15 vehicles towed as traffic, parking crackdown kicks off in Bangkok

webfact

Only 15 out of almost 7 million registered cars in Bangkok must be a lot of law abiding well-disciplined admirable drivers in Bangkok .

In any American city 15 cars are hauled away in five minutes or less, all day long. Hundreds of $$ to get your wheels back. Big Hassle.

Only 15 out of almost 7 million registered cars in Bangkok must be a lot of law abiding well-disciplined admirable drivers in Bangkok .

In any American city 15 cars are hauled away in five minutes or less, all day long. Hundreds of $$ to get your wheels back. Big Hassle.

Consequences are the simple solution to most problems like this. Why is the traffic and habits of the drivers the way it is? Lack of consequences.

who wants to drive a car in BKK ?

If you do ,you must be as crazy as the rest .

Take the BTS,Metro,walk.....or go live on a better location .

I live near Pattaya,but i never drive there in my car ,nor in a taxi or bus.

How i get around ?

i wont tell you,lol

Last Saturday, I actually saw police putting the wheel locks on cars illegally parked on Sukhumvit, just after soi 55. That was a refreshing sight, as there are always cars clogging that area to go and eat at the restaurants there. Sunday, for the first time, I saw my soi free of all the cars parked illegally there at the entrance of the soi! I could for once get in without having to contort my car between the cars parked and the oncoming traffic.

I would wish this policy to be enforced radically and across the board. Then maybe Thais will learn a bit of discipline in their anarchic parking habits.

Your comment is a relief to read.

Now report back in 7 days .

i have such a strange feeling that it will have returned to normal by then.

Don't forget that it is only on 10 streets and it has been wideky publicized. This means that there are 15 idiots who are still dumb enough to park illegally even when they know the police are supposed to start towing. Maybe the rest of the people actually listened and avoided parking illegally in this small area...