Annoying 7-Eleven doorbell only in Thailand?

Dag Ekeberg

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel in Thailand there is no value or premium on quiet. Loud noise making seems ingrained in the cultural DNA. In Taiwan the stores say Huaning guaning every time you enter. Solution to your problem is to not shop there or wear headphones playing the song "crotchety old man from Afghanistan". Why does CP Fresh call itself that when everything sold in the store is processed packaged food?

• Like 1

Thanks for all the input (and the insults).

So, the doorbells aren’t a purely Thai phenomenon. But are they really this loud and earsplitting elsewhere? Somehow, I refuse to believe that. A few members provided input from places like Australia, the US, China… Same noise or not?

haha good topic, actually let's expand it.. Top 10 annoying sounds you hear in Thailand

#2 - Big C Loudspeaker sales people - The girls that sell juice, fruits or whatever. They are amazingly annoying

You’re thinking of the advert for Tipco fruit juice involving opera singers. Is it still running on an infinite loop? I stopped going…
#3 Air horns

Thanks for all the input (and the insults).

So, the doorbells aren’t a purely Thai phenomenon. But are they really this loud and earsplitting elsewhere? Somehow, I refuse to believe that. A few members provided input from places like Australia, the US, China… Same noise or not?

Same noise in oz just kept at a sensible level and only open when someone actually is either entering or trying to leave ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I think You should really take some advice about spending time with yourself to see what is your problem really. Even in Europe when u come in to Jewelry shop, Levis, or even grocery shop like 7-11 u will hear the same annoying doorbell with sensor on the doors, not in the back. So problem is not in the doorbell, problem is within the people who are distracted with the doorbell, and not with the reason why they came to 7-11. I spend usually 2-5 minutes in 7-11, and while im looking what to buy, being concentrated to that, makes me not to be distracted by the doorbell. Don't get me wrong, but its personallity issue, not RULE about DOORBELLs.

Best regards.

• Like 1

So, is it only in Thailand? And if so, why? There are always plenty of kids in green shirts milling about the counter, no way theyre going to miss a new customer.

I suspect the next post will be a praise of the new bahtbus air horns. The more noise the better.

Could be useful for the blind/partially sighted letting them know the door has opened, assuming it is an automatic door.

My friend opened a 7-11 franchise store and wanted the bell removed but was told from up on high its a requirement.

I like it when you walk out and the doorbell goes and the customer services technician without looking up says "Sawatdee ka chern ka" thinking a new customer is coming. I bet they even say it when they walk into another store and hear the bell even if they are off duty.

My friend opened a 7-11 franchise store and wanted the bell removed but was told from up on high its a requirement.

I like it when you walk out and the doorbell goes and the customer services technician without looking up says "Sawatdee ka chern ka" thinking a new customer is coming. I bet they even say it when they walk into another store and hear the bell even if they are off duty.

Okay, now we’re getting somewhere. Perhaps there’s somebody high up profiting wildly off of these substandard doorbells. I just went to have a look at one (while it was going off continuously since I was within a ten-feet radius of the door). I always thought it was a Sony product. It turns out to be a “Sunny”.

Okay, now we’re getting somewhere. Perhaps there’s somebody high up profiting wildly off of these substandard doorbells. I just went to have a look at one (while it was going off continuously since I was within a ten-feet radius of the door). I always thought it was a Sony product. It turns out to be a “Sunny”.

Mate i am sorry, but you really need a hobby, unless checking out 7-11 door bells is your hobbylaugh.png

Mate i am sorry, but you really need a hobby, unless checking out 7-11 door bells is your hobbylaugh.png

I’m sorry this topic bothers you so much. Have you thought about unsubscribing?

Okay, now were getting somewhere. Perhaps theres somebody high up profiting wildly off of these substandard doorbells. I just went to have a look at one (while it was going off continuously since I was within a ten-feet radius of the door). I always thought it was a Sony product. It turns out to be a Sunny.

Im sorry this topic bothers you so much. Have you thought about unsubscribing?

It's not the topic that bothers me but rather your obsession with door bells :)

Is there a word for it yet? Bellophobia or severe case of boredom

Okay, now were getting somewhere. Perhaps theres somebody high up profiting wildly off of these substandard doorbells. I just went to have a look at one (while it was going off continuously since I was within a ten-feet radius of the door). I always thought it was a Sony product. It turns out to be a Sunny.

Mate i am sorry, but you really need a hobby, unless checking out 7-11 door bells is your hobbyPosted Image

Im sorry this topic bothers you so much. Have you thought about unsubscribing?

It's not the topic that bothers me but rather your obsession with door bells :)

Is there a word for it yet? Bellophobia or severe case of boredom

Obsession?? Or the 30mins spent googling the topic?? Ha ha ha :0)

Got the same in every Philippine 7/11..does it bother me..?..does it <deleted>!! However you do need to get our more and lay off the Jamaican wood ones ...and as they say in the LOS "you think tooooooo much" so pull yourself together and get a grip and stop asking nonsense questions

The doorbell at 7-11 is low on my list of noise complaints here. I think number one would be the jingle at global house that is only 15 seconds long but on a permanent loop. I try hard to limit my time in there because more than an hour and I fear I might turn into a spree killer.

Sound trucks and people with bullhorns or PA's in shopping centers are tied for number 2.

Number three for me is scooters with straight pipes.

7-11's doorbell can be a bit jarring in some locations, but generally it is a soothing welcome into a little air conditioned oasis where all manner of treats are waiting for you - that is if you fight well for your place in line.

hahhahah the Global House jingle....stuck in my head..Global House..Global House ...tra la la la....drives me nuts.