Will I lose 6 months if I renew passport early?

Thighlander

Each passport is good for 10yrs. so 10yrs from when the new passport is created

Wrong!!

Any time unused on your old passport is added to your new one - not sure if there is an actual limit to how much time can be added.

How can you so emphatically just say "Wrong!!" when there are a number of us on here who have recently completed the process? For a U.S. passport, mine just last month, it IS 10 years from the date of issue. From actually READING the above posts, it depends on the issuing country.

Wrong!!

Any time unused on your old passport is added to your new one - not sure if there is an actual limit to how much time can be added.

How can you so emphatically just say "Wrong!!" when there are a number of us on here who have recently completed the process? For a U.S. passport, mine just last month, it IS 10 years from the date of issue. From actually READING the above posts, it depends on the issuing country.

If you had read some of my later posts then you will see that I pointed this out myself!!

Wrong!!

If you had read some of my later posts then you will see that I pointed this out myself!!

Fair enough!

My new one was good for longer!

It might help if OP told us where he is from!

Perhaps if you were to read the OP you;d see he is from the US!

Wrong!!

Correct !! in Aus that is.

Seems that we Brits are more fortunate than you yanks and Austrians then!!rolleyes.gif.

A US passport is good for 10 years from date of issue! It cost $110 to renew it. There are no handling or shipping charges added as the application is accepted at the Embassy in Bangkok and you either pick up the new passport about 10 days later or pay a minimal EMS charge to have it delivered to your home. You old passport remains valid until you pick up the new one!

What does it cost the Brits and how much shipping charges are added to have it processed through Hong Kong? And. what about the validity of the old one until the new one arrives?