Abhisit launches new English version book "The Simple Truth"

webfact

Abhisit launches new English version book "The Simple Truth"

BANGKOK, 24th October 2013 (NNT) - Democrat Party leader and former Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva's has launched a new book in English titled“The Simple Truth.”

Abhisit Vejjajiva and Korn Chatikavanij have attended the launching of the new book at the National Book Fair held at Queen Sirikit Exhibition Center.

The book, published by Post Books, talks about the chaotic political situations and the crackdown on demonstrators in Thailand, in the year 2010.

It is translated from the original Thai version written by Abhisit Vejjajiva on his experiences while he was Prime Minister, and is a recount of the chaotic political events of 2010.

The content, selected by Mr.Abhisit himself, is on the former Prime Minister's views on certain political events so that the reader may understand the reasons for the government’s actions at the time.

The book also answers many doubts and questions that the public may hold on the former government by creating an understanding through facts.

The book is edited by Korn Chatikavanij, the former Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-10-24 footer_n.gif

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that title should be The Sample Truth-interesting that its been launched in English so fewer Thais can read it . No question it is throwing down the gauntlet to the current regime-provocative huh?

It was published in Thai first, in 2012 I believe (probably while the memory was still fresh whistling.gif ) . The english language version isn't new either - that was launched on 19th August. Obviously Abhisit hasn't been getting his regular share of column inches.

Or maybe it's to launch Thai Comedy Week?

The book is very well written and informative. I find it very interesting that the BIB and the Attorney Generals Office, have not done anything to arrest the persons which assaulted foreign diplomats at the meeting in Pattaya, and the two assignation attempts, of the PM. All of these actions were reported in the world press to included on CNN, BBC, Al Jazera and many other media.ph34r.png

• Like 1

The book is very well written and informative. I find it very interesting that the BIB and the Attorney Generals Office, have not done anything to arrest the persons which assaulted foreign diplomats at the meeting in Pattaya, and the two assignation attempts, of the PM. All of these actions were reported in the world press to included on CNN, BBC, Al Jazera and many other media.ph34r.png

"and the two assignation attempts"

assignation
asɪgˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun
noun: assignation; plural noun: assignations
an appointment to meet someone in secret, typically one made by lovers.
"his assignation with an older woman"
Who were these older women Khun Abhisit was attempting to meet?
  • Like 2

assignation
asɪgˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

I think you mean asinine

They are protected by the red shirt exemption policy.

assignation
asɪgˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

Oh dear, oh dear.

Another person who is showing off his skills in reproducing content from a dictionary.

Probably his or her own language.

Very good!

Inform me, if you can, what other languages you are so fluent in, besides English?

• Like 2

Maybe that title should be The Sample Truth-interesting that its been launched in English so fewer Thais can read it . No question it is throwing down the gauntlet to the current regime-provocative huh?

It is translated from the original Thai version written by Abhisit Vejjajiva

As I read the entire article, Mr. Abhist is publishing an english version, in addition to the Thai version.

First,, WHO done the translating, THAN is it really the simple truth,DO NOT FORGET THE TRUTH IS NOT SIMPLE,,,IT HURTS MANY PEOPLE WHOM CAN'T TAKE THE TRUTH,,,,,,,stick this up his jumper smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png)

Translation? Regardless of how you feel about all this, the guy was born in the UK and has a Masters from Oxford. Unlike many people, one thing he doesn't need is a translator.

Do you really think he wrote the book? It was surely written by some ghostwriters. What doesn a master means from Oxford? Blair too was at Oxford.

lordy some folk are thick.

not a thread passes without a post like this that could have been avoided had the poster actually read the op

First,, WHO done the translating, THAN is it really the simple truth,DO NOT FORGET THE TRUTH IS NOT SIMPLE,,,IT HURTS MANY PEOPLE WHOM CAN'T TAKE THE TRUTH,,,,,,,stick this up his jumper smile.png.pagespeed.ce.CwSpBGGvqN.png)

Translation? Regardless of how you feel about all this, the guy was born in the UK and has a Masters from Oxford. Unlike many people, one thing he doesn't need is a translator.

Do you really think he wrote the book? It was surely written by some ghostwriters. What doesn a master means from Oxford? Blair too was at Oxford.

Haven't seen any evidence that he didn't write it. Not liking someone doesn't necessarily negate their credentials. And I can't see how Tony Blair is involved.

Edited by marell
  • Like 1