Where to get non O in Asia?

I have a German friend whose English is not very good, which is why I am posting this question on his behalf.

As I understand the story, he was back home in Germany this year and sent off his application for non-immigrant visa, but his passport was lost in the post on the way to the Thai embassy.

By the time he had received a replacement passport. His flight back to Thailand was due, and he had no time to apply for a visa again.

So he entered Thailand without a visa for a 30 day stay.

So my question is, where is the nearest place for him to apply for a non-immigrant visa without having to go back to Germany. Vientiane would be best for him.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Many thanks for the prompt replies.

He has a long-term girlfriend, but is not actually married.

I think he used to go back to Germany every year and get a new non-O visa

He is certainly old enough for a retirement extension.

What exactly are the criteria for applying for a non-O single entry visa in Vientiane? At what point would he have to show proof of income?

As I understand it, if you get a non-o visa. You can extend it for retirement by showing proof of income at immigration in Thailand. Is this correct?

Just his passport to prove his age is all that is needed for the non-o in Vientiane.

Financial requirements for an extension for retirement is 800K baht in the bank or 65K baht income or a combination of the two to reach 800K baht.

You are a very good friend. You friend's problem become yours.

There is a German name Claudio, he transports people (running visas) from Bangkok to Cambodia and to Laos.

You can see his rented vans at Lotus Onnuch garage area. He can answer all your questions regarding your problem

Edited by DGIE