always ask yourself: would you do the same in your home country!

Crazy chef 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the attraction of countries like Thailand is precisely that you can do so many things which you would not do in your home country. I write that not as a recommendation to be stupid, careless or break the law but as a philosophical and psychological point.

• Like 1

Wait...it's like he's trying to say something...

BTW "Chav" is a word I had never heard before coming to Thailand. I don't think it's a western word. I think it's a UK word.

You think the UK is in the East ?

Chav is indeed a word used in UK slang expression.

And if middle-aged men (or older) could get together with girls half their age in western countries they would!

They can, but the prostitutes in their own countries are more expensive.Look at the minimum wage in your country and multiply it by 4 or 5. Then compare to the min. wage here 300 baht/day x 4 or 5. I am not saying all the farangs here are with hookers, but many are,and from your previous posts on TV. and the other Pattaya forums you are very happy with your "girlfriend" who works in Pattaya and you sponser. Your words Mr. Brewster. So how can she be your "girlfriend"? Peace

Lets turn this around. Regular posters will know how critical I am about Thai drivers. If I was driving or riding my motorbike in the UK and was cut up by other drivers the way I regularly am here in Thailand, there would be a lot of sore faces. But not here in Thailand. I have to put up with it for obvious reasons.

Well, if I am just driving down the road a little bit on the motorbike, I don't wear a helmet. It turns a hot, 10-minute walk into a cooler 2 minute ride, round trip. Going into town or on the highway, yes, helmet is on, always. I also don't wear a helmet while riding a bicycle, but I don't do anything extreme...just flat roads all over and not at high speeds.

• Like 1

Surely the attraction of countries like Thailand is precisely that you can do so many things which you would not do in your home country. I write that not as a recommendation to be stupid, careless or break the law but as a philosophical and psychological point.

Thailand is most certainly less restrictive :)

Sent from my SM-T211 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I love it because it is NOT like the UK or USA. No "nanny state". Would I behave at home like I do in Thailand NO that is why I am here. I once wrote before if people who sit in meetings with me during the working day back at home could see what I do here they would have a fit lol.

Let us hope this country never become like our home countries!wai2.gif

Edited by maprao
  • Like 1

Many of the snide and smart ass replies here actually begs a similar question. As an anonymous poster, how differently do you treat someone on TV.com that if that same person were actually in your presence?

I think some of you would get a fist in the face for the way you act here.

So you be clowin' this dude fo gettin his freak on wit some hood rat and kickin it in his crib? I'd never hear Chav before, either. Last night my Pakistani friend asked me why does he see older men with older women? Don't they know they can get younger? He was sincere in his question. I said "Maybe they are married long time. Maybe they love each other. If I were to take to USA lady I am seeing now (25 year diff, but she thinks she is old), I would get plenty of dirty looks, whispers, etc'.

When I lived in the Barrio I always got along with my neighbors, when I moved to the upscale neighborhood, was a very different story. You could live next to a person for years and never talk to them, Living in the village I interact with everybody and with all of my neighbors, something that is mostly unheard of in the states in mixed neighborhoods.

No more police coming to my house because the dog was barking, or we made a wood fire in the BBQ to make tortillas, or the grass was to long, the music was to loud, ect. People are more accepting here.

No more fists fights which I was involve with into my 60.s in the country bars I danced at in the states. and after I moved out of Pattaya.

I find a lot more freedom here than in the states as you needed to get a licence or permit to do most anything, life was to regimented and big brother was always watching,.

I am glad to have lived in the states as, I got a good education, and some great jobs after I graduated from the University of Arizona in my 40's, but as I got older, the country has changed, on a hundred & 50 miles to Rocky Point Mexico, I would be stopped at the most 6 times on the 100 mile on US side of the border on immigration check points It began to feel like a police state.

Here I feel more accepted, and feel free!

Cheers:wai2.gif

Well Kikoman,I hope you are right,as we are in the process of working out the pros and cons of moving back to the village where my wifes bros and sis lives.I am living in a farang modern village right now with all the mod cons ----concrete houses,congrete walls all round,guards on the gate going out and coming in.All the farang talk about is money and rubbish Thais and Thailand. Have to be a heavy drinker to be "in" with them,yet when I go visiting in village all welcoming and happy people .Don't talk money as we havn't got any type of reasoning----just talk and be happy. Hope it works out-----Dougal

I actually feel like I act more responsibly here. Drug experimenting 0 as I dont want to risk being busted and not drinking until im pissed because I dont want to get into a bad situation because lets face it... situations with drunk farangs and the BiB or Thai Men dont work out in our favor on this side of the world.

Only been here 2+ years as im 30 though... maybe I havent been here long enough.

