Thai driver heavily criticized for eating while driving a bus

webfact

Driver Heavily Criticized for Eating While Driving A Bus

dr.jpg

Passengers of a certain tour bus became frightened after they saw their tour bus eating while he was driving at a high speed towards their destination. This offense was said to be illegal in the Thai driving rules.

THAILAND – October 21, 2013 [PDN]; A certain Facebook user posted a post containing a complaint towards a tour bus driving who was eating while he was driving a bus full of passengers.

The picture that Facebook user posted was instantly shared and was eventually shared to the Minister of Civil Transportation.

The act of legislation related to civil transport clearly states that if the driver was driving carelessly, he’d technically break the law. He’d be charged for the offense.

An inspection will made in order to find out what was really happening.

Source: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/20/driver-heavily-criticized-for-eating-while-driving-a-bus/

-- Pattaya Daily News 2013-10-21

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe "An inspection will made in order to find out what was really happening," means they want to know why anyone would complain about eating from two trays of food while driving a bus full of people at 130 kph.

There must be something else at play here!

• Like 2

That's why John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Leaving one hand free to do other things.

Thais have never cottoned on to the sandwich. If somebody can figure out how to get som-tam and sticky rice between two pieces of non-drip edible polystyrene, you're on to a winner.

Maybe a som-tam and sticky rice pie might be a better idea. Everybody knows that back in Farangland you can drive while eating a pie, drinking coffee, and talk on your cellphone at the same time.

The Japanese invented this long ago, but don't tell the Thai's they weren't first! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onigiri

• Like 1

That's why John Montagu, the 4th Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Leaving one hand free to do other things.

Thais have never cottoned on to the sandwich. If somebody can figure out how to get som-tam and sticky rice between two pieces of non-drip edible polystyrene, you're on to a winner.

Maybe a som-tam and sticky rice pie might be a better idea. Everybody knows that back in Farangland you can drive while eating a pie, drinking coffee, and talk on your cellphone at the same time.

Dont know they do a mean icecream sandwich....... never ever thought I would enjoy icecream inbetween a bread roll.

He should be immediately suspended, charged and prosecuted by Thai authorities. If guilty of negligence and risk to human life he should be terminated, jailed, fined and prohibited from working as a driver again.

Yes, he should be transferred to 'inactive post' immediately...

• Like 1

It's all a miscommunication. This picture obviously shows 5he driver inspecting the quality of the passenger's meal boxes, which is clearly for the benefit of the passengers. How can that be defined as doing something wrong? He is enhancing customer service. Just as driving as gast as possible, ensuring passengers arrive at destination as promptly as possible. Same as driving no matter how exhausted the driver is. What dedication! All in the name of customer service. Th particular driver should be given an award for his dedication to customer service.

I'm sure the courts will see it correctly.

• Like 2

"This offense was said to be illegal in the Thai driving rules."

I bet they obey the rest of the driving rules..

The driver is now at risk of either being fined 200 baht, or if prosecuted for reckless driving (is there such an offense on the books here?) serving a 30 day suspended sentence. Is anyone in the Thai jails? Seems sentences are nearly always suspended. And why are the fines so low? I have seen 2,000 baht fines given to someone convicted of a serious assault. What is that? Seems like a fine that would be levied in 1890, not 2013. Why are the courts here so horribly incompetent? No wonder some people behave the way they do. Little in the way of a deterrent here.

The public prosecutors and the Courts are bound, like in your country, to and with laws.

And that includes the measure of fines, imprisonment and suspended punishments.

• Like 1

"Passengers of a certain tour bus became frightened after they saw their tour bus eating while he was driving at a high speed towards their destination. This offense was said to be illegal in the Thai driving rules."

That probably should read: "Passengers of EVERY tour bus.." And won't they be surprised when "their destination" is the front of another tour bus coming in the opposite direction, whose driver is doing the same.shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.pngshock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.pngshock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQs.png

And as far as the offense being illegal under Thai...rules. When has that stopped someone before?

• Like 1

"This offense was said to be illegal in the Thai driving rules."

I bet they obey the rest of the driving rules..

The driver is now at risk of either being fined 200 baht, or if prosecuted for reckless driving (is there such an offense on the books here?) serving a 30 day suspended sentence. Is anyone in the Thai jails? Seems sentences are nearly always suspended. And why are the fines so low? I have seen 2,000 baht fines given to someone convicted of a serious assault. What is that? Seems like a fine that would be levied in 1890, not 2013. Why are the courts here so horribly incompetent? No wonder some people behave the way they do. Little in the way of a deterrent here.

The public prosecutors and the Courts are bound, like in your country, to and with laws.

And that includes the measure of fines, imprisonment and suspended punishments.

That's why the grandson and heir to the Red Bull fortune is sitting in prison right now after killing a policeman with his Ferrari. Take your head out of the dark place and give it a little

sunshine.

• Like 2

I live in Korat and take interprovincial buses to Bangkok all the time. The drivers are always either eating or talking on the telephone driving with no shoes on all the time. I think this is the norm in Thailand. I think these buses are dangerous, but it's basically the only way I have to travel other than a train which is probably more dangerous given their record this yesr.

Barry