Rooney Latest.

redrus

Sir Alex rubbishes claims over Rooney

26/5/06 12:19 PM

Boss Refutes Claims Over Rooney

Sir Alex Ferguson has rubbished claims that the club do not want Wayne Rooney to participate in the World Cup.

A scan on Rooney's fractured metatarsal on Thursday revealed that the injury is progressing as expected. But he will have to wait for the results of a further scan on June 14 before a decision can be made as to whether he can begin full training.

Recent press reports have suggested that United would prefer their star striker to miss the finals and get himself fit for next season.

But Sir Alex has strongly refuted these claims insisting he, more than anyone, is fully behind Rooney's bid to play some part in Germany.

"We've had to deal with lots of issues this week regarding wild exaggerations in the press," he told MUTV in an exclusive interview.

"Some of the reports said we're going to sue The FA and that the doctor [former club doctor Mike Stone] left because of Wayne Rooney. It's absolute nonsense, all of it and is unfair on the club.

"Furthermore, the most important thing, which is most damaging to myself and to Manchester United Football Club, are the suggestions that we don't want Wayne to go; it's absolutely ludicrous.

"It's absolutely ludicrous to suggest that Manchester United don't want Wayne to play in the World Cup."

Sir Alex Ferguson

"The one Manchester United player I want to play in the World Cup is Wayne Rooney," he declared.

"The experience and the confidence he'd get from playing in the tournament would benefit both Wayne and Manchester United. He's a major player for our club and I want him to be there.

"I told him that from day one and that will be my main drive, to do that."

Although Rooney is likely to miss the group stages of the tournament, Sir Alex says the United medical team will continue to do all they can to get the young forward fit for the latter stages in Germany.

"Our medical staff said from the very outset that it would be a six-week recovery period," he reiterated. "We've never strayed from that because we know from experience that it's not an easy injury.

"We've had more players than any other club suffer with this injury and we've drawn on the experience of that in our bid to help Wayne.

"He's a brave lad and has got a good determination about him; these things will all work in his favour.

"We're praying and hoping and doing our very best," added Sir Alex. "The next scan is the key one and hopefully the fracture will have completely healed by the time the 14 June comes round. If not, it'll be impossible [for him to play]."

Report by Gemma Thompson.

redrus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The News of the World claims that Wayne Rooney will not go to the World Cup unless he is fit enopught to play. Rooney is said to be aware of the fact that rushing back from his injury could do 'long term damage'.

In the NOTW a friend of Rooney's said: "Wayne is desperate to play for England but he has said all along there will be other World Cups if he is not ready.

"It will be a crushing blow but he is sensible. There is no point in trying to rush an injury like this. If he goes too soon he has been told he could do serious damage.

"As much as he would like to rush it he recognises the medical team are the experts and he has to think about his long term future.

"He also knows that as much as he loves playing for England it is Manchester United that pay his wages and have provided the platform for him to achieve his footballing dreams and Sir Alex Ferguson in particular."

redrus

Latest news

Wayne Rooney has stepped up his training schedule by kicking a ball with both feet on Friday.

Rooney, Manchester United and England are waiting with anticipation for the results of a scan which is scheduled for June 7, with the results likely to determine whether the striker will have a chance of featuring at the World Cup finals.

The young star has always maintained a confident outlook and he set tongues wagging on Friday when undertaking a training routine which included running and kicking a ball.

Sven Goran Eriksson's assistant Steve McClaren admits the sight of Rooney kicking a ball is good for morale, but has warned that it is too early to take a view on whether he will be able to feature in Germany.

"He's been working with the United physios all this week," McClaren told Sky Sports News. "Really since he got injured.

"He's stepping things up and is joining us on Monday before having the relevant scan on Wednesday, and things are going well.

"Of course, you never take things for granted in football, with the metatarsal especially, but hopefully the scans will be okay.

