for a doggy bag yourself.

Shame!

• Like 1

Oh the humility of it all Blether. At least you have talked about it, this really helps in the recovery process I feel. It's a 7 stage process and you have taken that first step.

hang on Krisb....he aint no pisspot...I thinkcheesy.gif

Mercedes-girl abroad. 2 hours after recovering from dengue. And Blether is playing the field again!giggle.gif

On another note, you are chronically obese and the girl in question weighs 45kg.

Shouldn't you be seeking to mimic her eating habits rather than condemning them?

Not being an Antipodean Neanderthal, I am still happy to pay for a meal for a female friend, in fact I'm delighted to pay for a meal for any friend. I regard it as a pleasure and a privilege.

I will take your point re mimicking her eating habits though, in fact I started last night. She left all that delicious food on the plates and...........so did I !!

Impressive huh? smile.png

• Like 1

Not being an Antipodean Neanderthal, I am still happy to pay for a meal for a female friend, in fact I'm delighted to pay for a meal for any friend. I regard it as a pleasure and a privilege.

I will take your point re mimicking her eating habits though, in fact I started last night. She left all that delicious food on the plates and...........so did I !!

Bet it was full of chili ....or it was chicken feet or pigs intestines or some such reason it was left..

Edited by itchybum

But that's just me.

Question Bleth,

What would your response be if you took a woman back home out for dinner and she ordered more food that she could eat and left it un touched?

Would you be as forgiving?

But that's just me.

Question Bleth,

What would your response be if you took a woman back home out for dinner and she ordered more food that she could eat and left it un touched?

I would, a lady is a lady, end of story for me. smile.png

But that's just me.

Question Bleth,

I would if she was 45 kg.

Personally, I would feel worse if she said "No, I never eat much, so I'll not bother ordering anything - but you go ahead."

I suppose what I should do is say to the waiter "If I pay a little extra, can I get just a half portion of that?"

As I say, it's probably better to leave some food than to soldier on and over-eat just for the sake of leaving a clean plate. The problem is that there are more dishes on the menu that you want to eat a little of, so really you need to dine as part of a larger group. Thai style, so to speak.

SC

But that's just me.

Question Bleth,

Well I have a story about that.

Last time I was on a date with a Scottish female she ordered the most expensive meal on the dish........here's what happened.

"theblether I just ordered a butterfly steak".

"How do you get a steak from a butterfly?"

"Oh be quiet, it's a special cut of beef"

"beef on a butterfly? well that's a first"

"It's from a cow ya headcase"

"Right, I've never heard of butterfly steak, do you like it?"

"It's okay"

"So why did you order it"

"It was the most expensive thing on the menu, I wanted to see your reaction"

"Oh, so you were testing me?"

"Yes"

At this point the waitress was standing behind her making throat cutting gestures. This was my regular trapping haunt and the waitresses used to pass comment as to the latest belle, in fact they formed an approval committee that all females had to pass. many failed, so did she.

You can see why huh?

• Like 2

To the contrary dear Sir.

I regard it as a pleasure and a privilege when my Thai friends buy a meal for me.

To hell with chivalry in this country...who wants to look like a sex tourist?

I am guilty often of ordering too much as I like to have four or five diffrrent dishes to try.

My gf usually manages to whittle it down to three which is still excessive really.

Just love food....and I don't worry about what's left at all.

• Like 1

I think it has a lot to do with perception made of who is affluent and what they will afford . That is why I asked if you discussed the situation , as you come across in the forum as a bit annoyed by the outcome , ie ; walking away from a meal ordered by another and left uneaten .

It is an interesting subject .

Why didn't you order from the menu , as that is the "gentlemanly" thing to do, is it not ?

Okay, I admit it.

My name is theblether and I was scammed into paying for two dishes of Thai food for no reason.

I'll never recover from the trauma. coffee1.gif

You must try Bleth, you have been duped by that sweet little Thai girl, whose mum obviously has no money. Duped man I say. You should be more choosy, perhaps the more erudite and less speculative poster might be more to your liking, or not, whichever the case might be.

• Like 1

Okay,  I admit it.   

I'll never recover from the trauma.  Posted Image

You must try Bleth, you have been duped by that sweet little Thai girl, whose mum obviously has no money. Duped man I say. You should be more choosy, perhaps the more erudite and less speculative poster might be more to your liking, or not, whichever the case might be.

I recommend he adopt a stringy looking Soi dog and I am sure no more good food shall go to waste.

That will show these Thai gals who is boss!

• Like 2

@Phronesis

What's buying a meal for a lady got to do with sex tourism? That's the most ridiculous post I've read for a while.

Oh No! So when I go to Sid's with the family for dinner, I probably look like a sex tourist and a paedophile to boot...

I might just get a dog, like Smokie says, then I'll ... just minute! That's madness!

SC

• Like 1

knowing the blethers luck, the dog will have a dependent mother, but will look sweet enough that he will be duped into leaving more food than the dog can eat, but then I am just speculating

There's no point speculating. You might just as well muse on who might be the video referee at this season's Heineken Cup Final...

knowing the blethers luck, the dog will have a dependent mother, but will look sweet enough that he will be duped into leaving more food than the dog can eat, but then I am just speculating

There's no point speculating.  You might just as well muse on who might be the video referee at this season's Heineken Cup Final...

It disnae matter....they just do whatever they hear Ray telling them!

Same could be said about those voices in our heads.

Dinnae tell me its just me noo....

• Like 1

Hey Blethe...

Mrs. Sunshine (nice name eh?!) does the same thing. Perhaps the only difference

is that what goes into the "bag" usually goes to the dogs when we get home. Mind

you there are times we (Mrs & Moi) have a munch as we give the food to the pooches.

As for the bugs...Mrs. Sunshine never tasted any insect prior to meeting me so I can

safely say that it's me who calls out or chases the bug vendor...they're good!

As for cake...there's always room....hah!

• Like 2