DON'T CHANGE---------- youre on the right track !!!!!!

I love it because it is NOT like the UK or USA. No "nanny state". Would I behave at home like I do in Thailand NO that is why I am here. I once wrote before if people who sit in meetings with me during the working day back at home could see what I do here they would have a fit lol.

You're not being clever.

I trust you look both ways before you cross the street back home, right?

Does the fact you're now in Thailand mean you needn't bother any longer?

Would I get married and pay my wife a salary in England?

Completely out of the question

I got married and in England paid my wife my entire salary, most of my pension, and my inheritance from my parents, for 30 years.

Although, at the time, I didn't realise that was what I was doing.

In Thailand it's more obvious and you have the choice, to do or not to do.

Edited by FiftyTwo

I got married and in England paid my wife my entire salary, most of my pension, and my inheritance from my parents, for 30 years.

Yeah but did you pay her a salary every month or did she get a divorce settlement equivalent to your having paid a salary every month for 30 years plus the pension plus the inheritance?

If the latter, then it's not the same is it?

Yeah but did you pay her a salary every month or did she get a divorce settlement equivalent to your having paid a salary every month for 30 years plus the pension plus the inheritance?

As with many men, she had my entire salary, every month for our married life.

She chose how to spend it, and how much I could have in pocket money each week.

Not unusual, many couples operate like this worldwide.

So exactly the same, except here, I get to choose how much I give her.

PS

In the UK she got to choose when we had sex (hardly ever) and she had to be 'in the mood'.

Here, I get to choose when we have sex.

Edited by FiftyTwo

In Thailand it's more obvious and you have the choice, to do or not to do.[/quote If legally married in Thailand without the right paperwork like a prenup she can claim 50 % of youre stuff.

So exactly the same, except here, I get to choose how much I give her.

No it's not the same.

I assume you gave your wife your entire salary because she had superior budgeting skills and was better at handling the bills and other outgoings; not for her to go out and splurge on tat.

The salary you give your wife here is, I presume, for her to spend as she wishes and that is precisely what I wouldn't do.

No it's not the same.

I assume you gave your wife your entire salary because she had superior budgeting skills and was better at handling the bills and other outgoings; not for her to go out and splurge on tat.

The salary you give your wife here is, I presume, for her to spend as she wishes and that is precisely what I wouldn't do.

I seem to remember plenty of 'soft furnishings', mixed with china figurines and collections of embroidery wall hangings and thimbles. Would you consider any of that 'tat'?

No it's not the same.

I seem to remember plenty of 'soft furnishings', mixed with china figurines and collections of embroidery wall hangings and thimbles. Would you consider any of that 'tat'?

Those adorned the house you shared with her, right?

They weren't locked up in a cupboard marked "Mrs FiftyTwo's stuff; Do NOT enter", right?

When I say "tat", I mean she wasn't out buying Vera Wang dresses, Jimmy Choo shoes, Tiffany jewelry for herself was she?

If she wasn't then, AGAIN, it ain't the same.

The arrangement you have with your current wife where you dish out readies to her just for being your wife is one that I, personally, would avoid.

I appreciate that at your age and, perhaps, with your modus operandi, you were probably looking for something different in a wife than I would be. Perhaps you want the equivalent of a live-in maid, cleaner, cook, lover and confidante (if you speak enough Thai/English) and for that, I suppose you have to pay.

If it works for you, swell but I hope you haven't bought a house and put it in her name.

BTW "Chav" is a word I had never heard before coming to Thailand. I don't think it's a western word. I think it's a UK word.

You think the UK is in the East ?

Chav is indeed a word used in UK slang expression.

Google shows the word " chav " as having Romany (Gypsy) origins. Obviously the meaning has changed and is now used pejoratively ( not exclusively in Essex, or to footballers wives ).

I'm sure they do but not sure why anyone would agree to being told how much of their own money they could spend each week.

I doubt I'll ever get married, my dad has warned me well off that and I hardly any people I know have parents still together so I'm quite against it, but if I did there's no way I'd allow someone else to control my hard earned cash.

Out of the few guys I know who are married they manage the money and not the wife however.

• Like 1

Crazy chef 1

Posted 2013-10-10 19:22:15

\many times i see ppl sitting and chatting together which in the west would shunn each other.westerners getting pi$$ed the whole day but still debating about their superiority

Only a participant in such a discussion would know what they were talking about. NOT ?

You're not being clever.

I trust you look both ways before you cross the street back home, right?

Does the fact you're now in Thailand mean you needn't bother any longer?

Thailand's OK until the shit hits the fan and then most people would be crying out for a bit of the much maligned "nanny state".

I'm British and I've never heard the word before. Not a UK word