Problems with changing profile photo

Mobi

Today I tried to change my profile photo.

I removed the old photo, no problem.

I up loaded a new photograph, which was OK but needed cropping, as the auto crop cut part of the head off.

Using the 'crop editor' in the photo upload window, I tried again and again to crop it to my liking and hit the OK button, but it just defaulted to the previous auto-crop.

I tried a number of times to no avail.

Then i removed the photo and started again. Same problem.

So I decided to crop the photo outside of the editor and then upload a new ready-cropped version of the photo.

But when I tried to upload the new photo, the editor just uploaded the old photo.

So I cleared the cache, I tried a different browser and even disconnected and reconnected the internet. The editor still insisted on uploading the old photo and would not allow me to crop it as I wanted to.

So I tried uploading a completely new photo from a different folder, but it still continued to upload the old photo.

Can't think of what else to do. Help please......

I can't even figure out how to load a new picture. It unloaded my old one OK but Darned if I can figure out how to load a new one. It wants to know what the URL is. I don't even know what one is much less how to find one. I have several pictures in mind and one is an em con.

I think they have been improving the product so it will be harder to use certainly not easier.

Also I noticed that there was a lot of pictures of that I believe it to be a G on it's side I could load that but really not interested in it would rather leave it blank.

I had exactky the same issue, but found that if you leave it for 24 hrs it seems to sort ifself out, delete whats there, upload what you want , save it, then go back and check after minimum 24hrs.

Edited by CharlieH

Well, thanks Mods/admin for all the helpful responses.facepalm.gif

I solved the problem by using the gravatar facility which worked instantly.

There's something wrong with the photo upload and the cropping edit. It doesn't work properly....

• Like 1

The problem is that your ISP is caching content. We can do nothijg about it unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There you go again with the technical terms.

I was able to upload a picture from another site with no problem.

Mario 2008 tried very hard to help me I sent him the site and he had no problem. He sent me back exact instructions which I printed and followed and still no picture.

Still the ant sad.png

strange, in the profile change option I see the new one, but in a post I also still see the ant.

Ant is removed again, I will try again in a couple of days wai.gif

Trying again, what do you guys see ?

Again still the ant ???

Still the ant sad.png

strange, in the profile change option I see the new one, but in a post I also still see the ant.

Again still the ant ???

Still the ant! I almost ruined my screen trying to catch it... facepalm.gif

Still the ant sad.png

Again still the ant ???

Still the ant! I almost ruined my screen trying to catch it... facepalm.gif

5555 sorry for that. I removed it again, but I think from now on I will go without Avatar

• Like 1

The problem is that your ISP is caching content. We can do nothijg about it unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There you go again with the technical terms.

I was able to upload a picture from another site with no problem.

Mario 2008 tried very hard to help me I sent him the site and he had no problem. He sent me back exact instructions which I printed and followed and still no picture.

1018.gifAs you can see I have no problem with it any place except as my avatar.

• 4 weeks later...

I've changed my profile picture all over the internet - from Facebook, to Twitter, To WordPress, to Flickkr to gmail , to G+ and goodness knows where else. The only place I have had any problems in doing this has been on Thai Visa.

There is DEFINITELY something wrong.

It's not us - or our ISP catching content - It's YOU! Thai Visa....and your rubbish programmes...

It's almost as bad as Obama trying to talk his way out of saying: "if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it... period!

yeah yeah...tell that to the 5 million plus...

I've changed my profile picture all over the internet - from Facebook, to Twitter, To WordPress, to Flickkr to gmail , to G+ and goodness knows where else. The only place I have had any problems in doing this has been on Thai Visa.

There is DEFINITELY something wrong.

It's not us - or our ISP catching content - It's YOU! Thai Visa....and your rubbish programmes...

It's almost as bad as Obama trying to talk his way out of saying: "if you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it... period!

yeah yeah...tell that to the 5 million plus...

Hi Mobi,

Your current avatar shows a boy with neck tie. Is that the correct one?

If not, please post the correct one here and I will update it for you.

Hi George ,

It is the correct Avatar, but as I said in post no. 6 above, I managed to change it using the Gravatar facility, not the photo upload facility, which does not work properly.

Even the crop facility doesn't seem to work - every time I tried to crop the photo , it kept coming back as the un-cropped version and in any case it didn't get processed as my new Avatar.

There have been some long standing gremlins in this facility ( I had similar problems years ago) and I think your tech people are just trying to fob you off by saying its something to do with the 'ISP catching content'.

How come no other social media site has this problem?

Anyway, we won't start ww3 over it. Just trying to offer some words of wisdom to the wise...smile.png

I'm OK now, so I'll stay quiet until next time.biggrin.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
MJCM, on 20 Oct 2013 - 09:35, said:

I am trying to change my Profile photo, which one do you guys see now ?

Still the ant or ..... ?

Search

Win thumbsup.gif

• 1 month later...