Thai Police Colonel loses his post due to 'dirty' police station

webfact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think jail cells like this would be more of a deterrent to individuals having a propensity to break the law and end up in one of these welcoming cells.

Obviously you misunderstand the role of detention facilities at a police station.

Persons detained at police stations are unconvicted, hence they are assumed innocent... they deserve to be treated as humans.

So taking this to its logical conclusion, the police only arrest innocent people.

Hang on, TIT, that's probably true anyway, looking at how high-profile cases are solved instantly 'the butler did it' as it were.

As you well know: Innocent until proven guilty.
Confirms my point.

At any one time, a proportion of the people occupying cells in police stations must be 'not proven guilty' ie innocent

A shambolic house is a sign of a shambolic mind.

This guy is supposed to be a professional police manager, allowing the place to get to that state is an indicator that he's not mentally fit for the job.

Correct decision.

True, But, what about all the other contenders for similar treatment?

This colonel must have upset his boss or someone connected chai mai ?

How many senior BiB officers would pass the tests that other professional police services use to screen entrants and promote officers?

It is dirty, I admit. But nothing compared to the real crimes committed daily by the BIB. Methinks this guy did something to anger a higher up.

... dirty - yes, well, but then especially the >waste-management< shown here isn't that much different from what one could witness at any given day in / around countless local homes ... so in fact they DID provide a "welcome atmosphere" - i mean >just like home< what more can one ask for ... wink.png

... you're right i guess, i'm pretty sure too he angered a higher up - most likely by not sharing "sideline income" ... , tststs, big mistake ...

However, in general one should think they have more pressing problems to cope with than the claimed ones, don't they ... !?

I would think jail cells like this would be more of a deterrent to individuals having a propensity to break the law and end up in one of these welcoming cells.

Oh yes, because when people with a propensity to break the law decide to commit their crimes, they are convinced they are going to get caught and end up in prison - so they will think twice of that prison is dirty. Even murderers will pause mid-murder and consider that as the death penalty is in force, they will die by lethal injection rather than spend their life in jail - and even worse, along the way they will be forced to stay in a filthy cell. Another crime prevented!

Sty.

Normal for pigs.

Most Thai criminals these days are not even worthy of being called pigs!

Too many uneducated scum!

Yes, whatever happened to the good old days of educated criminals? Ah, it was different back then, son... criminals were well-groomed, didn't resemble pigs in the least and were certainly not scummy - perhaps even holding a high position that befitted their educated status... oh wait, hang on, I think we may still have some criminals like these... but they never see the inside of a prison cell.

A police colonel sacked for poor housekeeping? I can't believe that was the extent of his 'sins'. He obviously made some powerful enemies for reasons that will likely remain unknown to the general public.

The more important issue that no one seems to be addressing is:

Just how many other police jails around Thailand may be in the same or worse condition???

I suspect this guy and his facility are hardly alone or even the worst of their kind.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Amazing thailand lose job because of dirty place not dirty payoff

Yes, stupid me, when I saw the headline I thought to myself, wow, a cop actually got fired for being corrupt! Normally when a corrupt cop floats to the surface and is seen, the worst they get is transferred to an inactive post till the hub bub dies down.

Unfortuantely, my new found hope for a cleaner police force was shortlived. This guy obviously teed off a superior and they used the dirty police station as an excuse to get rid of him. So it's kind of part and parcel of the corrupt game played.

Ah well.......life goes on.

• Like 1

Amazing thailand lose job because of dirty place not dirty payoff

Yes, stupid me, when I saw the headline I thought to myself, wow, a cop actually got fired for being corrupt! Normally when a corrupt cop floats to the surface and is seen, the worst they get is transferred to an inactive post till the hub bub dies down.

Unfortuantely, my new found hope for a cleaner police force was shortlived. This guy obviously teed off a superior and they used the dirty police station as an excuse to get rid of him. So it's kind of part and parcel of the corrupt game played.

Ah well.......life goes on.

Noooooooooooooo, look at BiB uniforms, look like brand new ever day, that is of the utmost importance. Soooooooo, other stuff should really be on the same par.

A more fitting punishment will be to make the superintended spend couple of nights

in his cells, that will teach him a lesson about preserving the human dignity

of his prisoners and staff...

and give him some nice color pens to make some nice color graffitis.

Why should a jail be "welcoming"? So people want to come back. It looks fine to me, no different than any other Thai home I've been in.

OK ok thats enough Thai bashing for me today. In fact Thai people are extremely clean. Just certain sanitary practices they seem to be challenged with. ie cleaning/sanitizing eating utensils/plates/knives, other uses for "Hater" bleach.

I told 2 Thai friends of mine that in a natural disaster or to make water drinkable you put a teaspoon of "Hater" bleach in water for every gallon I believe (I have to check that again) and I was laughed up and down as they pointed to the "CAUTION" label and the picture on the bottle. Was difficult for me to explain that some things have many uses and can't all be put on a label and explain what concentration of a liquid is. OK enough... Yes I like bleach. If they used it more then maybe many tourists wouldn't get food poisoning.

That police station is disgusting. Yet an employment opportunity for someone to get a few hours/days work.