Post delivery problems

jombom

Recently some of my post seems to be missing. Asked at reception if there was a problem in Pattaya --- answer no problem.

Last week a letter arrived ---- it was dated stamped 22 Oct last year in Singapore. 5 days later it was dated stamped into Post office at Banglamung on 27 Oct last year. So it took nearly a tear to travel the last few kms.

Showed the letter to the people at reception, but silly me, they told me it was my problem and there was no problem with the postal service around here. Am I the only one, or are other people experiencing problems?

• Like 1

When I lived there full time some 7 year's ago had the same problem with both sending and receiving post, then the only post office was the one in Soi Post office. One time received a letter 4 month's late went to the P/Office to ask why so long reply 'well you got it didn't you' So still the same A.

Am I surprised not one bit.

Edited by fredob43
  • Like 1

When I lived there full time some 7 year's ago had the same problem with both sending and receiving post, then the only post office was the one in Soi Post office. One time received a letter 4 month's late went to the P/Office to ask why so long reply 'well you got it didn't you' So still the same A.

I've never had anything go missing, whether being sent or receiving. Obviously it must happen sometimes, but I've found the service to be very reliable. Anything of importance should be sent at least registered and, if especially important or valuable, by EMS. Not cheap, but I would still rather send or receive via the post office than using DHL, UPS or FedEx, all of whom are not cheap and far more of a headache to deal with.

The Post Office in Soi Post Office is, and has been, a sending post office only. No mail comes in there.

The receiving post office has always been at Banglamung, although I believe Jomtien may now have a receiving post office too.

• Like 2

Experience tells me 1 in 4 letters sent from the UK will arrive in my post in Pattaya.

And I can accurately guess what happens to the undelivered 3 in 4.

"And I can accurately guess what happens to the undelivered 3 in 4. "

Probably languishing in Manchester or sent on to Taiwan??

I've never had anything go missing, whether being sent or receiving. Obviously it must happen sometimes, but I've found the service to be very reliable. Anything of importance should be sent at least registered and, if especially important or valuable, by EMS. Not cheap, but I would still rather send or receive via the post office than using DHL, UPS or FedEx, all of whom are not cheap and far more of a headache to deal with.

The Post Office in Soi Post Office is, and has been, a sending post office only. No mail comes in there.

The receiving post office has always been at Banglamung, although I believe Jomtien may now have a receiving post office too.

You have been lucky I sent more than 10 letter's to England over a one year period not registered no need as not important only two arrived.

Now moved to the middle of Thailand been here for just over 7 year's and believe it or not nothing has gone on the missing list. Tell you something??? well it should do Amazing Thailand more amazing Pattaya.

Edited by fredob43

Experience tells me 1 in 4 letters sent from the UK will arrive in my post in Pattaya.

Really !

Why would a letter posted in London be languishing in Manchester ?

Why would London posted mail addressed Thailand be sent on to Taiwan ? Sent on from where ? Pattaya ?

Really !

Why would London posted mail addressed Thailand be sent on to Taiwan ? Sent on from where ? Pattaya ?

(1) "Why would a letter posted in London be languishing in Manchester ?"

((2) "Why would London posted mail addressed Thailand be sent on to Taiwan ? Sent on from where ? Pattaya ?"

(1). Deplorable British Royal Mail (which the government has decided to privatize, incidentally) Things do get misdirected in England too.

(2) Illiterate British Royal Mail workers.

(3) Why is it most people who seem to complain about the poor mail service send or receive mail from UK?

(4) Why would you automatically assume the fault lies with the Thai Post Office rather than all the people who handle the mail before reaching or after leaving Thailand ... or does that simply fit in with your larger assumption that everything is just perfect in UK and second rate in Thailand?

Aside from sending and receiving the usual mail, I've done over 350 transactions on eBay, all using the Thai Post Office to send or receive items, as well as getting many things sent out from Amazon UK and other booksellers in UK ... nothing has ever gone missing. Only two items delayed, including one sent to Taiwan BEFORE reaching Thailand. Amazing Thailand indeed.

Edited by Suradit69

Really !

((2) "Why would London posted mail addressed Thailand be sent on to Taiwan ? Sent on from where ? Pattaya ?"

(1). Deplorable British Royal Mail (which the government has decided to privatize, incidentally) Things do get misdirected in England too.

(3) Why is it most people who seem to complain about the poor mail service send or receive mail from UK?

