Several Russian tourists injured in bus crash in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"An emergency plane is ready to take off for Thailand to evacuate the Russian tourists for subsequent medical treatment in Russia," she said.

I asked a pregnant Russian acquaintance if she was going back to Russia for the birth. "No," she replied, "medical care is better here than in Russia."

Would be interesting to see how many "injured" Russians go back for Russian medical care; sounds more like a p.r. stunt by Putin.

Do the Russian helpers flying in have work permits?

During the tsunami many farang were arrested for providing aid to injured.

WHAT A COUNTRY!

I pray Putin puts a TRAVEL ADVISORY to all his people that Thailand has ZERO concern for anyone but Thais.

Safety is not spoken here.

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Do the Russian helpers flying in have work permits? During the tsunami many farang were arrested for providing aid to injured. WHAT A COUNTRY! I pray Putin puts a TRAVEL ADVISORY to all his people that Thailand has ZERO concern for anyone but Thais. Safety is not spoken here.

Don't know about work permits - but he's got a frigging big navy, air force and army if anyone wants to play silly buggers with him!

I'm sure KY and her regime would not be that dumb,

• Like 1

I'd much rather be treated in a Thai hospital than in a Russian one.

Have you visited hospitals in both countries ? Are you comparing expensive private Thai hospitals or government ones with their Russian equivalents, or just generalizing based on your extensive research of all categories ?

Or are you commentating based on rumour and conjecture ?

• Like 2

Best wishes to the injured in this rare incident.

Indeed. Only 29,000 dead in road accidents per year

Please provide a link to the barstool, who gave you those numbers!!Posted Image

The actual figure of 26000 was released by a Thai Interior minister at a joint conference with the WHO in the runup to the last Songkran carnage and was covered by both BP and The Nation.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please provide a link to the barstool, who gave you those numbers!!coffee1.gif

Up to 26,000 people are killed in road accidents every year in Thailand, which puts the country in the 6th spot in terms of road casualties. Of those killed, up to 70 or 80 per cent are motorcyclists or their passengers.
These statistics were released at a press conference on the 3rd march 2013 by Vice Interior Minister Silapachai Jarukasemratana .

dam_n! another bus accident?? you know what, I remember, the last time I went to Kanchanaburi, the bus that I rode from Erawan to Kanchanaburi scared the hell out of me. It was an old, non-airconditioned bus. I was sitting beside the foldable door near the window. On our way back, the foldable door suddenly got loose from its screws and fell, almost hitting the other tourist behind me. He was able to catch the door, otherwise, it fell off from the bus. Scared me because I would've fallen off the bus too had I not seen the door give way.

Edited by aryehgizbar

I'd much rather be treated in a Thai hospital than in a Russian one.

Have you visited hospitals in both countries ? Are you comparing expensive private Thai hospitals or government ones with their Russian equivalents, or just generalizing based on your extensive research of all categories ?

Or are you commentating based on rumour and conjecture ?

I think it is cool that Russia will help its own but I have to agree that perhaps best to get medical care in Thailand. Worked in Russia for a few months. One guy got sick and went to hospital and it was terrible ..... This was in Moscow . He was the happiest guy I ever saw when he got out... Worse than he went in but happy to get out... They would not release him no matter how hard he tried and complained .

Imagine if this were an accident involving British tourists. The British Embassy officials wouldn't put down their glass of Cognac and their cigar as they read it, and would carry on to the next article. Such is their reputation for helpfulness and concern. If anything, they would charge each injured person for helping them.

unless they were from a certain section of the population. then they would airlift them 5 star to a major hospital for immeadiate treatment........and make the other idiot taxpayers foot the bill.

No one was seriously injured in bus crash with Russian tourists onboard in Thailand - tour operator head

No one seriously injured except for the woman that died and the 5 people in a coma out of 6 that are in critical condition.

Source: Voice of Russia http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_10_11/Five-in-coma-after-bus-with-Russian-tourists-overturns-in-Thailand-Consulate-Department-4438/

Who is the liar in this story?

• Like 1

Pegas again smile.png No wonder the way they "run" that company.

Exactly, it's amazing how this bus company appears very often in the accidents (serious) involving tourist buses. I have never seen any clarification by the police how this can go on.

Please provide a link to the barstool, who gave you those numbers!!coffee1.gif

I was reading only last month that the road toll is actually 34,000. 2nd highest road toll per capita in the world. To those sceptics who refuse to believe Thailand is as bad as it is, wake up.

By rare do you mean the first time that specific bus with that specific driver and those specific passengers crashed at that specific location at that specific time?

Just for you...............post-9891-0-89104400-1381497974_thumb.jp

Imagine if this were an accident involving British tourists. The British Embassy officials wouldn't put down their glass of Cognac and their cigar as they read it, and would carry on to the next article. Such is their reputation for helpfulness and concern. If anything, they would charge each injured person for helping them.

Really ???.... Or is the Embassy really in place for the interests of the British Economy and business ?... think carefully before answering.

But, if an accident were to happen and a number of British Tourists injured are the Thai hospitals not well enough equipped ? OR, IF the British Government put on a plane to Medivac the tourists, wouldn't those British Expats with such a high sense of entitlement expect the same when they fall of their honda wave ?

Really - The only responsibility any foreign government has is to warn its citizens to be careful of various risks including the safety of public transport in Thailand.

On the other hand, It is the responsibility Thai government to ensure the safety of its visitors - We complain that not enough is being done and agreeably so, but to turn this into a criticism of our own Embassy is just daft... I wonder who's GF was rejected a Visa !...

On Topic:

There are way way too many mini-van and bus accidents in Thailand....

I for one advise anyone I know visiting Thailand not to use Mini-Vans and public busses. Those who still choose to, I advise them that if the driver is erratic or appears dangerous in anyway that they should get off the bus at a convenient point and re-arrange transport (not always an option, but it could make the difference).

State Railway is no much of an option either is it, makes BR look like a RR.