'Top police' to get awards

Lite Beer

'Top police' to get awards
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- A total of 16 awards will be conferred on outstanding policemen by Criminal Reporter and the Photographer Association of Thailand in their annual award ceremony to mark National Police Day today.

Among them, Bangkok police chief Pol Lt-Gen Camronwit Toopgrajank won the popular vote from the media, while the best justice award went to lawyer Surachai Trong-ngam, who led the lower Klity Creek lead contamination case in Kanchanaburi.

Other winners were Pathum Thani's Pol Sen Sgt-Maj Pakdee Srikampol, who won the outstanding traffic police award for carrying a sick four-year-old to hospital; Pattani's Pol Major Atthawuth Phetchkaew, who won the best police investigator award for his service in the deep South; and Bangkok's Bang Mod precinct, which received the best "self-sufficiency" police station award.

The award ceremony, which will be presided over by Deputy PM General Pracha Promnog, will take place at the Police Club on October 30.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-13

"A total of 16 awards will be conferred on outstanding policemen by Criminal Reporter and the Photographer Association of Thailand ..."

Outstanding policemen who don't solve crimes makes the Criminal Reporter and the Photographer Association of Thailand's job a lot easier by not having to leave their offices to cover any stories....Other than the their awards ceremonywhistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

My experience with Thai police so far:

1. Pattaya cops pulled me and the msz over when I was taking her to hospital for food poisoning. They sadistically made her wait while the entire group searched through her bag consisting of lipstick, ID card, purse with small notes and change, then laughed as we left.

2. Called Lumpini police to report some idiots throwing bricks into our apartment compound. The dozey copper mumbled 'call tourist police' before going back to sleep.

3. Stepped on a drunken cop's foot in a club and his mate insisted I sit and buy them both a beer before I could move on.

Which one is deserving of an award?

• Like 2

My experience with Thai police so far:

1. Pattaya cops pulled me and the msz over when I was taking her to hospital for food poisoning. They sadistically made her wait while the entire group searched through her bag consisting of lipstick, ID card, purse with small notes and change, then laughed as we left.

2. Called Lumpini police to report some idiots throwing bricks into our apartment compound. The dozey copper mumbled 'call tourist police' before going back to sleep.

3. Stepped on a drunken cop's foot in a club and his mate insisted I sit and buy them both a beer before I could move on.

Which one is deserving of an award?

A good all round impression of they who "Serve & Protect".thumbsup.gif

No doubt the awards are or will be replicas of Saudi Gems that were and possibly still are so beloved by senior politicians and police officials as we have seen so plainly in the past when those nice honest police general wives lined up for the photo sessions at the annual police ball sups and wine sessionswhistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

Confused. The headlines states that these awards will be conferred today, however, article ends with the notation that they will be given out on the 30,th Oct. Why do they need two separate junkets for this dubious recognition.?

Confused. The headlines states that these awards will be conferred today, however, article ends with the notation that they will be given out on the 30,th Oct. Why do they need two separate junkets for this dubious recognition.?

The headline doesn't say anything about the date that the awards will be given.

But it is very simple to understand; the report states that the awards will be given on 30th October to mark National Police Day, which is today.

What the hell is a "self-sufficient" police station?

Solar power? Roof top vegetable garden?

Their very own electric chair?

I noticed that, and assumed it was probably the station that collects the largest amount of tea money.

did anyone notice there are no awards for honesty and professionalism but then there wouldnt be any candidateswhistling.gif

Didn't you notice that the third paragraph of the report quite clearly details some of the professionalism involved?

Interestingly, unlike the threads dealing with politics, this thread has not yet attracted a poster with one good thing to say about the Thai Police Farce.

I am convinced that buried within the ranks of thousands of so called crap cops there are several hundred men and women who deserve these awards more than these bemedaled senior guys.

No doubt truckloads of whisky will be consumed at the Police Club to celebrate these heroes.

Interestingly, unlike the threads dealing with politics, this thread has not yet attracted a poster with one good thing to say about the Thai Police Farce.

I am convinced that buried within the ranks of thousands of so called crap cops there are several hundred men and women who deserve these awards more than these bemedaled senior guys.

No doubt truckloads of whisky will be consumed at the Police Club to celebrate these heroes.

I think that's a fair point there are some good cops, but the BIB as a whole is just a large scale organised crime syndicate.

Police are under the microscope worldwide. Rigorous enforcement often gets complaints for being too rigid, harassing the public and being impersonal. Lack of enforcement often results in a torrent of criticism and name calling. There are dedicated, professional police officers in Thailand as well as dishonest, lazy ones.

I would challenge readers to be objective in their comments and base them on personal experience. Second and third hand "expert opinion" are meaningless and raise doubts about the credibility of the poster.

Many people have no idea of the dynamics of law enforcement or the goals of police departments. I don't profess to know all about the RTP, but reserve my comments from actual contact and observation. So far it's been limited to seeing them patrolling, directing traffic and issuing citations.

Just my 2-Bahts worth

...no wonder nothing changes......

...awards and accolades while Rome burns.........insane.....just look at the top news atrocities these past 6 months....and nothing has been done about them...

,,,I still ask...how did they sweep the thousands (?) of abortions performed on Temple Grounds...not too long ago....'under the mat'.....

...therefore....anything that reflects badly on Thais and Thai society.....never happened......

...okay...awards all around.......$$$.....