noise unlicensed karaoke shack

jonesthebaker

I've had 20 yrs experience with these wonderful "space clearing" toys.

attachicon.gifClaymore2.jpg

I'm a bad man for laughing,but I'm just picturing the scene of the noise reaching it's crescendo at 5am as a slightly insane looking Farang looks out of a window with a "clacker" in his hand,clack,clack,clack...BOOOOOM!...ploblem? what ploblem? cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I had a similar problem ....same, same but different..... I owned a beach property that was the spot for all the locals to get together. Around 9pm they would arrive with their UMP-Pa UMP-Pa BOOM BOOM music from their cars and trucks .....sometimes having a competition to see whose was the loudest. Went on til 3-4 in the morning.

So after a week of living at my new house on the beach I realized this was a daily event .....asked my wife to call the police...she refused at first (she doesn't like the police ....thinks their all crooks ....not sure where she got that idea ..Ha Ha ...)...Eventually it got to the point I wanted to buy a gun and shoot someone ...so she relented and called the police .....who came out and spoke to the locals....Music stopped...Police left ...Music started again...Called the police ...Can't get them and on it went.....

Finally realizing that the police couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything ...I embarked on retrofitting the house with double glass (12mm) and soundproofing in the ceiling etc .... worked OK (still needed double walls but didn't go that far) .....

Ended up selling ...made some money ....Got lucky....Easy to buy Not so easy to sell!

They have a saying in Thailand ........goes something like......When there is a problem, its their problem until you say something, And if you do say something THEN it IS YOUR problem....

Probably why the Thai's have the "stick you head in the sand" mentality ....and ignore it

the main reason for me renting is

1. what you have experienced

2. building next door ie pile driving, cement deliveries after midnight, whistles and strong lights so they can work at all hours

3. quiet nice place then new neighbours move in and party all night

4. renovations when new neighbours move in and decide to break down walls

etc

5. getting on committees to protect your properties - big mistake

rent rent rent - when its all to much move on

I had to move from a condo(renting), a guy full of drug was playing very loud music with his car speaker to a point you felt the bass inside your chest . A neighbor got problem with his heart needed to leave ASAP.

So many complaints to police, police raided his house for yaba and locked him for 3 months. Now he is back but he calmed down now.

After this, recycling company (mom and pop size) got their new installation just 100 feet away from the condo.

So all day long you got trucks coming in and out and odor of burning rubber or metal cutting.... And new mountains of debris which make the landscape area very nice.

I can tell you the owner of our condo place lost a big chunk of money. His place worth shit now. For sale but nobody want buy. At the end, I left the place...

In Thailand they have no concept of zone. You never know what will be built next your house or building.

When I figure it out, I decided to never buy anything in Thailand....

Another problem:

Look at these new 1000 condo project near jomptien beach, streets are already full of water that pipes can not drain , and plenty of lacs around which are full. Now replace lacs with building construction all over the place and you can imagine the problems coming.

Thailand is a wet country and people build building like in Europe. It s not going to work. It s going to be a big fiasco....

Edited by Cheapcharly

Love the butyric acid idea: seemingly passive aggressive (active can get you killed!). Is this stuff readily available? There may be a run on it.....

I think is good idea but needs to be done quietly when no one is around or looking and don't tell anyone as they might really get pissed.

Hahaha.....

I've had 20 yrs experience with these wonderful "space clearing" toys.

attachicon.gifClaymore2.jpg

I'm a bad man for laughing,but I'm just picturing the scene of the noise reaching it's crescendo at 5am as a slightly insane looking Farang looks out of a window with a "clacker" in his hand,clack,clack,clack...BOOOOOM!...ploblem? what ploblem? cheesy.gif

@ J1V & QTN1...

One of these in the "parking lot would be a hoot!...

post-146250-0-68496800-1381588211_thumb.

Even comes with hand painted cartoon too...

• Like 1

Another reason to RENT and not BUY...

You always get this advice from people who can't afford to buy a place. Then smugly wait for someone to have a problem and claim it is the very reason they don't buy, and won't admit its cos they don't have the money to buy anyway.

attachicon.gif80837904.jpg

Even comes with hand painted cartoon too...

I've just developed a theory on why kids pick up landmines.

I know...the pic is kinda sick but was intended as a pun on the topic.

In Afghanistan when the Russians left there were millions of bright

greenish-yellow "butterfly" mines all over the country. These were

dropped by air or artillery and kinda resembled a butterfly on the

ground with it's wings spread. Kids picked em up by the score and

were killed or had traumatic amputations of hands or arms. Terrible

things these were. And...they're still encountered to this day albeit

in very small numbers.

Another reason to RENT and not BUY...

You always get this advice from people who can't afford to buy a place. Then smugly wait for someone to have a problem and claim it is the very reason they don't buy, and won't admit its cos they don't have the money to buy anyway.

YOU make the assumption that I cannot afford to buy... Very wrong assumption, mate!

Personally I do NOT want to own a house, because I do not want to get stuck in the wrong place and are unable to move out, because I live alone and do not buy a house for my tilac, because I rather spend the money on other things.

And if you really think I am smugly waiting to comment on people who buy houses... As if I have nothing better to do than giving stupid comments on TV...

Have a nice life, mate.

• Like 1

OP: At a minimum you will need two Thais to support your complaint. If you can arrange this go to your Amphur (Nong Prue?) and make a formal complaint, they have a licensing section (opposite the main building entrance). There been similar occurences in my area of East Pattaya - off Soi Nernplubwan & have been closed down within a few days.

Best of luck...

thanks smile.png is the amphur (nong prue) next to Wat Sutawat ?

Their numbers are:

038-734 934

038-249 820

038-933 179

038-933 196

and yes, if the license issue does the trick; fine, otherwise see my other input on good riddance!