Bangkok: Angered by her husband, woman 'burns 42 houses'

webfact

Angered By Her Husband, Woman 'Burns 42 Houses'
By Khaosod Online

house.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police have arrested a woman who allegedly burned down 42 houses following an argument with her husband.

The big fire, which burned down 42 houses in Ajnarong Slum in Klong Toey district, Bangkok, was reportedly caused by a woman, who was furiously angry at her husband, said Tha Ruea police yesterday.

The police was then issued arrest warrants against the woman and arrested her on Monday.

The suspect, Ms. Chantana Patcharasopit, was walking with her husband, Mr. Somphon Khamindra, at the mall when police made the arrest. She promptly confessed to the crime, and stated that she was having a personal argument with her husband at the time.

The suspect said she burned some clothes inside their room and continued arguing with her husband later.

According to Pol.Lt.Gen. Khamronwit Thoopkra-chang, Bangkok Police Chief, the fire was reported to have occurred from house No. 29 in the condensed area before spread to other 40 – 50 houses. The incident affected 92 households, and caused at least 401 casualties.

Fortunately, nobody died in the fire.

Tha Ruea police is scheduled to investigate the incident further.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE1qUXlPRFUyTUE9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-10-22

"The big fire, which burned down 42 houses in Ajnarong Slum in Klong Toey district, Bangkok, was reportedly caused by a woman, who was furiously angry at her husband, said Tha Ruea police yesterday."

Is it really called "Ajnarong Slum" in Thai language?

For a start: Casualty. A person killed OR injured in a war or accident. (Common) A person or thing badly affected by an event or situation.

Casualty in this context seems quite appropriate.

Cutting off the penis is usually as I understand it, particular punishment for sexual infidelity only. Not general dissatisfaction or just being ticked off with the rels or something.

I suspect my ex burnt us out of the house, from playing with fire and general dissatisfaction. For those that seem to think these things only happen in Thailand. This was not a Thai wife, and didn't happen in Thailand.

Where is Forrest Gump when you need him.

and caused at least 401 casualties.

Fortunately, nobody died in the fire.

Need better translator at Khaosod.

You can be a casualty and not be dead.

My sypathy and prayers for the homeless and injured

ca·su·al·ty

noun \ˈka-zhəl-tē, ˈkazh-wəl-, ˈka-zhə-wəl-\

: a person who is hurt or killed during an accident, war, etc.

: a person or thing that is harmed, lost, or destroyed

In Military terms casualty always seems refers to loss of life

I wonder if Mrs. Oleary"My sympathies to the homeless and injureds cow ever got ot of prison?

Is she being held in a cell, or still out there with a lighter? She hasn't been charged? Seems pretty self evident it was arson.... or are they waiting for an envelope with the answer to what to do?