What do you have in your truck?

Thanks in no small part to ThaiVisa opinions, thanks for all of the help) my wife and I now own an ISUZU D-Max insead of an Avanza.

So, now some questions:

what do you carry in yours?

We have a jack, jump leads and flash-light (also a red strobe). Is a tow rope sensible? Either if I/we drive very stupidly or to help others out.

How do you keep the little stuff secure in the back? A lock box type thing? A net?

We have something similar to the pic below, but the 4 door version. We have the full 'canopy'.

So, the actual questions here (I'm 7 Chang's in).

What should I have in my truck?

Where can I buy it? (I live near Boat Lagoo, Phuket)

How can I carry it and where can I get the storage solution?

Thanks a lot,

Mike

08092011092237_1.jpg

p.s. every man should own a truck at least once. 6 hours in and I feel like a local hero!!!!

I have a Garmin GPS & tire pressure manometer.

Have ordered a roller shutter for the bed.

Yes standard kit, spare tire, jack and so on.

I think you are over doing it unless you gonna drive it to the great wall of Chinawhistling.gif

I will most likely drive from Pattaya to Changmai and back in December and I am not gonna add more.

Will secure the suitcaes with straps (used on motorbikes) in the bed. PC bag stays inside the truck.

2013 Ranger WT 4 door 2WD 2.2( love it).

Ohh, yes I also have an umbrella, fits perfectly behind the rear seats neck support.

Edited by guzzi850m2

I have:

Garmin

Dash camera

Safety kit (starter cable and lamplight + plastic gloves);

Safety triangle (had to use it in a tragic occurrence)

Electric inverter (to charge faster the phone);

Fluo jacket

Extinguisher (huge version and with powder);

Tire pressure manometer (simple one)

Umbrella;

Rain suit

Stack of coins;

Most of the safety items can be had at a Tesco. As to the inverter, got it from Zeer Rangsit, extinguisher comes from Central, but can be found elsewhere too.

Carry something to break the window's, had a friend that turned his pick up on it's side down a ditch, none of the window's or the door's would open, believe it or not the rescue peeps that arrived wouldn't break them in case they had to PAY for the damage. As luck would have it we were not far away he phoned us from inside the car and we went there and got him out after smashing the window with the rescue peeps wheel spanner. Just think what would have happened if the thing had gone up in flame's. Thai Rescue the pit's.

Carry something to break the window's, had a friend that turned his pick up on it's side down a ditch, none of the window's or the door's would open, believe it or not the rescue peeps that arrived wouldn't break them in case they had to PAY for the damage. As luck would have it we were not far away he phoned us from inside the car and we went there and got him out after smashing the window with the rescue peeps wheel spanner. Just think what would have happened if the thing had gone up in flame's. Thai Rescue the pit's.

+1. Swiss Army emergency knife. Cuts seatbelts and glass too.

Under the back seat in the bins: Jumper leads, emergency tow rope, 12V trouble-light, extension cord, strobe, roll of polyprop rope (always need to tie something down), bag of bungee straps (always need to tie something else down), standard & x-head screwdrivers, adjustable wrench, small metric wrench set, tube of colour-matched 'T-Cut' (scratch recoverer), small tub of Swarfega (hand cleaner).

On the back seat: Small thermal 'cooler' bag for keeping snacks/drinks cool. Matching sized zipper bag with blanket (c/o KLM) for when wife gets cold, couple of packs of mossie-repellent wipes, charger for great big searchlight (see below), spare headlight bulbs (the OEM ones since I upgraded them) and some dusting cloths. Collapsible aluminium walking stick behind the headrests (for my gammy leg and soi dogs). Great big folding sun-visor for front windshield (bought in UK and bloody enormous) beside the seat back..

Under the front passenger seat: Great big searchlight, a couple of rolls or kitchen towels (have a kid see?)

Under the driver seat: Great big inverter, 'crook-lock' brake pedal immobilizer.

In the center console: Cases for GPS and camera (mounted on windshield), bottle opener, tire pressure gauge, small thermos, thermal coffee mug, awesome Taiwanese citrus-scented industrial strength wet-wipes (Makro and Tesco has them), beer bottle cooler, traveling cigar case and flamethrower.

In the glovebox: Owners manual, boxes of tissues (have wife and kid see?), 'Amenities Kit' from SAS Business Class is case I need to freshen up in a hurry or unscheduled overnight stop. Maps. Roll of arse wipe (used to work land seismic see?)

In the little drivers-side 'junkbox': Air fresheners, hand sanitizer, wet-wipes, bag of spare fuses. House keys when I get in.

In the doors: Various plastic bags for rubbish and 'accidents' (have a kid see?), compact brolly, bottles of water, eyeless 'Pooh Bear' plush toy with sucker for hanging from the window (have a dog AND a kid see?).

Hmmmm worked siesmic and did not take a shovel...

Have been waiting to catch up with youbah.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png