Does My Head In......

theblether

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they do it? ... hollow legs.

Could be the only place they put it all.

We've all watched 10 of them down what and Army of a 100 soldiers would eat.

Never stand between a (Thai) woman and food ... you'll get stomped in the stampede ... biggrin.png

Thai women dump (defecate frequently, that is how they are to consume too much. You may have noticed that your Thai girlfriend changes shape after she has eaten her main meal.

The food was excellent and she ordered too much, so we walked away from the best part of two dishes uneaten.

I wonder if the lady would have been so cavalier with her attitude if she was the one paying?

In my experience even when splitting the bill with Thai girls they order too much.

SC offers excuses.

Odd though, I seldom see Thais over ordering and leaving un touched food.

Its perhaps behaviour they save for when they've duped someone they have no respect paying the bill.

But of course we must excuse the 'sweet liitle Thai girl'.

Every time I eat out I see Thai's with tables full of food that they can't finish. This isn't something Thai's just do to take advantage of their farang boyfriends because he's paying the bill.

If you go out with a group of Thai's you'll see it happen too. Everyone will be paying an equal share and far too much food gets brought out.

Some of them will order a dish just to take one bite because they wanted to see what it tastes like.

Annoys me a bit too. Don't see the point on spending money on food we can't eat and will let it to go waste.

I'm not keen on keeping it for later or leaving it sitting on the table for the rest of the night incase we might eat it. Nothing worse than being full and seeing left over food sitting there.

Edited by TheSpade

even those Australians who despise the words, multi-culturalism, immigration and foreigner, can't help but agree what it did for our menus, diets and taste buds.

They brought us out of a culinary dark age. (Inspired by the British of course)

if it weren't for the post war immigrants we'd be still fronting up to Chops, boiled spud and three veg every night

Drinking alcohol always took precedence over eating food when it came to get togethers, parties, etc. (quote)

When the UK joined the Common Market they had to stop more or less from buying produce from Australia and New Zealand in other words leaving a massive problem for them. Australia had to find new markets and Asia was the obvious choice to make trade agreements with them which opened the door for more Asians to get into Australia bringing there food with them which in turn give the Aussie's more choice than they had before which could only be a good thing.

I watched a program on BBC many years ago when Clive James returned to his home city and made that very point of how good the eating was compared to when he left.

Bon Appetit

Edited by jocko

It's called a tapeworm, dude.

Aprox. 50-75% of people in "developing countries" have them. Tapeworm is one of the nicer ones. They get much nastier with things like Toxoplasma Gondii, Onchocerciasis (cause of "River Blidness"), and of course--Malaria.

Most pharmacies sell an over the counter pill called Albendazole. One pill can kill a 20 foot tapeworm in your gut. I take one after every trip to Thailand just in case that wonderful street food I enjoy is tainted (and probably is).

This site is an absolute joy to read while eating btw....http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/az/index.html#t

So, yeah, man--your GF has butt worms. Hate to break it to you like that (well, at least I'll bet money on it.). If it makes you feel any better, my ex GF had one too. She told me this after I had spent months spelunking down there. Nothing a cheap pill can't cure.

Aprox. 50-75% of people in "developing countries" have them. Tapeworm is one of the nicer ones. They get much nastier with things like Toxoplasma Gondii, Onchocerciasis (cause of "River Blidness"), and of course--Malaria.

Most pharmacies sell an over the counter pill called Albendazole. One pill can kill a 20 foot tapeworm in your gut. I take one after every trip to Thailand just in case that wonderful street food I enjoy is tainted (and probably is).

This site is an absolute joy to read while eating btw....http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/az/index.html#t

So, yeah, man--your GF has butt worms. Hate to break it to you like that (well, at least I'll bet money on it.). If it makes you feel any better, my ex GF had one too. She told me this after I had spent months spelunking down there. Nothing a cheap pill can't cure.

cheesy.gif .........Gawd...................laugh.png

She's not my gf, but setting that to the side I recently had a run in with a parasitical infection myself and I'll be doing the same thing you do from now on. We can't 100% trust the food chain here in Thailand.

I recommend that members get checked too, member Forethat recently posted that himself and 5 of his friends also had a parasitical infection. A simple blood test will tell you quickly. Better safe than sorry, now matter how grossed out you are.

How do they do it? ... hollow legs.

Could be the only place they put it all.

We've all watched 10 of them down what and Army of a 100 soldiers would eat.

Never stand between a (Thai) woman and food ... you'll get stomped in the stampede ... biggrin.png

Thai women dump (defecate frequently, that is how they are to consume too much. You may have noticed that your Thai girlfriend changes shape after she has eaten her main meal.

indyuk ... I think you're onto something there ... you're a smart man.

post-104736-0-84955200-1381235084_thumb.

I better stop feeding her!

It's the culture. You lose face if you don't have enough food. Doesn't matter if Farang is paying. They always over order. After all, many of them don't know where their next meal is coming from. Also, being fat, shows you have wealth. That's partly why fat Farang are accepted, they are viewed as wealthy, must be rich to eat that much.

Depending on my mood, I either control the number of dishes ordered, just ask the remaining be bagged up and I take it, get it in the refer, or if the lady I'm with over orders after I tell her how much I will eat in advance, I sit there for two hours and make her eat every last bite. And your correct, they'll be eating withing 2 hours, and again in 2 hours, and again in two hours until they sleep. This is why I have always said, there is a 50/50 chance that a given Thai person is eating at any point in time.

It's the culture. You lose face if you don't have enough food. Doesn't matter if Farang is paying. They always over order. After all, many of them don't know where their next meal is coming from. Also, being fat, shows you have wealth. That's partly why fat Farang are accepted, they are viewed as wealthy, must be rich to eat that much.

Depending on my mood, I either control the number of dishes ordered, just ask the remaining be bagged up and I take it, get it in the refer, or if the lady I'm with over orders after I tell her how much I will eat in advance, I sit there for two hours and make her eat every last bite. And your correct, they'll be eating withing 2 hours, and again in 2 hours, and again in two hours until they sleep. This is why I have always said, there is a 50/50 chance that a given Thai person is eating at any point in time.

I see a lot of fat Thais....in rice fields too...