even after 15 years

true blue

went to siam tv yesterday wanted to buy a iron,rather chatty thai shop assistant,(which is unusual)recommended the tefal model,and demonstrated its good points,though display model had very small fault,after looking around at other models agreed to tefal one but get me new one no proplem sir,paid money,assistant come with me,and ask me to wait by cashier,next second brought me bag with boxed iron in,thought decent of her save me going to warehouse to collect.got home decided to check my new purchase,and yes the assistant had worked one on me and given me the display model,not new one,i generally watch every thing with eagle eye here but,she was so helpful,still live and learn even after many years here.ps iron works okay which propaly the first thing they would say if took back????.

• Like 2

It seems to be standard practice here that when you buy an electrical appliance, they make a big show of taking it out of the box, plugging it in and even helping you fill out the warranty card as you check out -- at least that what they do at Central Dept store which is where we buy most of our electrical appliances. Heck they even check out a light bulb in front of you when you buy one at Central!

I've had limited experience with Siam TV, but it was a major TV/sound system purchase that they delivered and installed. Of course, we wouldn't have accepted it if it was damaged.

I would have gotten very suspicious if they gave me an appliance in a box, without insisting I inspect it in front of them.

I sympathise. Went to buy a pair of wiper blades for the ride. Picked out what I wanted, THEN, a young bird said, ''We have the best out back"", hmmmmmm, OK, she brought them out and l thought, OK, thank you. They lasted about two down pours. sad.png It was a very famous store. sad.png

It seems to be standard practice here that when you buy an electrical appliance, they make a big show of taking it out of the box, plugging it in and even helping you fill out the warranty card as you check out -- at least that what they do at Central Dept store which is where we buy most of our electrical appliances. Heck they even check out a light bulb in front of you when you buy one at Central!

I've had limited experience with Siam TV, but it was a major TV/sound system purchase that they delivered and installed. Of course, we wouldn't have accepted it if it was damaged.

I would have gotten very suspicious if they gave me an appliance in a box, without insisting I inspect it in front of them.

hindsight is great nancy,but the procudure at siam tv is you go to warehouse next door and collect your goods with your bill,and as i said she threw me big time as i was not excepting her to come with the goods,but your right in what you say,should have checked,never mind still living and learning even at my ripe old age.to trusting,which is pretty dangerous here.

hindsight is great nancy,but the procudure at siam tv is you go to warehouse next door and collect your goods with your bill,and as i said she threw me big time as i was not excepting her to come with the goods,but your right in what you say,should have checked,never mind still living and learning even at my ripe old age.to trusting,which is pretty dangerous here.

I have bought several products at Siam and never had to go to the warehouse to pick them up. The TV and refrigerator they delivered and hooked them up for me. Several times I have found what I like at several different stores and they would not sell them to me because they did not have any in stock and would not sell the display model.

Any how as you say it works great now.

How much to do a shirt?biggrin.png

I have bought several products at Siam and never had to go to the warehouse to pick them up. The TV and refrigerator they delivered and hooked them up for me. Several times I have found what I like at several different stores and they would not sell them to me because they did not have any in stock and would not sell the display model.

Any how as you say it works great now.

How much to do a shirt?biggrin.png

But you wouldn't really want them to deliver an iron.......would you?