How should I dress?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're opening a bank account, not attending an interview...

That said, there are appropriate levels of dress for any activity... over-dressing is never an issue, under-dressing can be.

Don't turn up in Shorts and Vest Top...

Jeans / Trousers and Shirt / Polo shirt are fine...

In short, wear what you see or would expect to see most respectable people around you wearing.

Question: What would you expect to wear when walking into open a Bank Account in your Capital City back home ???

Probably less how you dress, and more how you conduct yourself ... Good Luck

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, disagree a little. The Mrs tells me, what ever a farang does, what ever he is doing, Thai folk are scanning everything. They expect you to be the perfect example of humanity. I can go with that cos Thais have said to me ''you are very smart''. I THINK, they didn't have to say that but they did. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Teachers dress like slobs, so not that.

We are not all Teachers, are we. In fact Teachers come to LOS from every corner of the world, BUT, I know where the OP comes from, soooo, enough said from me. smile.png

It is a well-known fact that teachers the world over dress de rigueur in Oxfam a la Mode.

Edited by yoshiwara
  • Like 1

We are not all Teachers, are we. In fact Teachers come to LOS from every corner of the world, BUT, I know where the OP comes from, soooo, enough said from me. smile.png

It is a well-known fact that teachers the world over dress de rigueur in Oxfam a la Mode.

How do you know how I dress ?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, disagree a little. The Mrs tells me, what ever a farang does, what ever he is doing, Thai folk are scanning everything. They expect you to be the perfect example of humanity. I can go with that cos Thais have said to me ''you are very smart''. I THINK, they didn't have to say that but they did. thumbsup.gif

They won't think I'm smart because I never wear shorts.

You know where I come from? Well you and Mrs Transam can come and pay me and Mrs Possum a visit.

• Like 1

Typical Pattaya attire.... Singha vest and shorts with fake 150 baht Nike flip-flops.... also need to be unshaven, hungover, sweating profusely from your previous day, 10 large bottle of Chang intake.....thumbsup.gif

That's the exact opposite from me in every way.

Smart clever or smart appearance ? ................... or do Thai people use irony ? wink.png

Best to go in drag, preferably with 6-inch stiletto heels, a skintight gold lamé dress and an off-the-shoulder feather boa with sequins on it. Then they'll know you're here for the ladyboys and will feel confident opening an account for you, knowing you're here for the long haul and will likely be transferring a lot of money from your home country.

Dress like you are in summertime in your country. Casual, but clean, plus little polite shining, surely work well. Farang looks really good when they dress like at home.....thai try to copy with funny too much, sometimes I think some thai guy try to copy western dress and looks like Charlie Chaplin...cheesy.gifgiggle.gif