Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand accused of aiding protestors

webfact

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand accused of aiding protestors

PNPOL561015001000101.jpg

BANGKOK, 15 October 2013 (NNT) - The Pheu Thai Party has accused the Bangkok Governor, M.R. Sukhumbhand Paribatra, of providing up to 4 electric generators to aid the ongoing protests.

Spokesman for the Pheu Thai Party Prompong Nopparit said in his accusations that the Governor of Bangkok has been aiding the protesters in terms of providing mobile toilets, potable water vehicles, and up to 4 giant electric generators, as well as 3 small ones.

Mr. Prompong further denounced M.R. Sukhumbhand for using the people’s tax money for carrying out the scheme. He criticized that the governor should have been working in cooperation with the government, not against it.

Mr. Prompong also brought to attention whether or not it was acceptable for Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva to claim that Democrat Party members had the right to visit the Urupong protestors.

As commuters, shops, and local residents have been greatly affected by the protest, the Pheu Thai spokesman stated, the Interior Ministry must look into the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)’s action in supporting the tumultuous situation. If the ministry failed to do so, he said he would take legal action against the Ministry regardless of the fact that it is on the government’s side.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-15 footer_n.gif

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PTP always whining about something or another.

And if he is helping the protestors, so what? They're exercising their right to protest and unlike the red idiots, they're neither threatening anyone nor breaking any laws.

"And if he is helping the protestors, so what"

Do you honestly see nothing wrong with the Mayor of Bangkok supporting anti government supporters (basically abusing public funds)? <deleted>.

• Like 1

Nothing at all to do with the fact that M.R. Sukhumbhand the Governor of Bangkok is a Democrat who was cleared of any wrongdoing in his recent re-election as Governor of Bangkok surely?

Spokesman for the Pheu Thai Party Prompong Nopparit said in his accusations that the Governor of Bangkok has been aiding the protesters in terms of providing mobile toilets, potable water vehicles, and up to 4 giant electric generators, as well as 3 small ones.

In any civilised country the authorities provide these amenities so as to minimize the disease factor and preserve the general cleanliness of the areas in question.

As I recall such facilities were in place at the time of the Red Shirt protests, however many of those Red Shirts did not avail themselves of the facilities and left the areas in an appalling state.

The provision of such amenities is called a civic duty.

A fine example of the Goverrnor of Bangkok performing as ''A public Servant'' as opposed to that which we see from the Pheu Thai Party and Prompong Nopparit.

Mr. Prompong also brought to attention whether or not it was acceptable for Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva to claim that Democrat Party members had the right to visit the Urupong protestors.

There were as I recall a lot of visits to the red Shirts by their political allies at that time ''pot kettle black Mr. Prompong Nopparit

As commuters, shops, and local residents have been greatly affected by the protest, the Pheu Thai spokesman stated, the Interior Ministry must look into the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)’s action in supporting the tumultuous situation. If the ministry failed to do so, he said he would take legal action against the Ministry regardless of the fact that it is on the government’s side.

Indeed a fine example of democracy P.T.P. Red Shirt style ,

Change that blue shirt you're wearing for a black shirt, then you'll be wearing the right colour ''!Sieg Heil'' Prompong Nopparit

I don't know where to start with this, I really don't.

Do you honestly see nothing wrong with the Mayor of Bangkok supporting anti government supporters (basically abusing public funds)? <deleted>.

By the same token can you, do you condone the rampant corruption that is being conducted by this government under the orders of their criminally convicted bail jumping renegade puppet master ?

It would help if you learn how to use the quote function to include the user name so that people can answer any posts. It's not hard.

If I could even begin to think of a link between a person elected to a non political post supporting an anti government group by misusing government property (not to mention the professional and ethical minefield he has just entered) and alleged corruption (much alleged, never any evidence shown) of the present government under (ranting removed) then I would discuss it with you.

There isn't and therefore I won't.

It would help if you learn how to use the quote function to include the user name so that people can answer any posts. It's not hard.

Indeed I find the overpowering intellect and superior knowledge you claim to possess most amazing.

'Tis indeed a shame you cannot or will not actually see the truth regarding the current government and its puppet master actions here in Thailand.

i can but only presume that in a previous incarnation you were no doubt one of The Oracles at The Temple of Delphi.

• Like 2

Indeed I find the overpowering intellect and superior knowledge you claim to possess most amazing.

