Hospital Warns Of 'Drugging & Robbing' Gang

Lite Beer

Hospital Warns Of 'Drugging & Robbing' Gang

13814919461381491969l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Director of Ramathibodi Hospital in Bangkok has warned of criminals drugging victims with high dose of anaesthetic and robbing them inside the hospital.

The director, Surasak Leela-Udomlipi, M.D., identified the drug as a substance called ‘Xylazine’, which has no colour and nor smell.

In the letter circulated to different departments of the hospital, which is situated in central Bangkok, Mr. Surasak told the staff to be vigilant of criminals mixing the substance with water and tricking unsuspecting victims whom they had befriended to drink it.

After the victims lost their consciousness, the robbers would reportedly remove valuable belongings and slip away.

In the letter, Mr. Surasak expressed his "sincere worry", and urged a timely response to the incidents. Every worker was told to tighten the hospital’s safety policy, inform their patients of the dangers, and closely monitor the environment.

Relatives of the residing patients are also warned about the incident, and warning signs were posted at various spots inside the hospital.

The hospital director said he had contacted the Food and Drug Administration and required details about the substance. The two institutions are planned to collaborate in making long-term procedures to prevent further abuse in the future.

According to initial report from Phayathai police, the suspect may have been a well-dressed man who works closely with his gang to locate and rob the victims.

However, further information is yet to be revealed as the police are scheduled to talk to a victim of the crimes on 16 October.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1UUTVNVGswTmc9PQ==&sectionid=TURVd01BPT0=

--KHAOSOD English 2013-10-11

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after get robbed by the doctor and the hospital itself with the huge bills. The small money left in your pocket will be taken also.

wonder if they will also rob you of your organs.... whistling.gif

dont put ideas in their head bender not that you need to

organs have been stolen in india before and sold

CRIME
Patients robbed after thieves spike water with animal sedative

Pongphon Sarnsamak
The Nation

30216920-01_big.gif
A notice posted inside Ramathibodi Hospital yesterday warn patients about criminals using a sedation drug and robbing them.

BANGKOK: -- "Watch out!" the Public Health Ministry is warning all hospital users nationwide, after the recent sedation of a number of patients at major Bangkok hospitals when they unwittingly ingested a dangerous drug.

Hospitals around the country have been urged to tighten security measures to prevent a gang of thieves suspected of having stolen patients' belongings - as well as the property of visiting relatives - after offering them "doctored" water that renders them unconscious.

The warning comes after the Medical Services Department (MSD) received a report from Ramathibodi Hospital that members of a gang had lured patients and their relatives in the outpatients' ward into drinking water that they were offering "as a gesture of hospitality".

However, the water had been mixed with the colourless and odourless sedative and muscle relaxant Xylazine and, after the victims fell unconscious from drinking the toxic liquid, the robbers stole their property.

The MSD said that use of the drug - generally administered by veterinarians for sedating and anaesthetising animals - could place a patient or other human user at risk of death.

Phayathai police investigator Pol Lt-Colonel Banyong Dammankong yesterday said that since the beginning of the month, at least three people had reported being robbed in this way at three hospitals: Ramathibodi, Priest and Rajavithi. After investigating a suspected perpetrator who appeared on closed-circuit television at Ramathibodi Hospital, he has issued an arrest warrant for a 30-year-old man for theft of a patient's property using such a method.

"This suspect had been pretending to offer hospitality and friendship to patients and their relatives, after which he would ask them to drink the mixed water to make them unconscious, before steal belongings such as mobile phones," Banyong said.

The investigator said he had also sent a team of police to search for other gangs that might use the same method to rob people at other hospitals.

Meanwhile, MSD director-general Suphan Srithamma said he had instructed medical workers at state hospitals across the country to keep a close watch in outpatient wards for strangers who might be members of such a gang. "Patients who are not able to take care of themselves would be at [particular] risk of theft by these gangs," he said.

Xylazine is a drug used for sedation, anaesthesia, muscle relaxation and analgesia in animals such as horses, cattle and other non-human mammals.

According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it is registered and classified as a dangerous medicine. People are allowed to buy the drug without a doctor's prescription, as it is intended for non-human use.

Generally, veterinarians inject Xylazine into an animal's blood vessel. About five minutes after receiving the drug, the injected animal will become sedated and anaesthetised.

It will be under the influence of this drug for about 20 minutes, during which surgery can be performed.

Meanwhile, in humans, anyone taking the drug would become sleepy and develop a change in blood pressure. Affected people would breathe slowly and have high a level of sugar in their blood, as well as a very dry mouth.

To alleviate the toxin in the drug, anyone who ingests Xylazine is advised to see a doctor immediately and to take Yohimbine, which is used to increase peripheral blood flow.