"You've seen the progress he's making, he's a confident lad, as you know, and he wants to be there. He will be doing everything possible to be there."

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article...ey+ups+the+ante

Fingers crossed eh lads

This from a United player, what are the rest of the world going to be like....?

WATCH OUT,

Heinze's about

Gabriel Heinze is desperate to play in the World Cup and he will have no qualms about laying into a boot into any of his United team mates should paths cross.

"I have always said that wearing the shirt of the Argentina national team is not an opportunity that is given to just anybody. You welcome the opportunity every time you wear the shirt, which for me stirs very deep feelings. I want to get to the World Cup finals in the best possible form, then the coach will decide whether to name me or not," he told Argentinian television network tYc Sports.

"Listen, when I play for Argentina I defend my shirt. If I have to kick Wayne Rooney then I will do it," he laughed.

redrus

I am not as worried as I was after seeing "Big Pete The Robot" knock in 3 goals for England last night!!!

I was very pleased for him....he never ASKED to play for England..Sven saw him as the best Man for the job..and he's doing his best. I really felt for him when he missed the penalty ,but was so happy that he got what I think was the goal of the game to complete his hat trick.

Lets hope we have got all our penalty misses out of the way now!!!

I think he will be OK to get us through the first round....after that the World's best defenders will murder him.

Thats when we will need THE ROO

TP

CAPTAIN SENSIBLE

Monday 5th June 2006

Robson warns of Rooney comeback.

Bryan Robson has said it may ruin Wayne Rooney’s career if he rushes back from his injury in order to play in the World Cup. Speaking in the MEN he said:

"It is up to the medical staff to say no," said Robson.

"You are risking the rest of your career if you have a pin in a bone and go back too early and you shatter the bone. That could end your career and we don't want that."

He said: "Wayne is our most creative, best all-round goalscorer we have.

"He has a great attitude to football and will want to play. Everyone has to be patient.

"Not being able to run for six or seven weeks is going to take the edge off his game, but fingers crossed I hope he gets there."

ROONEY KICKING BALLS AND ON THE MEND

Sunday 4th June 2006

Fergie is on holiday which is just a coincidence.

The Guardian:

He had not been due to resume training with a ball until Wednesday at the earliest but witnesses at Manchester United's training ground reported him "whacking in crosses from 30 yards".

Rooney could also be seen taking part in short sprints, twisting and turning with no adverse reaction, all under the watchful eye of United's physiotherapist Rob Swire and the club doctor Tony Gill. "Very good," was Eriksson's first reaction. "If that is true, it's extremely good news and I'm very happy. I know he was doing a lot of running a couple of days ago and this is obviously good news."

Sir Alex Ferguson may argue that it is still inconclusive, however encouraging, but Eriksson made little effort to disguise his excitement. The England coach said he had interrupted Rooney's fitness programme on Thursday to ask him when he thought he would be ready. "He replied: 'Saturday.' I asked him which Saturday and he said: 'This one.' That's his spirit and it's very good."

United's medical staff had informed Eriksson this week that Rooney's rehabilitation had suffered complications but there were positive vibes from Old Trafford last night. Ferguson is on holiday and in his absence there appears to have been a more optimistic slant put on Rooney's chances of playing in the World Cup.

redrus

Latest news

Wayne Rooney has stepped up his training schedule by kicking a ball with both feet on Friday.

See, he's better than before the injury already :o

By the way, if he's definately not going to Germany, why was he shown arriving there this morning?

Latest news

See, he's better than before the injury already :D

By the way, if he's definately not going to Germany, why was he shown arriving there this morning?

I know its daft init, he's coming back again tomorrow for another scan. Why go in the first place. If all was ok he could have left on Thursday. :D:o

redrus

Latest news

See, he's better than before the injury already :D

I know its daft init, he's coming back again tomorrow for another scan. Why go in the first place. If all was ok he could have left on Thursday. :D:o

redrus

why can't he have his scan in germany...they probably built the scanner! :D

FERGIE 'ROON RAGE'

Tuesday 6th June 2006

He is fuming according to The Sun:

Alex Ferguson was fuming after Wayne Rooney hit a SCISSOR-KICK on his first day back at England training.