'Tis indeed a shame you cannot or will not actually see the truth regarding the current government and its puppet master actions here in Thailand.

i can but only presume that in a previous incarnation you were no doubt one of The Oracles at The Temple of Delphi.

I don't where that personal attack came from. I just said it's not hard to include the originators name when mentioning their post - you just press one button.....................

In the democracy we know as Thailand, people have the constitutional right to demonstrate. The governor of Bangkok is merely doing his job by seeing that said demonstrators are provided with portable toilets.

Being a responsible governor, even though of the Democrat persuasion, he would provide the same for "Red Shirt" or PTP demonstrators (and did in 2011).

He is not demonstrating political bias but sound management of the city and that area. In other words, he is doing his job.

Mr Prompong Noparrot is merely proving the old saying " it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool"....etc.

He wasn't so amenable in 2009. However, back to the present day, there is a certain point to be made that when one or two major groups of anti government protesters have been persuaded to go back to Lumpini Park that a responsible Mayor of Bangkok would provide the facilities there rather than an area that had been chosen at the last moment precisely because it wasn't in an area covered by the ISA.

ie Do not encourage more potential flashpoints then there already are.

Remember the Peoples Army calling on the students to join them in Lumpini Park?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Students-ready-to-join-Peoples-Army-ralliesThaikor-30212660.html

Well they're here now and it isn't at Lumpini

Students who opposed retreat to Lumpini Park draw further support

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/674638-students-who-opposed-retreat-to-lumpini-park-draw-further-support/#entry6924602

Edited by fab4

In the democracy we know as Thailand, people have the constitutional right to demonstrate. The governor of Bangkok is merely doing his job by seeing that said demonstrators are provided with portable toilets.

Being a responsible governor, even though of the Democrat persuasion, he would provide the same for "Red Shirt" or PTP demonstrators (and did in 2011).

He is not demonstrating political bias but sound management of the city and that area. In other words, he is doing his job.

Mr Prompong Noparrot is merely proving the old saying " it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool"....etc.

He wasn't so amenable in 2009. However, back to the present day, there is a certain point to be made that when one or two major groups of anti government protesters have been persuaded to go back to Lumpini Park that a responsible Mayor of Bangkok would provide the facilities there rather than an area that had been chosen at the last moment precisely because it wasn't in an area covered by the ISA.

ie Do not encourage more potential flashpoints then there already are. Remember the Peoples Army calling on the students to join them in Lumpini Park?

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Students-ready-to-join-Peoples-Army-ralliesThaikor-30212660.html

Would you prefer it at Ratchaprasong?

• Like 1

ie Do not encourage more potential flashpoints then there already are. Remember the Peoples Army calling on the students to join them in Lumpini Park?

Would you prefer it at Ratchaprasong?

Not up to me. It just seems strange to me if you have originally arranged to negotiate a demonstration area like Lumpini why then go and encourage other demonstration sites around the city?

PTP always whining about something or another.

And if he is helping the protestors, so what? They're exercising their right to protest and unlike the red idiots, they're neither threatening anyone nor breaking any laws.

"And if he is helping the protestors, so what"

When the red one, 2010 demonstrated against the elected government it was all about Democracy in the eyes of the PTP.

When now this group demonstrate against the elected government so it must be for Democracy as well. If the Mayor of Bangkok supports that, the PTP, Dr. Weng, Arisaman and all the others must be happy to see that, or?

They are against double standards, right?

• Like 2

By the same token can you, do you condone the rampant corruption that is being conducted by this government under the orders of their criminally convicted bail jumping renegade puppet master ?

Government = Corruption, no matter who's in charge

Unfortunately yes.....and every corrupt Government should be kicked out, so the next one learns that they'll be kicked out as well if they are corrupt. But I know I have to die and be reborn several times before that happens.

It seems as if you are trifle paranoid fab4, any reason for that one asks?

Perhaps you got out of bed on the wrong side today did you or is the duty of protecting the puppet master becoming a bit too taxing for you.

• Like 1

Who TF cares?

Pro- government (RED) protests...DEMS whine about it!

Anti- government protests...PTT whines about it!

A bunch of oversensitive p#ssies, who all should be ashamed of themselves and do something productive!

• Like 1

Who TF cares?

Pro- government (RED) protests...DEMS whine about it!

Anti- government protests...PTT whines about it!

A bunch of oversensitive p#ssies, who all should be ashamed of themselves and do something productive!

Much the same as being married in fact different themes but same old gripes.biggrin.png