Two young children narrowly avoid being kidnapped on a Thailand holiday

Lite Beer

It is a strange story, and probably unlikely that the BIB got anywhere with investigating it. Thankfully nothing happened, but it is worrying.

Worrying would be an understatement but TIT and the realm is not a safe family tourist destination any longer.

Do you have any statistics do back up this contention or is this just a case of you airing your prejudices? Your use of this case as an example is a particularly poor choice since cases where foreign children are involved are exactly the kind that are extremely difficult to cover up. I haven't seen anything in the press about foreign children actually being kidnapped. I suspect your sources are extremely alternative.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Police were disinterested because there was no money in it for them.

The father is 71 and looks old while the children are very young, perhaps that is what triggered the incident.

The alleged kidnapper seems to be a do-gooder and tried to intervene to 'rescue' the children, thinking there was no way the couple were the real parents given their age. With Thailand's notorious reputation as a trafficking hub and destination for pedophiles it appears this woman was trying to act like a heroine, with disastrous consequences.

Doubt it was a serious attempt to kidnap, just an unstable, opinionated woman intervening in a situation she had created of her own making.

The girl's father is 36. The girl's mother is 35. The girl's grandfather is 71.

Try again.

you should know by now that on TV reading an article is not a prerequisite for commenting on it.

by the way, this reads like someone with mental issues rather than human trafficking or an organised abduction.

Im certainly careful with my kid though.

• Like 1

Strange story.. It seems a mentally disturbed woman more than a kidnapper.coffee1.gif

But whatever her mental state or motivation, this is a worrying story. If, as some people think, she thought the parents were abductors, then perhaps she is just a misguided do-gooder. But if she was trying to take them, then she could try it again with other families, and that is scary. I have kids - I often don't stop to think how easily and quickly something like that could happen.

Strange story.. It seems a mentally disturbed woman more than a kidnapper.coffee1.gif

But whatever her mental state or motivation, this is a worrying story. If, as some people think, she thought the parents were abductors, then perhaps she is just a misguided do-gooder. But if she was trying to take them, then she could try it again with other families, and that is scary. I have kids - I often don't stop to think how easily and quickly something like that could happen.

Well, it's the job of the parents to look after the children, and the grandfather was there too.

In the situation described in the OP, in the Taxi area on arrival on Koh Chang the crazy lady could have never be successful in her attempt.

... But anybody is free to speculate..

The Police were disinterested because there was no money in it for them.

The father is 71 and looks old while the children are very young, perhaps that is what triggered the incident.

The alleged kidnapper seems to be a do-gooder and tried to intervene to 'rescue' the children, thinking there was no way the couple were the real parents given their age. With Thailand's notorious reputation as a trafficking hub and destination for pedophiles it appears this woman was trying to act like a heroine, with disastrous consequences.

Doubt it was a serious attempt to kidnap, just an unstable, opinionated woman intervening in a situation she had created of her own making.

Wow where the hell did you get your super know it all brain, another armchair sleuth who really should have done better in life.