Roon’s acrobatics came 48 hours before a vital scan on his broken metatarsal.

Yet Manchester United boss Ferguson wanted his star striker to ease himself back into training.

redrus

Interesting reading from The United Fanzine Red Issue; The biggest wind-up in Football/WC history....?

Rooney Injury IS the biggest WUM ever

A few people have hinted at this over the time, and every day, I am more and more convinced its a total and utter wum

I got sus on the actual day. Usually a bone break is diagnosed before the teams have left the stadium. But the Rooney "injury" on the day, took hours to confirm. Just enough time for Fergie and Sven to get together and go "hmmmm, lets action the plan".

Think about it.

Didn't you ever think it was VERY STRANGE in the 12 or 15 games before that, Rooney played pretty much 90mins of EVERY GAME. It got to the stage I was thinking "###### me, AF is running the kid into the ground in the false hope of catching the rent boys, when is the kid going to get a break??????". But every week, he was on the team sheet.

Now WHAT if, he was being "run into the ground" with both AF and Svennish KNOWING full well the kid was going to get a month long break at the end of the season? Plenty of time to get fresh and get a little break from footie for the WC???? Isn't it possible that this would be the ultimate preparation for the tournament? Give your star man a total break, and ready to come back say the final week of may, play in the last friendly and then travel to germany?????

If thats the case, its worked to plan. Rooney gets injured - I dont doubt he hurt his foot, probably bruised it - but with the title over, Fergie see the chance, and activates the plan a game early as no point in him playing in the charlton game - and his break is under way.

Since his injury, the doubts in my head started the very next day.

You remember those pics of him on crtches, posing at various places round Carrington? Smiling? They are all on gettyimages.

Now think about it. What struck me that Monday morning, was for a kid like rooney, a bit of a livewire, bad attitude at times, he looks awfully happy to pose and smile like that on the morning where the WC that hes been waiting for is over?????????? Imagine Keano doing that??? Say hed just got injured pre champions league final, and you saw some pics of him grinning and posing for some journo?????

Since that day, I've seen loads of stuff that got me sus.

None more so than him walking round without crutches on last day of season.

But the real clincher, was him on his bike t'other day.

If the breaks were as serious as reported, any cyclist knows you put pressure on your metatarsals when peddling with the bone of your foot. Nothing major if you peddling on a flat surface, but enough to risk widing the fracture. So if he WAS that seriously injured, the bike isnt something youd risk till a few weeks down the line.

Finally the biggest and best reason for this WUM is the press. By doing this, they not only rest Rooney, but take the pressue off the kid. Imagine the stories in the paper "rooney will win world cup for england". The pressure building. This is the perfect way for that pressure to be lifted. No journos building him up, hyping, putting ideas into his head so that by the time he gets there he goes over the top and gets red carded in game one. This way the press are still after him, but they chasing him for his injury news, and not that he is some God. And this for me is the biggest reason why you would pretend hes injured. No pressure from the press.

Mark my words, Rooney will be fit for Englands first game. He was ALWAYS going to be fit. He is not injured. And this is the biggest and best WUM i have seen in years. And as we all know Fergies history, not anything that would actually be that surprising in the run up to a big game, and something he has done actually 100s of times.

redrus

*can't say I agree but, some good points.

Edited by redrus

Interesting reading from The United Fanzine Red Issue; The biggest wind-up in Football/WC history....?

Rooney Injury IS the biggest WUM ever

A few people have hinted at this over the time, and every day, I am more and more convinced its a total and utter wum

I got sus on the actual day. Usually a bone break is diagnosed before the teams have left the stadium. But the Rooney "injury" on the day, took hours to confirm. Just enough time for Fergie and Sven to get together and go "hmmmm, lets action the plan".

