Man kills Thai woman for having new boyfriend 'too soon'

webfact

Has all to do with the chai-jin , its a noble way to live . Holding back ur emotions , not shout , not show ur anger ,just stay cool . Sadly many Thai's will explode eventually .

In there opinion they eventually will be punisht by karma .

Guns are easy to get , as the surrounding county's where or still are conflict country's .

Where I live most people own guns , elderly people got old shotty's , younger prefer AK"s , M-16's , and a lot of handguns .

Hope they all will stay cool :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to admit it but Thailand isn't the only place where this happens often. I love my country (America) but domestic killings happen very often and thanks to the availability of guns it is far to easy to accomplish

I'm from the states too. This stuff happens all the time everywhere. We have had two shooting sprees recently. Doesnt happen often in Thailand.

Not about face. Just a jealous insecure guy with a firearm. It isnt a Thai thing.

This thread isn't about the US, and you are way off topic. However, I will post the graph one more time (maybe the tenth time) showing that Thailand has the 3rd highest gun murder rate per capita in the world, and it's ten times what it is in the US. And Thailand supposedly has tight gun controls.

It IS cultural. These figures are per 100,000 people.

gm.jpg

Thank you all knowing Neversure. I never said it is about the US. I want to stop the Thai bashing and try to be a bit positive.

Are you Thai? Asian? You understand every culture? I hope you dont live in Thailand.

I saw the cctv footage yesterday. He calmly walked up behind her while she was seated with another male in Tesco Lotus and shot her from behind then strolled away. The cctv footage shows her still alive and maybe 10 seconds later the killer reappears and puts another bullet in her. Very disturbing.....

I saw the same video.It raised more questions, Why was a guy filming the video feed with a mobile device, it looked to me like more people than this nut job knew what was going to happen.Tradgic.

I hate to admit it but Thailand isn't the only place where this happens often. I love my country (America) but domestic killings happen very often and thanks to the availability of guns it is far to easy to accomplish

I'm from the states too. This stuff happens all the time everywhere. We have had two shooting sprees recently. Doesnt happen often in Thailand.

Not about face. Just a jealous insecure guy with a firearm. It isnt a Thai thing.

This thread isn't about the US, and you are way off topic. However, I will post the graph one more time (maybe the tenth time) showing that Thailand has the 3rd highest gun murder rate per capita in the world, and it's ten times what it is in the US. And Thailand supposedly has tight gun controls.

gm.jpg

Thank you all knowing Neversure. I never said it is about the US. I want to stop the Thai bashing and try to be a bit positive.

Are you Thai? Asian? You understand every culture? I hope you dont live in Thailand.

Perhaps NS is realistic eh.

I had a guy outside my place at 3 am emptying a 9mm semi, on two different occasions. sad.png A bar near me a guy was shot dead, last month a guy was cut up and killed in the same bar. Thankfully the BiB have closed it down because of the clientèle it attracted. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I love all of the finger pointing at Thais in the states the guy would have went postal on her aand who ever was standing around in the general area more than likely 5 to 10 people killed. This is a issue that not onlt Thais have with ex girlfriends and boy friends. Years back I dated a woman in San Diego she went home one night and the ex beat her to death there was not a part of her body without a bruise on it. I was slated to testify at the trial but was not called. So what did her husband have a loss of face.

gm.jpg

Perhaps NS is realistic eh.

I had a guy outside my place at 3 am emptying a 9mm semi, on two different occasions. sad.png A bar near me a guy was shot dead, last month a guy was cut up and killed in the same bar. Thankfully the BiB have closed it down because of the clientèle it attracted. thumbsup.gif

With the statistics and horrifying stories of violence what exactly is keeping you guys in Thailand?? Obviously something so great to outweigh all the negatives everyone is highlighting.

I want to stop the Thai bashing and try to be a bit positive.

Thai bashing? Is Thailand a special country that is above criticism? Some posters on here certainly think so.

No it is not. If you had read the previous posts some comments were excessive.

gm.jpg

You said "This stuff happens all the time everywhere" and then continued to refer to shootings in the US, but the table clearly shows it does not happen all the time everywhere, not even in the US. It only happens all the time in a few countries, including Thailand. Why do you want to stop the Thai bashing, when it is clearly not a general problem, but a Thai problem (together with a few other countries)?

Edited by monkeycountry

Notice the headline says "Man kills Thai...." but other article same days reads "Finnish tourists...." or Australian, or Indian, or German..... you get the idea. Is there some editing bias against identifying as Thai when Thais commit crimes? I think so.

Well, you can try to stop the Thai bashing, but you can't duck the clear fact that the roads are among the most dangerous in the world, and that the gun murder rate is among the highest in the world. If that's Thai bashing to you, I'm sorry. Just stating the facts here.

I don't live in Thailand but I spend a lot of time there. I do have to laugh when people live or spend time in one of the most dangerous places on the planet and from there knock another place which is far safer.

Thailand is damned dangerous, and I make certain I don't participate in or cause trouble. We haven't even discussed the propensity of Thai males to gang up on someone and give a possibly fatal beat down.

• Like 2

Thailand is all about saving face. Image is the most important thing in thai culture. She made him look bad and his culture demanded revenge. Not unlike in India where a man will kill his wife for asking for a divorce or a Muslim father will kill a daughter if she marries a Christian or embarrasses the family.

I do not think it is about saving face. It's just pure jealousy. How can time in prison be 'saving face' ...

It's not about "culture". But a madman who can't control his feelings.

This exist in all countries.

