What do YOU do when you get Bored in Thailand

Mangosteen1

in this particular order:

1/ i go to my neighbour and watch him get drunk (while he cooks for me)

2/ i go to myanmar and praise myself for not being born in this failed state/farce

3/ i fly to europe for couple of weeks and praise my self for being open-minded and detached

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read - go online - play/participate in 2 team sports - crosswords once in awhile - go find different places to eat - jump in the car and drive anywhere just to explore - hope into CM to grab a meal - go get a nice long massage - grab a movie about once a month, maybe 2x - stay in town over night once a week for one or two nights and enjoy everything the city has to offer - meet new people from all over - host visitors (friends) from other countries once in awhile (more work & less fun than I thought it would be) - go bike riding (whether near or putting it on the car and finding an interesting place to quuietly see - smile at the ladies and appreciate the smiles back .....if nothing ambitious maybe a short Thai massage followed by a nice long oil massage....good way to spent a few hours.....especially a day after playing in a sport.....plans on putting in a gym in one room.....

In 3 years haven't been bored enough to get Cable/Sat yet.....only about 140 posts here so have managed not to go stir crazy yet....I don't cook so eating out can be an adventure.....

One of these days I'll visit Pattaya and be like a wide eyed kid but I'll stay on a bottom floor.....

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

Surf the net, download moves, its rainy season so its a boring time right now.

Next month I'll be out taking photos which has been my hobby for the last 3 years. Especially nature. Thailand has some great national parks.

No time to be bored, but if I feel I'm not busy enough I sit back and dream about all the folks raking leaves back home, in a few months I'll be thinking of them shovelling snow. I also have a great hobby which takes up 50% of my day -I try to figure out how ways to irritate the FIL, everyone needs a hobby.

Work in the garden, the house. Come on TV when my wife has cleaned up the house and cannot find my tools like now. When raining read or play games. At night cook, see friends, drink or sleep, or all together.

Never really bored. Just sometimes lazy when it is up around 40 degrees.

Cheers

My mother used to say that boredom is a disease of the unintelligent and the unimaginitive.

She was right.

I think the OP started this thread as a light-hearted way to swap ideas on things to do with one's spare time in Thailand and because they are interested in what others do, not as an open invitation for pompous fools to congratulate themselves on their supposed superiority. Just how insecure and bored do you need to be to post this type of nonsense on-line?

Personally I spend a lot of time on the Internet, watching NFL games (at this time of year), Premier League football and anything else that takes my fancy. I also read a lot, play with my daughter and moan about utility companies, local drivers and many other things.

• Like 2

7 years in Thailand and never got bored. I always have some projects I'm working on, when I'm not actually working. Right now, I'm building a puppet theatre for a nearby school. Next project will probably be buying an old small bike (Suzuki A100) and customize it. Making sculptures is another past time.

24hours are definitely not enough for my day.

Great project for the school! I'm sure the kids will appreciate it and have hours of fun. :) Edited by Benmart

You can get bored in Thailand?

I like JoeThePoster, find you can not get bored in Thailand, I live the life I've always wanted, have a great wife, family and Thai friends, The wife and I do a lot of fishing together.

I find so many things to do, many times do not have as much time in the day to complete them! As we make the bulk of our food, such as, bread, cheese, ham, bacon, porkstrami, summer sausage, chorizo, nixtamal, corn and flour tortillas etc, grow corn, tomatillos, tomatoes, habanero, santa fe chile verde, onions, cilantro, limes etc. made most of my bedroom funiture, raise chickens do not have much time to get bored.

Spend time playing badminton with my family, going to the Wat, visit my friends, do a lot of cooking with my family, cooking ( Mexican food) is my hobby, made, UDS (smoker), 55 gallon wood fired drum oven, Mexican horno and an underground BBQ pit.

When I do start to miss the bright lights, I tune into TV and reaffirm my decision to forsake that lonely existence

Cheers:wai2.gif .

When are you inviting us over for dinner?

How about saying something offensive in Thai to the local Mafia boss and then run away. I guess, that life might be very exciting afterwards. :-)

Yeah, but not for long rolleyes.gif

See my feet? Ever tried folding a bowling ball in half?

Haha Good one biggrin.png Im a licensed health advisor im sure about what I am saying. I lost 10 kg with this method not only that I became really fit. I could have lost a lot more but my face became to skinny. so I decided to keep the weight. and thats a lot harder. you just start slowly jogging. first time 200m then increase a bit(50m) everyday. NIKE"Just Do It" Mon-Friday thumbsup.gif

Easier is 6 eatingmoments a day with a mandatory breakfast, lunch and dinner. In between f.e. fruit, cookie, cup a soup etc. Calorie intake between 1.500-1.800 a day. Excersise, walking is sufficient between 30 -120 min a day. Goes slower with loosing weight but better for the long run. Do this 6 months and weightloss of 20% guaranteed.

Just saying....

Yep and reduce the carbs as well. No rice bread or pasta. Potatoes in moderation. Add that in and you still have a healthy weight loss but maybe also a good effect on your blood sugar.

Well first I would move to some place with a little more to offer.

Now as for the weight I can't afford to lose 20% of my weight.

For blood sugar control lot's of cinnamon.

Smoke a J, beat off and play computer games.

Yeah thats my Plan B start with Computer Games, perhaps get a Play-station or Xbox, But I prefer Computers games better thumbsup.gif

"Creating your own American dream?"

"my Plan B start with Computer Games"

What I meant was: If you live in a typical thai community and work a lot: I will make sure; I have my punching bag hanging, jogging, a good tv, stereo, motorbike, dog, training my dog,hobby, go to cinema once a week, small journey with my gf on motorbike, making friends, trying new foods,downloading movies a lot. weekends traveling, these kind of things biggrin.png