Think about it.

Didn't you ever think it was VERY STRANGE in the 12 or 15 games before that, Rooney played pretty much 90mins of EVERY GAME. It got to the stage I was thinking "###### me, AF is running the kid into the ground in the false hope of catching the rent boys, when is the kid going to get a break??????". But every week, he was on the team sheet.

Now WHAT if, he was being "run into the ground" with both AF and Svennish KNOWING full well the kid was going to get a month long break at the end of the season? Plenty of time to get fresh and get a little break from footie for the WC???? Isn't it possible that this would be the ultimate preparation for the tournament? Give your star man a total break, and ready to come back say the final week of may, play in the last friendly and then travel to germany?????

If thats the case, its worked to plan. Rooney gets injured - I dont doubt he hurt his foot, probably bruised it - but with the title over, Fergie see the chance, and activates the plan a game early as no point in him playing in the charlton game - and his break is under way.

Since his injury, the doubts in my head started the very next day.

You remember those pics of him on crtches, posing at various places round Carrington? Smiling? They are all on gettyimages.

Now think about it. What struck me that Monday morning, was for a kid like rooney, a bit of a livewire, bad attitude at times, he looks awfully happy to pose and smile like that on the morning where the WC that hes been waiting for is over?????????? Imagine Keano doing that??? Say hed just got injured pre champions league final, and you saw some pics of him grinning and posing for some journo?????

Since that day, I've seen loads of stuff that got me sus.

None more so than him walking round without crutches on last day of season.

But the real clincher, was him on his bike t'other day.

If the breaks were as serious as reported, any cyclist knows you put pressure on your metatarsals when peddling with the bone of your foot. Nothing major if you peddling on a flat surface, but enough to risk widing the fracture. So if he WAS that seriously injured, the bike isnt something youd risk till a few weeks down the line.

Finally the biggest and best reason for this WUM is the press. By doing this, they not only rest Rooney, but take the pressue off the kid. Imagine the stories in the paper "rooney will win world cup for england". The pressure building. This is the perfect way for that pressure to be lifted. No journos building him up, hyping, putting ideas into his head so that by the time he gets there he goes over the top and gets red carded in game one. This way the press are still after him, but they chasing him for his injury news, and not that he is some God. And this for me is the biggest reason why you would pretend hes injured. No pressure from the press.

Mark my words, Rooney will be fit for Englands first game. He was ALWAYS going to be fit. He is not injured. And this is the biggest and best WUM i have seen in years. And as we all know Fergies history, not anything that would actually be that surprising in the run up to a big game, and something he has done actually 100s of times.

redrus

*can't say I agree but, some good points.

Yeah, there are some good points. And why exactly did the doctor, Mike Stone, suddenly quit/get sacked in the end? Perhaps he knew what the real deal was and couldn't be a part of it any more... a bit like Neil Armstrong and his reclusiveness when he knew full well that the yanks never made it :o

One thing's for sure, redrus, if the doc says no go tomorrow, we'll know this guy is full of it :D .

Yeah, there are some good points. And why exactly did the doctor, Mike Stone, suddenly quit/get sacked in the end? Perhaps he knew what the real deal was and couldn't be a part of it any more... a bit like Neil Armstrong and his reclusiveness when he knew full well that the yanks never made it :o

One thing's for sure, redrus, if the doc says no go tomorrow, we'll know this guy is full of it :D .

Have you seen the pic's of Roon's scissor kick yet...........?

Don't look bloody injured to me, Fergie's fuming cos the covers been blown........... :D:D

redrus

Don't look bloody injured to me, Fergie's fuming cos the covers been blown........... :D:D

:D:D Yeah, i saw it. It's all been a big con :D

redrus

Rooney's been performing scissor kicks???!!! Bring it on!!! :D

Saw Rooney running, training and laugingh with the other boys today on my country's Television on the day (Tuesday) when they arrived in Germany.

