Yamaha FZ-09 on a scale (pics)

Finally got my Maxton NR4 shock fitted to the bike.

What a difference!!!!!!!!

After setting up the sag via the preload (not touched damping settings yet - were set in the factory, but I may try slightly more rebound), the change it has made is outstanding.

No more bouncy, bouncy along the road. The rear end feels so planted to the road, feel is great, and the ride height is better as the shock can now cope with my 95kg a55.

Trouble is that it is turning me into more of a hooligan and showing up how poor the front is.

Thank you Maxton!!

• 1 month later...

This morning I had the bike in for service at Yamaha and the remapping of the ECU.

After picking it up and riding home, about 10km, my thoughts:-

• Launching from a stand still. Oh, I don;t like this. launching from the lights the power which instantly kicked in has now been tamed. Giving it a flatter feeling to before.
  • Pick up at low revs once on the way after a slow launch. Great improvement in the corners, now able to to drive off the throttle alone without having to slip the clutch.
  • Power delivery once on the move and accelerating hard. Seems to have more of a kick now, this maybe the need to feed in more throttle at the launch to get moving as quick as before. Then the revs rise quite quickly after 4k and off she goes like a good un.
  • Cruising in higher gears but closed to 15% throttle opening. Definite improvement here, nowhere near as much snatch as before, so this is welcome.

The bike doesn't feel to have lost any power but the launch from stand still has suffered, guess I will just have to used it to and open the throttle more.

Done 6k on the bike now. Tyres are now Michelin Pilot power 3 (the OE bridgestone rear got a big gash in it).

All going well and still a bit of a mad bike. Thanks Yamaha!

By the way, saw the new R1 in the showroom today, really small and compact, looks awesome. Going on what I have read in Fast Bikes Mag on the launch test ride, it appears Yamaha have a winner here.

This then inspired me to ride home via the Triumph/Aprilia dealer and started drooling over a V4 Tuono, Srteet Triple R, Speed Triple R, Aprilia RSV4, KTM RC8, wub.png.pagespeed.ce.auE7ON7hrrnlwIA55LNwub.png.pagespeed.ce.auE7ON7hrrnlwIA55LNwub.png.pagespeed.ce.auE7ON7hrrnlwIA55LN

Quite a nice day all in all.

• Like 1