Overstay Visa Two Years!

Kaymcdonnell

For all overstayers. Someone i know has just been to Ranong with a 2 year overstay in his passport, due to a lot of bad luck.

This is not the first time he has overstayed as he did this in 2008 and overstayed for one year. He has just been to Ranong and was concerned what would happen at the border even though he had the 20,000 bht fine with him. Lots of scare mongers had put the fear in him that he would be arrested. Anyhow it went just fine. The immigration where great with him and he had no issues at all. So if you are in the same situation, I hope this helps you.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope these offenders are thrown out and blacklisted.

I jump through hoops and pay my visa fees and so should they.

Losers.

Get a life!  Good for you that you jump through hoops like a well trained circus animal.  It's really none of your concern what somebody else does.  If a guy overstays two years, doesn't get caught by the police along the way, then pays his 20,000 baht fine upon leaving, he's jumped through his own hoops; he's immediately back within the law.  Just because you choose a different method certainly doesn't make you better.  And wishing someone ill luck just because they chose a different path than you is about as arrogant and mean-spirited as it gets.  To each his own and viva la difference.

It makes me better because I stay legally. Anyone overstaying is a criminal in any country.

Your argument is invalid. Move along.

• Like 2

As usual the same old jump to conclusions.

And what conclusion is that? I concluded that a guy puts a post on here about how he has been breaking the law for 2 years, and how he got away with it. Ive got a way of describing a person like this and it rhymes with rum.

So next time I admit breaking the law for a couple of years, make sure you cut me a bit of slack ok

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I gave it to him

Well at least you are clear on that.

You helped, what must be a very good friend and GAVE him THB 20K.

Although I cannot see what kind of problems a person can have that can cause a 2 year overstay, except perhaps being in a coma,

you have solved his overstay problem. So how is he faring now?

• Like 1

Not hard to work out by the posts who stops here legally and who does not

Its easy to stop in Thailand if you have the funds and its not expensive

I have met a lot of people who overstay and one person whose passport has been expired for 10 years so he cannot report

Its easy to overstay and pay the fine, they should make it harder to do like other countries and have a exclusion period of

2 years for people who do overstay, having no money is not a excuse, return to your home country and earn some instead

of trying to scam other farangs here

Edited by nedkellylives
  • Like 2

Losers.

When this guy gets to immigration before without being checked beforehand, Thai immigration does not have a problem with it.

So why would you?

He follows the rules his own way at his own risk, .....gets to immigration, pays our 20,000 bahts, and gets cleared, all that with a smile from immigration officers...

...and if he'd been picked up by the police, arrested, thrown into detention, and subjected to all the best by way of law enforcement that Thailand has to offer, then I suppose we'd be hearing a lot of moaning about Thailand's onerous immigration rules, unwillingness of embassies to help, etc., etc., etc. Well, guess what. It's the same guy! What makes him any better than the guy who does get caught without "means"? Nope, for my money, this is just one of the scoflaws Thais point the finger at whenever it's farang-bashing time. 'Tarnishes the responsible, law-abiding, playing-by-the-rules majority. I can't say I wish he'd been picked up, but it's too bad his home country will let him keep coming and no doubt do the same thing again. BTW, where does the line form for the B20,000 handouts?! Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

Losers.

Get a life! Good for you that you jump through hoops like a well trained circus animal. It's really none of your concern what somebody else does. If a guy overstays two years, doesn't get caught by the police along the way, then pays his 20,000 baht fine upon leaving, he's jumped through his own hoops; he's immediately back within the law. Just because you choose a different method certainly doesn't make you better. And wishing someone ill luck just because they chose a different path than you is about as arrogant and mean-spirited as it gets. To each his own and viva la difference.

It makes me better because I stay legally. Anyone overstaying is a criminal in any country.

Your argument is invalid. Move along.

Interesting how you feel somewhat superior for your ability to it would seem failing at easily maintaining a Visa of some sort in Thailand. I cannot understand how this paper work and fees have driven you to the point of.. weirdness. I cannot really support an argument that your just being a bit of a <deleted> with your attitude, its actually pretty clear to everyone.

But it my experience as a legally staying expat across many countries continuously over the too many years, I never found a reason to care or even give a damn about anothers visa compliance unless I was hiring them or otherwise obligated. Lastly compliance has never felt like an burden of anything more than simple administrative tasks, so just relax and keep your paper in order and maybe fill your time with something constructive (suggestion, baseless yes).

I am leaving this your better statement alone, other than to say it is quite childish I really cannot frame it any other way. But yeah what ever strokes your ego, live and let live.

• Like 2

After all its absolutely crazy to play with ovwerstay. As other members all ready told, if people with owerstay get caught by one or another reason, thay will be in big big troubles. A Finnish friend of my was caught the last night before he should leave the country. And he refused to pay the police 7000 bath in tea money. The rest is history. Days in jail, had to change his name, so he could go back to his apartment in Pattaya, not a rented one, but his own. Etc etc.

Please dont recommend other people to gamble with owerstay.

• Like 1

The point is they can't go home if they are broke, no money for the flight

If people are that broke they should go home and get a job. I can understand a couple of months. But a couple of years? Jees

How are they surviving? People need food and shelter.

I guess they are working illegally or involved in illicit activities.

How did this broke over stayer get the 20k to pay the fine? Let me guess, borrowed it of some other poor soul.

It angers me because I have to fill many criterias to stay legally and at great expense but some lazy bum can just overstay and pay a mediocre fine.

No reward for being legal. Just a rip off in comparison.

If you want it is quite free to get visa and also free to not get one, his choice Oh Master

Its easy enough to drive up to Ranong on a honda dream every 2 weeks. I have seen plenty do it. It wouldnt cost you more than 500baht. I bet these lawbreakers have enough money for a few archers. Its about priorities.

The problem is they do not have 500 baht, we were at the local market the other day and a farang was trying to get a 20 baht

stick of cooked chicken for 17 baht because thats all the money he had

Its easy enough to drive up to Ranong on a honda dream every 2 weeks. I have seen plenty do it. It wouldnt cost you more than 500baht. I bet these lawbreakers have enough money for a few archers. Its about priorities.

The problem is they do not have 500 baht, we were at the local market the other day and a farang was trying to get a 20 baht

stick of cooked chicken for 17 baht because thats all the money he had

It's called haggling.

Normal price for gai ping is 10bht a stick.

As for overstay, up to him, no need for all the mean spirited to condemn him for a minor infringement of silly rules.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2