noise unlicensed karaoke shack

jonesthebaker

Hi all,

I live in east pattaya. A few days ago just outside the village some Thai people erected a makeshitf hut type construction - very simple just wooden poles a tin roof and a few platic sofas. They play loud music untill 2 in the morning. Im sure it couldnt have any sort of licence - assuming there is such a thing. When i say the construction is basic - i mean very very basic in that it could have been bult for less than 10 thousand baht.

So what to do. any advice would be greatly appreciated. i know the easy answer would be to sell up and move - but thats easier said than done.

Thanks in advance :)

I had a similar problem ....same, same but different..... I owned a beach property that was the spot for all the locals to get together. Around 9pm they would arrive with their UMP-Pa UMP-Pa BOOM BOOM music from their cars and trucks .....sometimes having a competition to see whose was the loudest. Went on til 3-4 in the morning.

So after a week of living at my new house on the beach I realized this was a daily event .....asked my wife to call the police...she refused at first (she doesn't like the police ....thinks their all crooks ....not sure where she got that idea ..Ha Ha ...)...Eventually it got to the point I wanted to buy a gun and shoot someone ...so she relented and called the police .....who came out and spoke to the locals....Music stopped...Police left ...Music started again...Called the police ...Can't get them and on it went.....

Finally realizing that the police couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything ...I embarked on retrofitting the house with double glass (12mm) and soundproofing in the ceiling etc .... worked OK (still needed double walls but didn't go that far) .....

Ended up selling ...made some money ....Got lucky....Easy to buy Not so easy to sell!

They have a saying in Thailand ........goes something like......When there is a problem, its their problem until you say something, And if you do say something THEN it IS YOUR problem....

Probably why the Thai's have the "stick you head in the sand" mentality ....and ignore it

OP: At a minimum you will need two Thais to support your complaint. If you can arrange this go to your Amphur (Nong Prue?) and make a formal complaint, they have a licensing section (opposite the main building entrance). There been similar occurences in my area of East Pattaya - off Soi Nernplubwan & have been closed down within a few days.

Best of luck...

• Like 2

Same think happened to me and my mrs and I tried everything to stop the music .... I finally moved on as that and many other things were driving me crazy. Best advice ever : never buy in Thailand !

One idea you could try is taking a load of human shit and dropping it near by so the smell is too much to bear. The rain will wash the smell away after a while but maybe by that time they have packed up and left.

You got to make them want to leave.

• Like 1

OP: At a minimum you will need two Thais to support your complaint. If you can arrange this go to your Amphur (Nong Prue?) and make a formal complaint, they have a licensing section (opposite the main building entrance). There been similar occurences in my area of East Pattaya - off Soi Nernplubwan & have been closed down within a few days.

Best of luck...

Best of luck...

thanks smile.png is the amphur (nong prue) next to Wat Sutawat ?

Yes, please post the outcome. Take a Thai speaker as many do not speak English

8emu7uja.jpg

+

e3e5e7e7.jpg

=

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Butyric acid did the trick in my case. Had a bottle of this smelly stuff left there until someone threw it over. The headache studio moved away a few metres when, unlucky as they are, the same smell happened again. The missus then suggested some conspiracy or possibly voodoo magic involved.

Works wonders!

• Like 1

Get yourself some butyric acid and during day liberally pour it on the ground all around the area.. keep doing this for a week.. make sure on the ground... it stinks of vomit and I mean stinks more than vomit and they will not easily be able to get rid of it and no doubt move on. Its the same stuff the Sea Sheperd uses to throw on flensing decks of the Japanese whalers.... it is revolting......

Get yourself some butyric acid and during day liberally pour it on the ground all around the area.. keep doing this for a week.. make sure on the ground... it stinks of vomit and I mean stinks more than vomit and they will not easily be able to get rid of it and no doubt move on. Its the same stuff the Sea Sheperd uses to throw on flensing decks of the Japanese whalers.... it is revolting......

