Barbeque Buffet Delivery Driver killed in Jomtien road crash

Rimmer

Barbeque Buffet Delivery Driver killed in Jomtien road crash

crash-31.jpg

PATTAYA:--A 43 year old delivery driver working for a Barbeque Buffet Restaurant was killed in an early morning road crash on the Sukhumvit Road in Jomtien.

Just before 1am on Tuesday, Police and rescue services were called to the Highway where it intersects with Soi Watboon to deal with the crash which resulted in the death of Khun Somjit who works for the Ninja Barbeque Restaurant.

His bike had come into contact with a Black Mitsubishi saloon car driven by Khun Ganganit aged 20 who told Police that she was driving from Baan Chang in Rayong Province to Bang Saen close to Chonburi City when she approached the junction and realized that she needed to make a U-turn. She navigated her vehicle urgently over to the right-hand lane and came into contact with the motorbike and its driver who was thrown from the bike and died instantly.
Full Story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/105095/barbeque-buffet-delivery-driver-killed-jomtien-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-10-08

She probably didn't even check her mirrors before swerving into his lane. Doesn't surprise me, though, considering it takes only a day or so to get your driver's license here. Just take the theoretical test and then drive around the parking lot a bit and there you go!!! They have to implement the same procedure you find in the west for acquiring a driver's license here in Thailand. It's the only way!!!

Problem seeing the mirrors through the darks tinted windows, but no problem seeing her text on the phone.

She probably didn't even check her mirrors before swerving into his lane. Doesn't surprise me, though, considering it takes only a day or so to get your driver's license here. Just take the theoretical test and then drive around the parking lot a bit and there you go!!! They have to implement the same procedure you find in the west for acquiring a driver's license here in Thailand. It's the only way!!!

Edited by drdoom6996

Just finished reading the post about dangerous foreign drivers before reading this one. Ironic.

Blame an expat, any expat will do. Maybe the expat that bought the car for her to drive, and will pay the fine for her to walk away and kill again another day.

Both guilty of not having common sense. Bike driver traveling at speed near cars and trucks, etc etc ad nauseum. Car driver traveling at speed and making sudden turns, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Both guilty. I am flat out of sympathy when the cause of death is absolutely and unequivocally sheer stupidity.

..but let's instead focus on aggressive foreign drivers, shall we?

• Like 1

The U turn areas should be eliminated here unless they are controlled by lights.

Bus and min van drivers are particularly bad drivers. They pull out in front of bike riders

knowing it is break hard or suffer the consequence. Just a little dent for them.

First of all poor girl is only 20. I have never seen a responsible 20 year old driver who was able to drive properly. So she should have just taken the bus. Secondly, this annoying habit of thai drivers: I just realized that I had to take a u turn while at the junction already so I quickly switched lanes without looking around because I haven't realized yet that I am not the only driver out there...caused so many fatal accidents already that they should notice an emerging pattern here and stop repeating the same mistake over and over again.

Why should she need to make a U-turn? Did she have a sudden insatiable desire to visit the Floating Market? What was a motorbike doing in the outside lane? I guess we'll never know.

Driving any vehicle is work and requires total concentration at all times. I'll bet a pound to a pinch of dog poo she didn't check her mirrors every 10 or 15 seconds or so. When taking my UK test many years ago I was asked what colour was the car immediately behind me. An instant answer was required.

Just finished reading the post about dangerous foreign drivers before reading this one. Ironic.

Danger has no, gender, nationality or prejudice. The irony is the senseless death of this human being.

Problem seeing the mirrors through the darks tinted windows, but no problem seeing her text on the phone.

Do you have additional information that we aren't privy too or are your comments speculation?

Both guilty of not having common sense. Bike driver traveling at speed near cars and trucks, etc etc ad nauseum. Car driver traveling at speed and making sudden turns, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Both guilty. I am flat out of sympathy when the cause of death is absolutely and unequivocally sheer stupidity.

I was not present nor have read any police report, so I'm unable to comment about the speed or actions of each driver just prior to the fatal accident. Finding guilt in this accident is certainly above my level of expertise and the loss of any life has my sympathy, regardless of a tendency to assign stupidly as a mitigating factor.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged"?

????

Why is the bike rider guilty of having no common sense?

