Fiancé or Tourist Visa for Girlfriend

Would appreciate some advice for someone who has done this before and could speak from some experience please.

I would like my girlfriend to visit myself and my family in the USA. I have spoken with several companies that provide assistant, siam-legal.com etc.... I have been advised my girlfriend should not have a hard time obtaining a tourist visa because of her credentials and assets. I was told the fiancé visa will most likely work also, but can take 6 months longer or more...

My girlfriend has a home in her name(completely paid for to the bank), a business loan for a suit shop that is in her name, car in her name(was just stolen and insurance paid off the loan), and also a large sum of money in her bank account(if she needs more, her parents can easily transfer whatever amount she would temporarily for her). Also, her mom this last year went to USA to visit a friend, while using a tourist visa. My girlfriend also has spent 3 months before in Switzerland, and has traveled to Korea and Vietnam before also.

Our relationship can be proven to have been going on for a year with pictures, text, SMS, emails etc...I have visited her 5 times over the last year.

Would appreciate very much some advice! Thanks everyone in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Joshua,

What advice are you looking for? Which is the better of the 2 visas to get?

1. Tourist visa's generally valid for 10 years come and go as you please within the guidlines of the visas conditions.

2. Fiancée visa requires - if granted - for you to be married within 9 months of it being granted.

I'd go for option 1, and given that your girlfriends mother recently obtained one, I'd suggest she talk to her about how she got it.

go for the tourist.

my gf was denied last month and this month (we reapplied). I wanted to bring her back to the states for christmas but uncle sam says no. f*** him.

the lady interviewing her didn't even look at her bank statements. she just read my letter of invitation, my work paystubs, my gf's letter from her work and then asked her if she had traveled anywhere else. she hadn't, she got denied. So since your gf has traveled, you have a good chance

Joshua,

1. Tourist visa's generally valid for 10 years come and go as you please within the guidlines of the visas conditions.

2. Fiancée visa requires - if granted - for you to be married within 9 months of it being granted.

I'd go for option 1, and given that your girlfriends mother recently obtained one, I'd suggest she talk to her about how she got it.

2. It's 90 days not 9 months after entry into the U.S.

Edited by daboyz1

Joshua,

Edited by daboyz1