Meanwhile, Ramathibodi Hospital has issued an announcement to warn patients and their relatives that there is a gang at large pretending to be medical staff, but intent of stealing their valuables.

They are urged not to receive food or water from any strangers, and not to leave their food and drink unattended.

In a development reported late yesterday, a Ramathibod Hospital official said the latest drugging incident had been reported during the morning.

"The victim is a hospital official," she said. The incident took place in Building 1, but the victim did not lose any belongings, she said, without elaboration.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-12

So after get robbed by the doctor and the hospital itself with the huge bills. The small money left in your pocket will be taken also.

An upscale Thai said that these rescue pickups have been known, when a person dies enroute to a hospital, to harvest body parts and in some cases even expedite the person's fatality in order to harvest their organs.

• Like 1

According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it is registered and classified as a dangerous medicine. People are allowed to buy the drug without a doctor's prescription, as it is intended for non-human use.

Any comment would be superfluous.

• Like 1

Something very strange here. Hospital did not add additional security guards immediately. Check

staff; must have picture I. D. No picture I. D. you go home and get it. Sounds like someone on the

inside who knows pts. with money and valuables and what room they are assigned. Hospital should

have security at each entrance.

• Like 2

Who is going to take a drink from a stranger?

My thinking is it's an inside job

It does seem a bit implausible that it is an outside group... how many times can one of these people get away with visiting the same hospital and doing this before they are noticed as someone who comes and visits different people - who then lose their belongings?

Actually,unfortunately it's a huge business in Thailand already Salavan,

controlled by the Chinese Thai's who run the country,its such big business in China already that there has even been a derogatary name coined for the desperate young men who have scars from selling one Kidney(I forget it,but its easy to google),

eyes are the number one seller,either from the recently dead,or...well work it out for yourself,and this gruesome trade has been imported to Thailand with the usual consequences.(I.E. the small minority of Thai people with absolutely no conscience or moral compass have taken it to extremes,kidnapping,drugging,and taking the organs of victims to perform organ swaps with the prerdominately Farang or Wealthy Chinese customers who are literally "killing to live"(although some don't know,or choose to ignore where the organs come from)(by the way,this massive increase in organ

theft has only become possible with the invention of the newer anti-tissue rejection and immunosuppresive drugs(particualrly Cyclosporine in Thailand and China)

Anyway,back to the issue at hand.

I'm not usually either a hater or a "rose tinted glasses" wearer when it comes to Thailand,

I try my level best to come down in the middle of these issues,

but when they're robbing people in hospital's...I guess that's a step too far for me.

I would LITERALLY torture someone to death for doing that to any of my family,call me wrong,tell me two wrongs don't make a right etc,but SOMEONE has to teach a very graphic lesson to Thai people(again,as I said,only the small soulless,demonic minority) that enough is enough,what with the brutal murders for pocket change,and now this new low,there needs to be a backlash.

Edited by QualityTouristNumberOne

wow, this sounds worst than India. This is seriously devilish, inhuman act and someone must catch and give them severe punishment to set an example for such horrendous crime. Just like punishments in middle east.

Edited by sunnyk

Unless I am seriously mistaken and ilierat, where in this article does it say that anything happened?

Yes, you're mistaken. Congratulations. Go back & read the article again. It refers to an "incident" and a "suspect", and the fact that the incident is under investigation.

OK all you "it-happens-everywhere" crowd. Give us a list of other places on the planet where THIS is happening...

Yes, another new low for Thailand. What's next, holding up ambulances to rob the accident victims? Incredibly deaf to it so far, but sooner or later Thailand is simply going to have to get the message about crime & punishment.

• Like 1

Not any safe place in Thailand. Thats why the Russian government send a plane to bring their people home to safe hospitals.

Okay, so How many planes and how often has the Russian Government been involved in this activity?

Are you trying to tell us that Vlad of KGB Fame is sending, maybe even Piloting a Rescue Plane to Thailand every time some drunken russian bum stubs his big toe?

Perhaps your russian comrades will also pick up any girl singers who laugh at Vlad SPEWTIN and toss them in jail for Red Re-education?

Ok my mistake - 3 - still not exactly what I would call a 'crime wave' - as I said in my earlier post this story is full of contradiction - it mentions that gangs are behind this and then it mentions CCTV of a lone suspect who it would appear has been identified otherwise an arrest warrant could not be issued. It also says that there has been 3 incidents reported - it does not say whether these reports were substantiated ? Lastly the news story calls the theft 'a robbery' - I always though a 'robbery' involved some degree of violence ? In which case tese incident are thefts - although robbery does sound more serious for news report.............