£10,000 / $16,000 how long personally...

ryro88

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No English classes you can teach today ?

$ 16k....2 months or there abouts to answer your question

Yes but you live in Pattaya and are a naughty boy. Unlike OP. I think ?

Err no I dont and as much as i dont have a problem with the concept of P2P in principle, one suspects Mrs SP would be buying a new carving knife and some ducks if I was ever caught out partaking and I am rather fond of my gentlemans bits...biggrin.png

No English classes you can teach today ?

$ 16k....2 months or there abouts to answer your question

Yes but you live in Pattaya and are a naughty boy. Unlike OP. I think ?

Err no I dont and as much as i dont have a problem with the concept of P2P in principle, one suspects Mrs SP would be buying a new carving knife and some ducks if I was ever caught out partaking and I am rather fond of my gentlemans bits...biggrin.png

So, till now you got lucky then ?

I think it depends where you live and what your lifestyle expectations are. Sure you can stretch it out for around a year but at the same time in bangkok if you want to go out to bars etc 2-3 times a week it could easily be gone in 2-3 months.

Nice breakdown Friefan!

Er not really cos all thats going to happen to this thread now is that resident cheap charlies will be posting their lists trying to out do each other on who can spend the least and slagging off people who spend more than they do and calling people sexpats, alcoholics, shouldnt have married a BG etc etc....this sort of thread is a regular occurance on TV and if you do a search you will see its been done to death

Despite the fact "its been done to death", this was your 4th post on the thread ??

You are aware, there is a current "bored in Thailand" thread running? whistling.gif

Yes I know about the "bored thread" already made my comments on that one....travel scrabble anyone ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EO6abKG5Hg

• Like 2

As others have said, it would depend on circumstances.

If I was given it, allowed to quit my job, keep my current lifestyle but resume work when i ran out of funds = 1 year

If I was out of work and didnt see any more in the near future = 18 months

If it was an inheritance given to me on condition I enjoy myself with the money from my rich uncle = 2 months

• Like 1

A year sounds right (for me!).

Is about Baht 40k/mth.

Studio apt: 10000 Baht (near mrt/bts - w gym/pool)

Utilities/Inet/mobile: 2000 Baht

Transport: 3000 Baht (no home leaves - but trips to beach Incl.)

Health insurance/vitamins/OTC meds/dental: 2000 Baht

Groceries: 5000 Baht (Incl. foreign luxuries)

Above basic costs adds up to 23k/mth

Other: sports, sports gear, PC/phone repairs/upgrades, clothes all vary from month to month but let's say 5k to cover all and leave some buffer.

Remaining 12k is for entertainment, eating out, gifts and so forth. Heck - maybe even some savings!

Cheers!

5000 baht for groceries your having a laugh.. Double that food bill and add a few more thousand baht.. 175 baht for food per day is living like a homeless person..