I completely agree. I think crime is a lot worse in other countries like America and Africa. It is a madman's doing and nothing to with it being Thailand

gm.jpg

Oh my. FACTS! Now THAT'S stirring the pot! The this-happens-everywhere crowd definitely isn't going to like that... Nope, not one bit.

• Like 2

Ah Thailand the land of smiles ( even if they do it while shooting you)

So, you mean that this only happens in Thailand and never anywhere else?

Obviously the guy still had strong feelings for his girlfriend and couldn`t accept that she had decided to move on with her life, plans that did not include him.

We do not know all the ins and outs of this story, except that human emotions can sometimes over power all self control and logic, which can conclude with dire consequences and has happened in this case.

Well, you can try to stop the Thai bashing, but you can't duck the clear fact that the roads are among the most dangerous in the world, and that the gun murder rate is among the highest in the world. If that's Thai bashing to you, I'm sorry. Just stating the facts here.

I don't live in Thailand but I spend a lot of time there. I do have to laugh when people live or spend time in one of the most dangerous places on the planet and from there knock another place which is far safer.

Thailand is damned dangerous, and I make certain I don't participate in or cause trouble. We haven't even discussed the propensity of Thai males to gang up on someone and give a possibly fatal beat down.

I read someone comparing Thais to monkeys. That is racist. Facts and figures are not bashing.

Yeah its as if the drivers were blind folded. I stopped cycling cause I dont want to get run over.

yes I have met many Thai guys who always carry a gun. Even if you arent lookin for trouble it comes lookin for you. Every place had its positives and negatives.

bullshit ,my daughter married hindu ,his sister, hindu married muslim ,my friend jew , married a muslim ,i married thai ,

Thailand is all about saving face. Image is the most important thing in thai culture. She made him look bad and his culture demanded revenge. Not unlike in India where a man will kill his wife for asking for a divorce or a Muslim father will kill a daughter if she marries a Christian or embarrasses the family.

Is it really that face-saving thing again? For the life of me I cannot understand how what this man did and how he did it will save/restore his face with his fellow Thais.

I think most Thais will be just as appalled by this as us foreigners.

If it is a cultural thing, where is it taught? How and where do Thais pick this up? Cannot be just Thai TV soaps.

I think this guy is just a scum lowlife, and not a bright one at that.

You don't get lessons in it. It is considered yet another face saving thing because in his own words he said he did it because 'he felt insulted by the sight'. AKA I felt like I lost face.... This is the same knee-jerk excuse used for almost every unexplainable act of violence in Thailand. It is very much linked to this backward face crap.

It's almost like it is a universal excuse for being inhuman.

It's not about "culture". But a madman who can't control his feelings.

This exist in all countries.

Emotionally retarded people might be in all countries but NOT to the extent they have them here, on every street corner! This cultural sickness of having to save face by attacking, getting revenge or even murdering another human being over almost nothing is probably the very worst aspect of Thai culture.

• Like 2

Notice the headline says "Man kills Thai...." but other article same days reads "Finnish tourists...." or Australian, or Indian, or German..... you get the idea. Is there some editing bias against identifying as Thai when Thais commit crimes? I think so.

You serious?

From a local paper in Scotland, 'Man sought in city club assault' (he was a local chap) and further down the page, 'Dutch man arrested after drug haul on yacht.'

Yup the Scottish free press is really sticking it to them cloggies eh?

• Like 1

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ... (NIV)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ... (NIV)

Your joking of course. coffee1.gif

Thai culture is interdependent; unlike western culture where one's authentic self is internal, personality based and concerned with meeting private needs. The Thai self is focused on the external and restraint of one's private internal preferences. Duty to the group and engagement in proper role expectations is the emphasis of the socializing process. Since group conformity is seen as the preferred way of life in Thai culture, freedom to choose to follow one's own path of desire is repressed and substituted with a collective path in which the distinction between group and individual is blurred. In collective cultures members are judged based on group affiliation as opposed to individual characteristics since the indivdual is a product of the group. When a member of one's immediate group is dishonored, all are dishonored.

With the above distinctions in mind, I believe the man thougt it was his duty to kill the girl for violating the harmony of his immediate group membership and dishonoring his family and self. In his view, and to most Thais who believe in eastern dialectics, the girl would have been partly responsible for the disruption in harmony and therefore violated group norms with her individualistic and culturally perceived selfish behavior. If my thinking is correct, the cultural conditioning of this man's beliefs most certainly contributed to this woman's death.

It has been said that the values of a culture reflect what the culture considers to be good. Two thirds of the world believe collective harmony is preferred to personal agency. Unfortunately without the individual ego to limit behavior tragedies like this can occur.

sad story , i think a common trait for thais is not being able to keep their infantile temper " in check" , when then green eyed monster of jelousy rears it's ugly head . RIP

Yeah, it is totally typical Thai, those Thais are very strange creatures indeed. Frustration, jealousy, murder, pride is a typical Thai thing. It almost does not exists in other countries.

Below is some examples of typical Americans. They are very violent in general, and have trouble dealing with

emotions, it is in their culture. Just look at these two examples:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/us/shooting-reported-at-washington-navy-yard.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

PLease also note a huge difference between Thais and Americans.

While Thais seems to always target one person that actually has something to do with the crime, see example above, the women who got killed, was the murderers ex girlfriend. Americans usually never target just one person, in American culture, it seems, from the example above, that often seemingly random people will be killed. That is, American murderers usually kills more randomly.

Edited by ayayay

Your joking of course. Posted Image

not for me :)