Chalerm improving after surgery

webfact

POLITICS
Chalerm improving after surgery

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Labour Minister Chalerm Ubumrung's health condition has slightly improved following brain surgery and he will be ready for discharge from hospital this week, his doctors have said.

"He now can eat food and respond to other people," Ramathibodi Hospital director Dr Surasak Leela-udomlipi said.

Chalerm was taken to the hospital on Friday after he complained of problems with his balance. He underwent surgery to drain excess fluid from his brain and has since been transferred to the inpatient ward recovery room.

Surasak said medical teams could not find the real cause of Chalerm's illness but his condition was not at a critical stage.

Pol Captain Duang Yoobamrung, Chalerm's youngest son, said his father could talk and walk and even eat food normally. However, doctors wanted him to take more rest and not to work hard.

"Doctors asked me to be careful with the risk of infection that might [hit] my father," Duang said.

Chalerm's younger brother, Nawarat Yoobamrung, said his brother had recovered and had a fresh face and could smile and laugh. He said Chalerm wanted to thank people who had called him and worried about him.

Office of the Narcotics Control Board secretary-general Pol Lt-General Pongsapat Pong-charoen said he believed Chalerm would soon be able to work and continue his job overseeing the National Command Centre for Drugs.

Chalerm has designated the Labour Ministry's former permanent secretary Somkiat Chayasriwong as an adviser to help him run the ministry.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-07

I think that our dear Chalerm, fighter for the people, should take this as his queue to take retirement and enjoy the rest of his (few?) remaining years.

All these years of scheming and whatnot, what is it all for if you have bad health? Can't take all those millions with you.

• Like 1

A resilient character. Down but not out.Posted Image

The story hardly gives the impression he's a fighter.

More that he's just coasting along, biding his time, almost sulking.

As was mentioned before, will he be well enough for his self-imposed be-heading, should the criteria be met?

Apparently it took surgery to remove the bottle from his lips. rolleyes.gif

It was cutting down on his political talking too much.

Ahh, my old friend, that same quote, "Apparently it took surgery to remove the bottle from his lips." would apply to quite a few posters here. wink.png

Edited by Local Drunk

This time it was just a warning to him- maybe next time, not as fortunate. All the negative reactions he caused are gonna haunt him in the end, if not already. Life evading the law, escaping the country in the 80's...thug sons. No wonder he drowns himself in booze. Every having a rough day, remember this guy & all his issues, and you'll feel relieved to be you.

He's responding to other people, does that mean he's shouting and waving his arms about already ?

No. It means he's asking if his regular stipend is going to be paid whilst he is off on the sick list, also are the regular commissions still coming in as the service cost on a pink Bentley are a big ticket price.

Apparently it took surgery to remove the bottle from his lips. rolleyes.gif

It was cutting down on his political talking too much.

Ahh, my old friend, that same quote, "Apparently it took surgery to remove the bottle from his lips." would apply to quite a few posters here. wink.png

yourself included no doubt.........w00t.gif ....like yourself i do wish him a speedy,,recovery.....demize.......whistling.gif

After removing liquid from his "brain" (sure it wasn't B.S?) I hope he will make sence when he openes his mouth.biggrin.png

It would have to be a total brain and personality replacement, if he was to make any proper sense.

I suppose this explains the lack of Chalerm announcements in recent weeks.

A man tlod the story of a defender of local thug, asking the people, "why they made the indivudal the butt of so man jokes," the question was answered by the spokesman who replied, "because he is the perfect arse hole".

His eventual passing will launch a New Orleans style funeral with cheers, jeers and some jazz ending with a duel between his goons(sons), winner-take-all.

And THAT, would about sum it all up right dandy clap2.gif

Doctors are unsure what caused his condition, however any Bangkok masseuse would identify it in a split second, administer him a quick rub down with a " happy ending" & drain off some excess fluid.

1 hour later, no more problem & probably charge a lot less!!

Doctors removed 50cl of Chilean Merlot from his cranial cavity.

The bottle remains lodged in another cavity.

Ahh. Now we have the reason for this statement from the doctor "Surasak said medical teams could not find the real cause of Chalerm's illness", they haven't looked in the right place.