Ha just read same suggestion on post before mine.. might pay me to read the whole thread first.....

rgds

Mate of mine got ripped off be landlord.. after he shifted out and inspection done but rental deposit withheld for no reason, person or persons unknown ( ha) managed to access the condo and liberally daubed the carpets and sofas with butyric acid... Landlord was Indian.. he tried for 2 months to rent the place but the smell was so bad.. eventually had to refurbish and then that didnt do it so had to repaint walls.... my friend sent him a letter after all of this with simple expression " payback is a bitch isnt it".

Butryic acid is a nice way to get rid of certain problems.....

• Like 2

Lately there has been some police activity to shut down venues serving alcohol to minors-We had two such noisy places near to us and I did go the the police with this issue in mind and lo and behold they shut down both of them.Might be worth a try in your case.

Ha just read same suggestion on post before mine.. might pay me to read the whole thread first.....

rgds

Mate of mine got ripped off be landlord.. after he shifted out and inspection done but rental deposit withheld for no reason, person or persons unknown ( ha) managed to access the condo and liberally daubed the carpets and sofas with butyric acid... Landlord was Indian.. he tried for 2 months to rent the place but the smell was so bad.. eventually had to refurbish and then that didnt do it so had to repaint walls.... my friend sent him a letter after all of this with simple expression " payback is a bitch isnt it".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18K1wQv59h8

• Like 2

I `m sorry to say that there are no easy solutions to a noisy business or neighbor problems in Thailand.

You only have 4 options and none of them are good:

Appeal to the karaoke owner to keep the noise down.

Ask the head man of the village to help.

Report the noise to the police.

Gather some neighbors together for support, then either make a joint complaint to the owner, the head man of the village or the police.

From experience, the odds are that the karaoke owner won`t take any notice of your request. The head man of the village will promise to investigate, but nothing will be done. The neighbors will say it doesn`t bother them, or will agree with you but will not be willing to support you. The police may make a written report, if you`re lucky, but will not act on it.

Some years ago my wife and I home in Bangkok was turned into hell when a neighbor decided to rent out his property to all and sundry, different tenants moving in about every couple of months. There were frequent parties, domestic disputes, loud music, drunks, vicious dogs on the loose, you name it, it was there, true neighbors from hell. In the end after trying all the mentioned above I waved the white flag and we moved out, losing thousands of bahts off the price of the property and all that we had put into it.

Contrary to your sad and unpleasant experience, a Thai Lady opened a restaurant about 100 meters from our rental houses, playing live, loud music with loads of base. A visit to her did not resolve the situation, however a visit by my Thai Wife and her Sister to the Village Headman had an instant result and it stopped. Mind you the fact that there are a couple of 5* hotels across the road might have also helped?

I `m sorry to say that there are no easy solutions to a noisy business or neighbor problems in Thailand.

You only have 4 options and none of them are good:

Appeal to the karaoke owner to keep the noise down.

Ask the head man of the village to help.

Report the noise to the police.

Gather some neighbors together for support, then either make a joint complaint to the owner, the head man of the village or the police.

From experience, the odds are that the karaoke owner won`t take any notice of your request. The head man of the village will promise to investigate, but nothing will be done. The neighbors will say it doesn`t bother them, or will agree with you but will not be willing to support you. The police may make a written report, if you`re lucky, but will not act on it.

Some years ago my wife and I home in Bangkok was turned into hell when a neighbor decided to rent out his property to all and sundry, different tenants moving in about every couple of months. There were frequent parties, domestic disputes, loud music, drunks, vicious dogs on the loose, you name it, it was there, true neighbors from hell. In the end after trying all the mentioned above I waved the white flag and we moved out, losing thousands of bahts off the price of the property and all that we had put into it.

Contrary to your sad and unpleasant experience, a Thai Lady opened a restaurant about 100 meters from our rental houses, playing live, loud music with loads of base. A visit to her did not resolve the situation, however a visit by my Thai Wife and her Sister to the Village Headman had an instant result and it stopped. Mind you the fact that there are a couple of 5* hotels across the road might have also helped?

Typical LOS. Everything gets done because of who you know and not because of consideration, or the law.

rgds

Only one person has made me want to use Butryic, and I would have done if I knew about it three weeks ago. No use now, the guy died. He was a Farang.