What do YOU do when you get Bored in Thailand

Mangosteen1

Smoke a J, beat off and play computer games.

Yeah thats my Plan B start with Computer Games, perhaps get a Play-station or Xbox, But I prefer Computers games better thumbsup.gif

"Creating your own American dream?"

"my Plan B start with Computer Games"

What I meant was: If you live in a typical thai community and work a lot: I will make sure; I have my punching bag hanging, jogging, a good tv, stereo, motorbike, dog, training my dog, hobby, go to cinema once a week, small journey with my gf on motorbike, making friends, trying new foods, downloading movies a lot. weekends traveling, these kind of things biggrin.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's difficult to be bored in BKK. Always something on, always someone wanting to meet, a friend with plans, a girl to date, a film on at the local cinema, a new bar or restaurant just opened (or that I just heard about) that sounds good, a new activity or place I just discovered.

Never been bored in LOS. Not even once. Even waiting at the amphur for hours on end can be it's own source of entertainment.

Walk around. Look at stuff. Shag the GF then listen to music while she watches the soaps. Excercise. Swat mosquitoes. Lather, rinse, repeat until dead (with a smile on your face).

Edited by KuhnPaen

Never been bored in LOS. Not even once. Even waiting at the amphur for hours on end can be it's own source of entertainment.

Walk around. Look at stuff. Shag the GF then listen to music while she watches the soaps. Excercise. Swat mosquitoes. Lather, rinse, repeat until dead (with a smile on your face).

What does LOS stand for?

I am bored now so I am on Thaivisa.... This site can be interesting and a good way to chill out and waste some time.

I get bored but there is always something I could be doing. My problem is that sometimes I am just too lazy to do .... Hahaha .... Like now !

• Like 1

Build a house , youll never get bored!

Tell me about it, been moved in over a year still fixing and adjusting. Will probably be doing so forever.

7 years and 2 months still fixing, adjusting and optimising!

My Thai buddy and I go to the dump and shoot rats with BB guns.

If we're really bored we dismember prostitutes and feed the remains to the crocodiles...

JUST KIDDING!!! (had to say that because some of you tossers are SO serious)

Lift weights

go boxing training

do jump-rope in the sun

go to a park to run and sleep

try and make progress on my never ending pile of books to read

Nothing specific to Thailand. I try and live more or less the same life here as I lived in Spain and s.america.

Except I cant take long walks here.... I suppose you could walk, but all the noise pollution and street hawkers would make it not enjoyable.

Lift weights

go boxing training

do jump-rope in the sun

go to a park to run and sleep

try and make progress on my never ending pile of books to read

Nothing specific to Thailand. I try and live more or less the same life here as I lived in Spain and s.america.

Except I cant take long walks here.... I suppose you could walk, but all the noise pollution and street hawkers would make it not enjoyable.

Can't walk where I live as the feral dogs would kill me. Made that mistake once- never again.
  • Like 1

Bored in Thailand. Are you serious?????????

More to do here than back home, even if it's just going to the mall and burd watching.

I don't think there's more to do in Thailand than the UK (where I call home). I think there's considerably less to do here really and what there is, is of a much lower quality usually. If you take sunbathing and women with questionable morals out of the equation (I know that sounds like insanity to some) there is nothing in Thailand that I don't think is easier to do (or better) at home...not that I can think of offhand anyway. This isn't a complaint about Thailand, just an observation.

A few examples: Somebody mentioned that Thailand has a rich history...I'd say Britain's was much richer and better documented. Then you have eating out, sports facilities, museums, walks in the countryside, a few beers with good friends in the pub, terrestrial television stations, food delivery firms that know where you live, live music venues....that's just off the top of my head. I think it's just as easy to get bored in Thailand as it is in any other country, perhaps more so when seedy night-life holds little attraction.

Edited by inthepink
  • Like 1

Thailand has one of the richest fauna and flora in the world. With over ten percent of the worlds plants and animal species at your doorstep it seems a shame so few people are interested in studying it. I have a three week trip coming up which will be dedicated to wildlife photography in the north, and that will keep me going for a couple of more months editing and writing up my notes. Seriously, if you are getting bored with a place find someone who is an expert on an area or subject and you might start to look at a place with new eyes.

More to do here than back home, even if it's just going to the mall and burd watching.

I don't think there's more to do in Thailand than the UK (where I call home). I think there's considerably less to do here really and what there is, is of a much lower quality usually. If you take sunbathing and women with questionable morals out of the equation (I know that sounds like insanity to some) there is nothing in Thailand that I don't think is easier to do (or better) at home...not that I can think of offhand anyway. This isn't a complaint about Thailand, just an observation.

A few examples: Somebody mentioned that Thailand has a rich history...I'd say Britain's was much richer and better documented. Then you have eating out, sports facilities, museums, walks in the countryside, a few beers with good friends in the pub, terrestrial television stations, food delivery firms that know where you live, live music venues....that's just off the top of my head. I think it's just as easy to get bored in Thailand as it is in any other country, perhaps more so when seedy night-life holds little attraction.

Have you considered helping out at an orphanage or such? Even teaching English to students is interesting and appreciated.

<when seedy night-life holds little attraction.>

Well to each his own, but going down the "pub" and getting pissed doesn't turn me on at all, and that's what suffices for "nightlife" in my home country.

My Thai sister-in-law says exactly the same thing. There's so much to do in the UK.

She couldn't handle the pace of life there though, even for her and she's very switched on. She was shocked at how tough going it actually was, how hard people worked.