Noisy B*******ds

klubex99

What the hell is wrong with some of these people?

Sunday Morning at 7am and my neighbour starts angle grinding steel box section.

OK, so the guy doesn't drink and never goes out, and is in bed by 9PM at the latest, then gets up at 6am every morning. That's fine by me. But not everyone lives like that. Many people in our moo baan (including myself) likes to go out on a Saturday night and maybe have a couple of drinks and lie in on a Sunday morning.

I have no problem with people doing improvements on their home, I had mine done, but would not let power tools be used until at least 9 to 9.30AM out of consideration for others.

This is not just me complaining, my wife is also pissed off at him and equally thinks it's not acceptable this early on a Sunday. This dude is turning out to be a major pain in the ass.

The other morning he was out there real early with a drill, putting holes in his exhaust manifolds trying to make his pickup sound like a clapped out Ferrari (Yes, he's one of those idiots) Then sits there revving the engine constantly with a big stupid smile on his face. Now when he drives down the street he drops the revs, puts the clutch in and revs up like he is in a hot rod.

The guy is like 45 or something, with the mind of a teenager.

Sunday morning rant over.

• Like 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think that Sunday is a day off in Thailand. Where I live, Saturday is the "low" day where some businesses are closed. Sunday is full bore except for the government offices and banks. Rant on, but get busy living rather than complaining because nobody really gives a rats ass about your problem, and you know it!.

Strange how my wife and her entire family work Mon to Fri jobs and have Sat and Sun off..... I just think you live in a weird place.

Don't really give a rats ass that you don't give a rat's ass. I started the thread because I wanted my rant and felt entitled to my rant.

But you are obviously a hypocrite, because you feel entitled to rant about the fact that I am having a rant.

Me thinks it may be thee who needs to get 'busy living' (hypocritical comment 2).

Sunday morning rant No2 over.

more like a whinge

• Like 2

What makes you think that Sunday is a day off in Thailand. Where I live, Saturday is the "low" day where some businesses are closed. Sunday is full bore except for the government offices and banks. Rant on, but get busy living rather than complaining because nobody really gives a rats ass about your problem, and you know it!.

I happen to endure the same neighbors, so I do indeed sympathize with him.

(Actually, it's just good to know someone else is suffering like me whistling.gif )

Sunday Morning at 7am and my neighbour starts angle grinding steel box section.

.................... at the latest, then gets up at 6am every morning

Your neighbour gets up at 6am and starts working an hour later. If he was totally inconsiderate, he would have started grinding at 6am.

He probably already knows how obnoxious you are, believing that if he started grinding at 10am, you'd still find a reason to criticise him.

This guy might one day be on hand to put out a fire in your house, to stop a burglary, to help save your life should you fall off a ladder....etc.

Be nice to your neighbours.

• Like 1

I happen to endure the same neighbors, so I do indeed sympathize with him.

(Actually, it's just good to know someone else is suffering like me whistling.gif )

Perhaps you could go round for a cup of tea, and you could grizzle together over your Earl Grey.

Take some ginger snaps, and turn a hardship into a holiday...

SC

• Like 2

I got a bit fed up with a little boy reviing his toy car outside the pub opposite the other night. I think it was a full moon; there was fireworks outside earlier as well - possibly outside the pub, or one of the neighbours' houses. I din't get up to look. Where I live now is one of the quietest places I've stayed during the day, but one of the noisiest of a night time. And then the mosque starts up with the call to prayers - timely reminder of the need for serenity and spirituality.

SC

Personally i hate all the noises, of all kinds, at any time....Unless of course i am the one doing the noise.

But accepting the noise is part of life, otherwise one can choose to live on the top of a mountain..

The positive part of having noisy neighbours, is that i am becoming a philosopher tongue.png

• Like 1

any mornings, someone turns on the loud music at 5 am, even on some weekends.

Just music, interspersed by announcements. Someone has decided that 5 am

is the proper time for this kind of "public service".

At my condo, there are some morons with crappy old cars with monster exhausts.

When one of them pumps the gas at 2 am, I'm bloody minded, too.

And what's this about red-lining engines and popping the hood.

Even buses and coaches drive around with engines exposed...

I love starting particular threads to draw out this sort of TV poster..... lol

Do you mean, the type of TV poster who believes in 'live and let live,' not the type of TV poster who regards his next door neighbours as

Noisy B*******ds and who would get upset if his "noisy b*******d" of a neighbour regarded him as an 'irritable, whinging b*******d.
  • Like 2

What did you expect living next door to Thais?

If you want peace and quiet in Thailand you must live in a condo(higher up the better) or in a wealthy, mostly expat type area(not easy to find, nor cheap).

You can complain all you want, but you will just drive yourself crazy. In Thailand(and most of the 3rd world) you will have to spend money to get peace and quiet.