What do YOU do when you get Bored in Thailand

Mangosteen1

Bored in Thailand. Are you serious?????????

More to do here than back home, even if it's just going to the mall and burd watching.

I don't think there's more to do in Thailand than the UK (where I call home). I think there's considerably less to do here really and what there is, is of a much lower quality usually. If you take sunbathing and women with questionable morals out of the equation (I know that sounds like insanity to some) there is nothing in Thailand that I don't think is easier to do (or better) at home...not that I can think of offhand anyway. This isn't a complaint about Thailand, just an observation.

A few examples: Somebody mentioned that Thailand has a rich history...I'd say Britain's was much richer and better documented. Then you have eating out, sports facilities, museums, walks in the countryside, a few beers with good friends in the pub, terrestrial television stations, food delivery firms that know where you live, live music venues....that's just off the top of my head. I think it's just as easy to get bored in Thailand as it is in any other country, perhaps more so when seedy night-life holds little attraction.

Have you considered helping out at an orphanage or such? Even teaching English to students is interesting and appreciated.

<when seedy night-life holds little attraction.>

Well to each his own, but going down the "pub" and getting pissed doesn't turn me on at all, and that's what suffices for "nightlife" in my home country.

I didn't say that I was bored. I said it's just as easy to get bored in Thailand as it is in the West, if not more so.

Going down the pub and chatting to good friends is more enjoyable to me than getting pissed and talking to prostitutes but as you say, each to their own.

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get bored in isaan. why would I? like anywhere else, i can read, go on the internet, excercise, meditate, visit friends, do chores, go for a swim at the local pool, bike ride, play music, listen to music, go out to eat, cook.

• Like 1

i dont get bored in isaan. why would I? like anywhere else, i can read, go on the internet, excercise, meditate, visit friends, do chores, go for a swim at the local pool, bike ride, play music, listen to music, go out to eat, cook.

Isaan seems so interesting :)

Isaan seems so interesting smile.png

I have never lived anywhere i didnt enjoy and find interesting.

Isaan seems so interesting smile.png

I have never lived anywhere i didnt enjoy and find interesting.

I have. I spent six weeks in Stevenage once.