(4) Why would you automatically assume the fault lies with the Thai Post Office rather than all the people who handle the mail before reaching or after leaving Thailand ... or does that simply fit in with your larger assumption that everything is just perfect in UK and second rate in Thailand?

Aside from sending and receiving the usual mail, I've done over 350 transactions on eBay, all using the Thai Post Office to send or receive items, as well as getting many things sent out from Amazon UK and other booksellers in UK ... nothing has ever gone missing. Only two items delayed, including one sent to Taiwan BEFORE reaching Thailand. Amazing Thailand indeed.

Yes, you received the items at the Thai post office, indicating the Royal mail did their job.

But, as I stated, the delivery to my home here in Pattaya never gets this far.

Many areas in Pattaya do not have a post-man.

Many post-man, if not most , are unable to read a Thai address in English.

Many of these post-man deliver post to wrong addresses.

Need I go on.

The Royal Mail, I agree, is far from perfect, but a very high percentage of UK mail gets delivered pronto.

Since my opening post, we have had a number of discussions with the people at reception. Knowing it is my problem, silly me, this info somehow helps me from exploding. Yesterday, they gave me 2 letters, and told me the reason my post was going astray, was that my address was wrong. They gave me the address on a business card, when I moved in. It actually has 2 addresses, this building and the building in front which is a sales office. At the beginning, the game of send the fool further was great fun. So today paid a visit to the building in front, and asked about my post. Mister we send all the post into the main building. What a great game. We struggle on.

Since my opening post, we have had a number of discussions with the people at reception. Knowing it is my problem, silly me, this info somehow helps me from exploding. Yesterday, they gave me 2 letters, and told me the reason my post was going astray, was that my address was wrong. They gave me the address on a business card, when I moved in. It actually has 2 addresses, this building and the building in front which is a sales office. At the beginning, the game of send the fool further was great fun. So today paid a visit to the building in front, and asked about my post. Mister we send all the post into the main building. What a great game. We struggle on.

Did you ask them "how" they send all the post into the main building ?

I guess they send it back to the post-office for redelivering cheesy.gif

You've just been lucky. Post delivery in Pattaya stinks. I know I'm not the only one with mail delivery problems here in Pattaya.

The problem I've often had is items not being carded when I'm not at home to receive them, and then when I don't go to pick it up it is sent back. If an item hasn't arrived after a few weeks I need to go to the mail centre to find out if it had arrived.

As Banglamung Post Office stamp my incoming mail its not hard to tell that it takes about 4 days to reach there from the UK, however from Banglamung to my home in S Pattaya, a whole 15 minute bike ride takes 8-12 days on average. At the previous village where I lived (1km from my present house) we saw a post man nearly daily however now in my new place we are lucky to see once a week. I also receive loads of mail during these irregular drop offs and assume (guess) they dont bother coming our way until there is a full load to deliver.

Edited by RabC

Lay off the UK/Brit bashing (again......). As myself and others have posted there is ample proof that our woes are caused by the Thai end of international deliveries. The lottery seems to be where you live and the reliability of your postman.

• Like 2

despite not being a defender/apologist of all things Thai like some on here, i am very happy with the local mail service

i have complicated things for them and sold houses and moved address twice this year

i used their free 3 month redirection service and have lost nothing that i know of

i send EMS outgoing mail to USA and UK, it is always received and delivered by Parcelforce in UK and USPS in USA without a problem

the privatization of Royal Mail in UK will help that delivery service i think

no one uses snail mail anymore and many more people order items on line than ever before

the parcel service needs investment to service this shipping boom , this privatization will provide it and allow royal mail to compete with the likes of DHL, TNT etc

I live in Jomtien and had 2 packages from the US Post Office returned "undeliverable" 3 months ago. The sender sent me a photo of the packages and they indeed had the correct address. A month ago I was tracking another package from the US and it said "delivery attempted". No notice of the delivery was left and I have a sign on my front door in Thai saying "take packages to the office". I went to the Post Office on the Sukumvit with the tracking number but they denied having it or any knowledge of it. I waited for a week and when the package didn't show up I returned to the Sukumvit post office. They again said they didn't have the package. I asked if I could look for the package as I knew it was long and narrow. To my surprise they said "ok" have a look. Within 5 minutes of searching I had my package in hand. When I asked why it wasn't delivered, the guy just shrugged his shoulders. It's my opinion that packages addressed in English are easier for the workers to return than to get a translation into Thai.