Things I have learned in Thailand

geronimo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giving me a second life. If not for a thai doctor, i would not be around anymore.

My beautiful children.

Its gonna give back, future, my only love.

Witnessing unbelievable lack of empathy related to children.

Witnessing true ignorance and selfishness with no shame to hide it.

Beautiful and helpfull people.

Fun and freedom.

Many smiles.

Kindness.

Not accepting certain things.

My own fallibility.

• Like 1

Schadenfreude is taking joy in the misery of others; taking joy in what you think is or should be the misery of others is something I have only ever encountered on this website.

Is this something you have learned in Thailand?

• Like 1

As to life being short as attributed to John Lennon among others: Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

... of course if you haven't made at least some plans for the maybe 10,000+ remaining days of your life, life can really get to be a downer.

• Like 1

As to life being short as attributed to John Lennon among others: Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

... of course if you haven't made at least some plans for the maybe 10,000+ remaining days of your life, life can really get to be a downer.

unless youre a monk

There is no real safe way to cross a street. Sometimes a little luck is required.

I always look if there's an old street dog taking a wander across the road and follow them. If they've lived that long they must know all the safest routes. biggrin.png

Edited by mca
  • Like 2

Really happy to hear about these great experiences. There are lots of things that frustrate the hell out of us non Thais but I think the number one thing that stands out is tolerance and happiness - These are two things you can get out of Thailand for sure. Some of my best memories are in Thailand and I only worked there for a year.

They have a lovely language, I love it so much and always read a bit before going to sleep at night, they also have an absolutely fantastic music scene, if you dont know about this you are really missing out - Bossa Nova, Jazz, Rock, Metal you name it and it is addictive. I have over 40 CD's and listen to them all the time (Including now).

Anyway, hope one day I can do the same as our friend Geronimo.

• Like 1