Can't Open Hotmail

farangconnection

I can't open hotmail messages on my lap-top. All I get when I click on to each message is Error on page. Funny thing is, I can open junk mail messages. Any ideas?

Seems I made a mistake. I thought this forum was for people that needede help with internet problems. Two days and no replys. By the way the same does happen on junk mail.

Edited by lampard10

Msn has been having lots of problems worldwide for the past couple of weeks. Messenger signs in and out at random and you can't access hotmail at times. At other times you can't sign into msn or if in a messenger chat the typing isn't delivered to the other party in the chat. It's not just Thailand.

I/m having a similar problem............way i got round it for the time being was to click on the msn home page "butterfly" on the msn browser then when that page opens click on hotmail from there.

Once i got on my mail site page i put the page in my favourites and now open that up when i want to check mail.

Give it a go...........might work for you , might not. :o

Maybe using a decent mail client would be a good idea ? If you can access hotmail through a web browser your mail client should be able to retrieve the mails.

Outlook Express is a piece of $hit software as well as Internet Explorer and Windows. You can use Firefox or Opera for web browsing and Thunderbird for mail.

I/m having a similar problem............way i got round it for the time being was to click on the msn home page "butterfly" on the msn browser then when that page opens click on hotmail from there.

Thanks for that.......I can read my messages from there, but if I click onto mail from there, the same happens. I have to open all my messages individually from MSM. No problem. I only use it on the road. I have my own E-mail web site as well, but a lot of people use my hot-mail, and I do try and keep business & pleasure seperate. Thanks again.

Once i got on my mail site page i put the page in my favourites and now open that up when i want to check mail.

Give it a go...........might work for you , might not. :o

I can't open hotmail messages on my lap-top. All I get when I click on to each message is Error on page. Funny thing is, I can open junk mail messages. Any ideas?

Hi, Lampard!

Maybe virus. I had the same problem with hotmail an year ago. And it was virus.

I changed to yahoo. Afterwards no problem.

Olaus

Hi Mr. Lampy. :o Sometimes, if you haven't done it already, try clearing the cache. That would be "tools", "internet options", "delete files", checkbox "offline content". For me, doing this has many times cleared up some "weird" problems as you describe. :D

Hi Mr. Lampy. :o Sometimes, if you haven't done it already, try clearing the cache. That would be "tools", "internet options", "delete files", checkbox "offline content". For me, doing this has many times cleared up some "weird" problems as you describe. :D

I got it now........I took Thaiflyers option(if you look closley you will see my reply in the middle of his message)

I can now open my hotmail direct from MSN My page. If I click on to Mail after that though, it still comes up 'Error'

I must open each message by going back. As I only use it when I'm travelling it's not too bad. Thanks.

Hi Mr. Lampy. :D Sometimes, if you haven't done it already, try clearing the cache. That would be "tools", "internet options", "delete files", checkbox "offline content". For me, doing this has many times cleared up some "weird" problems as you describe. :D

I got it now........I took Thaiflyers option(if you look closley you will see my reply in the middle of his message)

I can now open my hotmail direct from MSN My page. If I click on to Mail after that though, it still comes up 'Error'

I must open each message by going back. As I only use it when I'm travelling it's not too bad. Thanks.

Aha. Yes indeed I missed your reply somewhat buried in Thaiflyers quote. :o At any rate, now more out of curiousity, had or have you already tried clearing the cache and logging into hotmail the "usual" way?? :D