ext based on marriage (on permission to stay)

Absolute rubbish - since when do Embassies legalize marriage certificates

The Affirmation from the Embassy is to make sure that the certificate is real deal and not a KaoSan Road forgery

Furthermore I've travelled in and out of Thailand 51 times by plane, minibus and train and I have NEVER been asked for proof of onward travel.

1. All the time,

2. Affirmations to get married to a Thai is just that, free to get married, it's not a certificate.

3. People travel in and out every day without having to show proof of onward travel, 99.999 % of them are not married to a Thai.

Just to settle the argument with some actual facts

Firstly the AFFIRMATION (copy attached) was obtained on the 10th September 2013 from the British Embassy in Bangkok (cost TB2,800)

It is required for every British Marriage Certificate plus a translation into Thai (cost TB300)

On presentation at Thai immigration Bangkok they will issue the necessary document (cost TB800) so that the local office can issue the necessary KR.22

This "exercise" cost including buses, taxis and hotel came TB10,000 and took 3 days to complete

Finally thankyou for agreeing with me that people travel in and out every day without having to show proof of onward travel

post-83586-0-01887600-1382592560_thumb.j

Edited by Papadragon

That document does not say it is real - only that you claim it is real and they have your word on that so yes it is an affirmation.

Believe you then should have had it translated and attached to the documents copies and registered with the MFA (not with immigration).

You then take to your District Office for recording and they issue the required KR22.

Today I was granted a one year extension by virtue of our 15+ year UK marriage
My Non-Immigrant O single entry 90 day visa issued in London in July expired on 3rd October.

My passport has been stamped now to 3rd October 2014. I just have to report to the police every 90 days smile.png
I made 3 trips to the nearest Immigration office 60 miles away with my wife
My wife made the last two alone, I wasn't required - our non family guarantor was required twice
My wife also went alone to the local Amphur twice and to Bangkok to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs twice and to the British Embassy once for affirmation of our UK Marriage Certificate.
I had already applied and received the British Embassy Income letter by post
We are a mature couple 73 and 52 and my wife is well capable of handling officialdom in her own country
Total Cost TB18,000 (GBP360) including the original Non-Immigrant O as follows :-

Thai TB5,500, British TB5,000, buses, taxis & hotels TB7,500