Short Changed ....

luudee

i always tell them what the note is ...if in a bar i say just give me such and such back the rest is your tip ...saw a drunk shortchanged 900 baht in maccas one night ...he was legless ..but didnt deserve that ...we spoke up for him ....have a friend who carries lots of coins and small notes ...gives exact change everytime ...if he has been given good service he gives a small tip ....

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i always tell them what the note is ...if in a bar i say just give me such and such back the rest is your tip ...saw a drunk shortchanged 900 baht in maccas one night ...he was legless ..but didnt deserve that ...we spoke up for him ....have a friend who carries lots of coins and small notes ...gives exact change everytime ...if he has been given good service he gives a small tip ....

"we spoke up for him"

I applaud that clap2.gif

Yes it's normal here, they also do it with Thais as very few can do calulations in their heads and that's why you see the change on the cash register so only drunks get screwed, lol.

That reminds me of the time that I gave a Thai lady friend a maths sub-traction to do----had no idea really --just guessing--then gave her the same again -and added the word "baht" to the numbers---the correct answer came back in a nano -second rolleyes.gif

Try it out yourself guys

Edited by Bucko