Thai bus conductor 'accidentally shot' by students

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Police suspected that the group of students unintentionally discharged one of their pen guns at Mr. Anucha, and said that they will search for the suspects for further investigation."

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but...doesn't that sound kind of "casual"? "Oh yeah...some students accidentally discharged their pen guns...." as if all students are having this type of sh1t as part of their uniform.

The bus- man is lucky, not to have lost an eye....

An eye,on his leg???

It is a welcoming thought that here in thailand shootings are not as prevalent as in the USA , probably arising from the vast number of guns in circulation in the USA

Many of us are saddened by the continued killings on busses and minibusses by the drivers who are out of control, maybe a few more USA guns on the busses might make the drivers think a little

It would be much nicer to hear minibus bus driver shot by American who saved all the passengers from almost certain death

Let me try and get this straight from the jumble of random words you have thrown together above.

Am I right in saying that your solution to the number of crashes by buses reported in the news lately is to have random bands of armed Americans travelling the buses of Thailand dispensing justice for traffic offences out of the barrel of a gun?

Are you an American? Because they certainly bring them up them weird where you come from................

• Like 1

"Police suspected that the group of students unintentionally discharged one of their pen guns at Mr. Anucha, and said that they will search for the suspects for further investigation."

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but...doesn't that sound kind of "casual"? "Oh yeah...some students accidentally discharged their pen guns...." as if all students are having this type of sh1t as part of their uniform.

In his leg?

Ask any not so bright school kid ( 90% ) what they want.

No.1 A gun

No.2 A motor bike

What a great education system Thailand has.

Alas what can we expect when we look at politicians and some of the so called elite of this country

Ask any not-so-bright TV poster to post and they come up with nonsense like this.

About 5 years ago Bangkok had almost 1000 reported shooting incidents at schools, not hard to imagine that most go unreported and that the situation is not improving as nothing is done about this.

Only those with a very colourful imagination would imagine this pie-in-the-sky speculation.

An eye,on his leg???

In his leg?

Had a clown for breakfast?

• Like 1

So if you read this right,,,,,the police know that many school kids are carrying guns (pen guns),,,,,If so than WHY T F are they not at the schools every day and do something about this OOOH SORRY,,that makes sense doesn't it ?w00t.gif

Sadly, yes it does make sense but TiT.

So if you read this right,,,,,the police know that many school kids are carrying guns (pen guns),,,,,If so than WHY T F are they not at the schools every day and do something about this OOOH SORRY,,that makes sense doesn't it ?w00t.gif

Because there would hardly be any tea money to make it worth their while ???

When I first came here 15 years ago, I heard or read somewhere that possession of firearms was illegal, with the exception of the police and military. Was I mis-informed?

Regardless, I disagree with the post about American firearm related deaths. While I don't dispute the fact that there are a large number of firearms-related deaths each year in the USA, Thailand has a far higher number per capita.

However, bickering about which country has more shootings won't solve the problem, nor will gun control legislation. This is a problem in most countries, caused by the media (television, film and even video games), and the lack of adequate moral guidance from parents and teachers.

Today's youth have grown accustomed to seeing graphic violence every day, and there is very little which can actually shock some sense into them about how immoral and horrible it is to take a life. The only way out of this mess, which the whole world suffers from, is if/when everyone in society decide to put an end to displaying violent acts in all forms of media and start showing platonic love and compassion for all living beings. I know - wishful thinking, and not likely to happen, but who has got a better idea?

What is a pen-gun?

What is wrong with Thai society the people feel the need to carry them?

I asked my wife and she pointed to one of these? attachicon.gifpengun.jpgwink.png

I understand completely. Ask her to say peanuts, as on of my friend's wife does............. It sounds a lot like 'penus'giggle.gif

It is a welcoming thought that here in thailand shootings are not as prevalent as in the USA , probably arising from the vast number of guns in circulation in the USA

Many of us are saddened by the continued killings on busses and minibusses by the drivers who are out of control, maybe a few more USA guns on the busses might make the drivers think a little

It would be much nicer to hear minibus bus driver shot by American who saved all the passengers from almost certain death

There are more than twice as many handgun homicides here in Thailand, a country 1/4th the poplulation of the USA, than in the USA. http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms So I suggest doing some homework before going off half cocked. Still too many I agree, but I am much safer in USA than here. Plenty to bash the USA about, but at least make it not one of these cheap shots, ok?

Ask any not so bright school kid ( 90% ) what they want.

No.1 A gun

No.2 A motor bike

What a great education system Thailand has.

Alas what can we expect when we look at politicians and some of the so called elite of this country

Ask any not-so-bright TV poster to post and they come up with nonsense like this.

Found you again nit picking at a poster who is near to the truth, so you are one of the not so bright not so brights eh.

You had a stranger than normal answer to one of my posts, and I asked you to post your own views as most of us do--but cannot seem to find any relating to the said topics.

give us a chance to see what thoughts you come up with.

• Like 1

That its a shame, sure, I agree. But all the hypocrisy on top of it about kids and Thailand while all the mass shootings in the west happen by people who are on heavy poison (medication), many times knowingly gun owners while they want the guns from normal decent gun owners.High(?) Officials execute random people in Yemen and Pakistan everyday by drones....

Students should be carrying pens not pen guns but what else can be expected in a country where it's the done thing for real men to carry firearms and use them at the drop of a hat ?

It is not the gun, it is the person..!! The lack of understanding & training leads to serious accidents.

T.I.T. where statistics show that being shot is about 14 times more likely than in the USA, where anyone can own a gun.

Although the US is sliding into ignorance because the US Constiturion has been Abrogated by so many unconstitutuinal (illegal) laws.

REF: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir-crime-murders-with-firearms

Because they are their children.

C'mon, guys, let's just put it down to youthful high spirits - a bit of a laugh........

hope you feel better after a sleep, the best tonic after alcohol !!!!!

Just a bit of sarcasm, dear boy, just a bit of sarcasm.

Sorry I thought it was serious, because of no smiley, thanks for reply have a coffee on me.

What is a pen-gun?

What is wrong with Thai society the people feel the need to carry them?

I asked my wife and she pointed to one of these? attachicon.gifpengun.jpgwink.png

Good grief!!! How the hell did he fit that in his pocket - and from the report, they might ALL have them - where do they get them? I think an international pen-gun trafficking ring is in operation...