Phuket officials arrest bar owner behind Rihanna fiasco

webfact

Thai sex show owner arrested after Rihanna visit

BANGKOK, October 14, 2013 (AFP) - Thai authorities said Monday they had arrested the owner of a sex show visited by pop icon Rihanna -- the latest crackdown inadvertently triggered by the singer's tweets.

The bar owner on the island of Phuket has been charged in connection with the lewd performance, local district chief Veera Kerdsirimongkol told AFP.

"It was the result of the visit by Rihanna. The authorities will be more strict towards inappropriate shows or wildlife attractions," he said.

Thai tourist officials were left red-faced after Rihanna's tweets underscored the kingdom's seedier side.

"Either I was phuck wasted lastnight, or I saw a Thai woman pull a live bird,2 turtles,razors,shoot darts and ping pong, all out of her pu$$y," she wrote in a message on September 20 to her more than 32 million followers on Twitter.

Last month two men were arrested for possessing a protected slow loris after Rihanna posted a picture of herself with the primate on a night out in Phuket during her "Diamonds" world tour.

Use of the slow loris and other protected species for tourist snaps -- while common in Thai tourist resorts -- is officially illegal.

According to wildlife protection campaigners, mother lorises are often killed while the young are stolen. The primates' teeth are also removed due to their toxic bite.

Foreign diplomats have urged Thailand to crack down on scams and crimes against tourists in Phuket.

Local tourist police volunteers warn against venturing into strip clubs offering "ping-pong shows" due to the risk of overpriced drinks and threats of violence against people who refuse to pay.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-10-14

In one tweet Rihanna significantly boosted Tourism to Thailand far more significantly than any hairbrained TAT idea, and yet its all treated as BAD news by the Thai media-?? Go figure.

..or perhaps deep down they were actually trying to promote her tweet??

But yet of course they need to stamp out this "blight" on tourism and continue to completely ignore the activities of jet ski scamsters and both illegal and the even more problematic legal taxis, not to mention the #1 scourge: tuk tuks.

• Like 1

Local tourist police volunteers warn against venturing into strip clubs offering "ping-pong shows" due to the risk of overpriced drinks and threats of violence against people who refuse to pay.

Why would they warn about something they cannot find and therefore does not exist.

"Surprise undercover visit". I really wonder how a large group of suits accompanied by the usual entourage of BIB, (in this case Brown Nosers in Brown) be considered as undercover. They might as well had the massed bands of HM Royal Marines marching in front of them !!

***ANY*** Thai male even walking near an a-go-go with nudity sets of all the alarm bells inside the club, as if these guys wouldn't! Of course they wouldn't dare use undercover female officers [ie: "I'm looking for work"] or they might actually catch them in the act.

Oh what a world! Now if Rihanna also start thai bashing, who's next? Elton John, Angela Merkel, Obama...??cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

... i guess the apologist must be completely depressedtongue.png

ps: Rihanna is welcome to join us on ThaiVisa laugh.png

Edited by Bender

"shocking adult show " ?

Welcome in Thailand ...... nothing new . cheesy.gif

Adult shows in Thailand? What adult shows?? I must have missed out on something.

Do you mean those ping pong and dart shows? I thought they were part of cultural heritage. I am a daft. Aren't I?

They should also go to patpong and arrest the owners and the pimps going around calling out for "beer 100 baht only no entrance fee" when you get in you get charged 800 baht per bottle

The police are called to those Patpong bars almost every night...for 25 years.

Show and tell time for the BiB.

1 sacrificial lamb will not be making upstream payments till things cool down...

then back to business as usual.

Thai Theater Of The Absurd at it's finest,

AMEN - ROTFLMAO...

The BIB will not receive their 'Tea Money' from this guy for a while...

I alway marvel at the 'hide in plain sight' attitude of the police - thinking that wearing a windbreaker disguises the fact that they are wearing a police uniform...

The traditional apparel has been colorful windbreaker over brown shirt, with pistol bulge, BIB pants and briefcase - not much of a disguise...

• Like 1

"Surprise undercover visit". I really wonder how a large group of suits accompanied by the usual entourage of BIB, (in this case Brown Nosers in Brown) be considered as undercover. They might as well had the massed bands of HM Royal Marines marching in front of them !!

True........I watched this large group move up and down in Bangla and it was the equivalent of a "travelling circus". There were at least three types of uniforms identifiable, the majority being the usual BIB attire.

How strange that the dozen or so "ping-pong show" touts that I counted a few days earlier were nowhere in sight. Oh, how silly of me, because those along with the resident six slow loris touts have all been cleaned up from the streets of Bangla.......yeah right!!

Tis but a lovely show put on for the simpleminded, or the unknowing tourists, and the sad part about it is that the local powers that be (BIB most certainly included) think that they are fooling people with it.

Photos of this should be taken and hung up alongside the one of the police chief who, about 10 days ago, stated that "the police do not take bribes".

Cloud cuckoo land and an affront to those of us with a few operating brain cells.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. I was at Patong a few days ago. The other night I saw no less that SIX slow loris'. SIX. I lived in Thailand for 11 years and before, I don't think I have ever seen more than one. "Problem solved" Thai style!

Just like the governments promise that there would be no more flooding in Bangkok and the very next day I'm walking through a foot of water to get home.

How strange that the dozen or so "ping-pong show" touts that I counted a few days earlier were nowhere in sight. Oh, how silly of me, because those along with the resident SIX slow loris touts have all been cleaned up from the streets of Bangla..

I guess I got my count right...

• Like 1