Does My Head In......

theblether

I was out for a meal with a lady last night. The food was excellent and she ordered too much, so we walked away from the best part of two dishes uneaten. Fine, I'm not bothered about that.

We wandered up the street for a couple of beers and half an hour later she scuttled away to buy from a barbecue cart that turned up. Oh, and she probably weighs about 45kg.

About an hour later the insect cart turned up, she jumped out of her seat and headed towards it asking what insect I wanted to eat. Forkin none if you don't mind. annoyed.gif.pagespeed.ce.EWbqpZ7s0b.gif

I don't know how you guys can afford to feed these ladies.

How do they do it?

It does my head in, it really does. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen the same things happen. I am not cheap but I have seen babes order some very expensive dishes or 3 or 4 items and only eat a little. I now do all the ordering. Ask what she would like and figure it out from there. If the waitress is standing by I tell them to go away for 5 minutes or order drinks and come back for food order.

Thais can eat all day long. Unlike farang who inhale their food and lots of it quickly Thais like to eat slow and chat and drink and eat and chat and drink...... Maybe more healthy ???

• Like 1

How do they do it? ... hollow legs.

Could be the only place they put it all.

We've all watched 10 of them down what and Army of a 100 soldiers would eat.

Never stand between a (Thai) woman and food ... you'll get stomped in the stampede ... biggrin.png

Especially especially pregnant Thai women. Just keep feeding them.

I swear they have tapeworm - my inlaws can eat for 10 and haven't gained any weight in the 20 odd years I've been around.

Just last night, decent supper and I'm stuffed and all of a sudden the MIL says she wants me to make banana foster - butter, brown sugar, bananas poured over vanilla ice cream, she damn near licked the bowl.

• Like 1

I swear they have tapeworm - my inlaws can eat for 10 and haven't gained any weight in the 20 odd years I've been around.

Just last night, decent supper and I'm stuffed and all of a sudden the MIL says she wants me to make banana foster - butter, brown sugar, bananas poured over vanilla ice cream, she dam_n near licked the bowl.

You forgot the rum.

My GF loves it too, but my dog gets to lick the bowl.

• Like 1

How do they do it? ... hollow legs.

Could be the only place they put it all.

We've all watched 10 of them down what and Army of a 100 soldiers would eat.

Never stand between a (Thai) woman and food ... you'll get stomped in the stampede ... biggrin.png

I have been at a resort with middle age Chinese tourists...breakfast buffet is something Wladimir Klitschko wouldn't survive....I stopped it....

If we have half eaten or untouched dishes when we go out, the Missus always asks for it to be put in a bag to be taken home - sai toong, gahb-baan.

Mines the same ...

Mrs Possums the same too, but only the food she takes home is for the dogs.

The food was excellent and she ordered too much, so we walked away from the best part of two dishes uneaten.

I wonder if the lady would have been so cavalier with her attitude if she was the one paying?

That's a fair point, though to be fair she did pay for the barbecue and the insects, there's no way I was paying for that. xdry.png.pagespeed.ic.Kc5N3hfS-T.webp

Last night my wife and family returned from a day trip to the big Wat in Chachoengsao. Which the MIL loves to visit.

On their return my wife baled out of the big nosh up at her mother's place and came back to my place where she told me she didn't want to eat anymore Thai food.

OK, says I, how about a (pan) toasted ham, cheese and tomato sandwich then?

She devoured it as if she hadn't eaten for a week!

I think I did too good a job teaching my wife to become 'falang'.

I've found that ladies generally prefer to browse, while men prefer to wolf and gorge.

I think it comes from different evolutionary roles. Women stay in the bush, minding small children and foraging for low-calorie roots, nuts and berries, while men go off hunting game; then eat as much as they can so there's less to carry back,... eat again at home, and then off for the next wildebeeste or rabbit or whatever.

SC

How about the vegetarians ?

I've found that ladies generally prefer to browse, while men prefer to wolf and gorge.

I think it comes from different evolutionary roles. Women stay in the bush, minding small children and foraging for low-calorie roots, nuts and berries, while men go off hunting game; then eat as much as they can so there's less to carry back,... eat again at home, and then off for the next wildebeeste or rabbit or whatever.

SC

... very subtle ... wai.gif

SC

yes, Neanderthals still walk among us.

TV is testament to that. wai2.gif

• Like 2

SC

yes, Neanderthals still walk among us.

TV is testament to that. wai2.gif

Oieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, l am a hansum Neanderthal, all the ladies say so. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I am quite interested to know what you said to your friend about over ordering and waste . Did you question her choices before or after leaving two of the dishes practically untouched ? I don't date women as I'm married , but we, wife and I, do discuss the meal before ordering . Just asking like .