The bike rider was riding along the road where you normally do travel at a particular speed and you do normally find other cars and trucks?

Was he to know that he was to be struck suddenly by a car doing (as witnessed) an "urgent manoeuvre"?

"They have to implement the same procedure you find in the west for acquiring a driver's license here in Thailand. It's the only way!!!"

You can't be serious. How many people do you know of who were denied a drivers' license in the "west?"

You can be 99 years old, deaf and blind or a 16 year old half wit high on sniffing glue and still get a license in most US states. You really have to screw up to get a restricted or suspended license and that's only AFTER you've caused a problem.

Edited by Suradit69

RIP.That sukhumvit rd especially the section between Pattaya nua down to Theprasit.I can only describe as the road to hell.I lived in Pattaya many years and i used to dread the thought of going down this road on my Motorcycle.I'm only too glad I moved to Phitsanulok.It's dangerous anywhere on the roads of Thailand,it's just we have nowhere near the volume of traffic as there is in Funland.

Do you have additional information that we aren't privy too or are your comments speculation?

Ben , You alone are our Moral Compass .... Bravo ...!

Yea when doing a U turn you have to be careful, many car drivers really don't care about the bikes. Poor guy hope that if she is guilty she will get punished

She has to live with this for the rest of her life. That is some form of punishment

I was not present nor have read any police report, so I'm unable to comment about the speed or actions of each driver just prior to the fatal accident. Finding guilt in this accident is certainly above my level of expertise and the loss of any life has my sympathy, regardless of a tendency to assign stupidly as a mitigating factor.

"Judge not, lest ye be judged"?

Uh.... erm.... OK!(?)

NEXT...!

????

Why is the bike rider guilty of having no common sense?

The bike rider was riding along the road where you normally do travel at a particular speed and you do normally find other cars and trucks?

Was he to know that he was to be struck suddenly by a car doing (as witnessed) an "urgent manoeuvre"?

The question is, "Why is the bike rider guilty of having no common sense?"

You are joking, yes? Please tell me that you are joking.

You do realize that you are implying that one should not be required to use common sense when operating a motor vehicle, hence one should not be guilty of not using common sense, and when a wreck happens (resulting in several dire outcomes) no one is guilty because they did not use common sense?

Common sense had nothing to do with it. Common sense is an option. Things like this should simply not happen whether or not common sense was used or not. Not using common sense does not cause wrecks which result in several dire outcomes. I should have complete and abject trust in all other drivers; that they are using common sense and that is good enough for me to not use common sense and get to my destination safely. Brilliant! Simply brilliant!

What planet do you come from anyway; or are you simply a Thai asking a question that I would only expect a Thai to ask?

You know, davethailand, I see a lot of aged foreign bikers over here riding bikes. I rarely see aged Thais riding bikes. Maybe you should have a sit down with one of those older foreign bikers and ask this amazing question to them, because I think you have been listening to too many young Thai bikers here. I am sure the aged foreign bikers could tell you much better why your question is about as idiotic as it gets.

People who say this is senseless are pretty much acknowledging the fact that there was no sense; ... not even common... before during and after and even still when you look out the window at the roads.

I do not know about you, but I equate that with guilt. Death does not remove that guilt and that is the real regret throughout all of this lunacy. Maybe now you understand why I have little or no sympathy for people who are high risks to self-destruct at any given moment when operating a motor vehicle. Look at it this way: they were both destined to have this happen, and I put the odds of that girl at "Not Good" if she continues to operate a motor vehicle without any further training or use of "common sense" which you seem to think is not a pre-requisite.

This is my epitaph to the man who did not use common sense, and a warning for the girl. It is a hell of a lot better than what his or her loved ones ever did.

Yea when doing a U turn you have to be careful, many car drivers really don't care about the bikes. Poor guy hope that if she is guilty she will get punished

He was not driving in the freeway lane. He was driving on the shoulder. That does not give him right of way.

How is she guilty of killing him? He is the one who voluntarily left the safety of the shoulder (at speed) and plunged, intersecting into traffic (the U-Turn) into her car.

It is the same as if I were to run down the foot path and out into a traffic turn without first looking both ways and using the common sense of self-preservation (for lack of anything better). I am the one leaving the foot path. He is the one leaving the shoulder without using any signals or anything.

She is only guilty of making an improper turn.

You can't fix stupid.