If that guy broke his foot, he's amazingly recovered :o I'll bet he's playing.

LaoPo

(BBC News) England striker Wayne Rooney has told coach Sven-Goran Eriksson he is 300% certain he will be fit for the World Cup finals in Germany.
:o
Rooney will leave Germany at 0900 BST on a private jet and fly back to Manchester with England doctor Leif Sward.

The scan is scheduled to take place at the Whalley Range private hospital at about 1200 BST.

That damm toe has been getting more coverage than the Iraqi War,the Nuc. confrontation with Iran and the Governments policy (or lack of ) over Al-quida Terrorists in London...all together.....honestly :o

That damm toe has been getting more coverage than the Iraqi War,the Nuc. confrontation with Iran and the Governments policy (or lack of ) over Al-quida Terrorists in London...all together.....honestly :o

It's like the late, great, Bill Shankley Said

Some people think football is a matter of life and death, but it isn't.... it's MUCH more important than that

Toe? what toe?... or do you mean toe rag? :D

Rooney gets World Cup green light

Wayne Rooney has been included in Sven-Goran Eriksson's World Cup squad, BBC Sport understands.

Rooney appears to have won the race to prove his fitness after breaking a metatarsal in his right foot while playing for Manchester United in April.

He flew back to Germany to re-join the England squad landing at Karlsruhe near Baden-Baden just after 2200 BST.

He had earlier spent two hours at a Manchester clinic while doctors studied the results of Wednesday's scan.

Football Association sources told the BBC unofficially Rooney is in Eriksson's final England squad for the tournament.

FA executive director David Davies had a broad grin on his face as he left hospital with Rooney before they drove to Manchester Airport.

An official announcement has yet to be made by either the FA or United - who announced on their website at 1945 BST that a "decisive" scan result "will be announced this evening".

However at 2245 BST the United website hinted an official statement might not come until Thursday.

But it does appear that Rooney has been given the green light by the group that spent two hours locked in the clinic at Whalley Range.

That group included United doctor Tony Gill and physio Rob Swire, England team doctor Leif Sward and other specialists.

It is also thought that an independent consultant from Fifa was on hand should there have been any conflict between Rooney's club and the FA - and it was reported that United lawyers were in attendance.

If Rooney is in the squad it will send the unfortunate Jermain Defoe of Tottenham, who had been on standby, back to England.

source - BBC Sport

It's a miracle! or a good ruse :o:D

Hopefully Germany, imagine that, he comes back just in time to score a hat-trick and knock the Germans out of the cup on home soil...!

. . . and just about the same time Rooney is found to have an IQ higher than his shoes size and Beckham develops a masculine voice . . .

Ah . . . dreams . . . :o

Looking good now, the following from Sunsport http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260485,00.html

"WAYNE Rooney was at the centre of World War Toe yesterday as England and Manchester United medics fought over his broken foot.

The battle raged for more than SEVEN HOURS after the scan that eventually cleared the 20-year-old idol to play in the World Cup.

Millions of soccer fans were forced to wait with baited breath as the two sides squared up in the Manchester hospital where the scan was carried out.

UNITED were reluctant to concede their precious striker’s fracture had healed enough for him to play.

They believe England coach Sven Goran Eriksson is adopting a gung-ho approach and does not care about the potential injury consequences for Rooney and United after the World Cup.

ENGLAND chiefs were convinced the goal scorer, on whom the nation’s hopes are hinged, will be fighting fit in time to take at least some part in the tourney. And they became exasperated by the club’s negative stance. A source close to the talks said: “It developed into a long, hard struggle.”

Rooney was flown from England’s training camp in Germany to have the scan at Whalley Range Bupa hospital.

A posse of FA officials including executive director David Davies and England doctor Leif Sward accompanied the £27million player."

And this from Sky http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1224095,00.html