Woman Killed When Driving Motorbike Against Traffic and Hitting Iranian

Lite Beer

Woman Killed When Driving Motorbike Against Traffic and Hitting Iranian

248.jpg
Two Thai women took their friend back home, then drove their motorbike against the traffic flow, so they collided violently with the motorbike of an Iranian man, resulting in the woman driving dying immediately and the other people being injured.

PATTAYA – October 26, 2013 [PDN]: – At 3.00 am. the radio centre of the “Sawang Boriboon Foundation” in Pattaya was notified that there was a collision between two motorbikes the junction of Soi-6 and Second Road, in South Pattaya. The rescuers rushed to inspect at scene to find that it involving a collision between two motorbikes and that 3-people were injured.

At the accident scene they found that a severely injured woman was lying down breathing very lightly with bulging eyes, pale face and also bleeding from her mouth. The rescuers tried to revive her using heart pumping techniques, but unfortunately she died later. The dead victim was identified as M/s. Jenjira Wangkham, aged 18 years old, of 225/67 Moo-6 at Tambon Nong Prue, in the Pattaya area.

Read More: http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/10/26/woman-killed-when-driving-motorbike-against-traffic-and-hhtting-iranian/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

--PattayaDailyNews 2013-10-27

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this behaviour is far too common here. The positive in this incident is that, in the incredibly unfair world of accidents, this one has affected the person at the root of the accident the most. I feel sorry for the Iranian chap.

I did note from the image the helmet lying on the floor. Even if it was on it was barely a helmet and can be guaranteed to have not been secured.

Nothing will change here whilst it is more cost effective to the government to allow the acceptance of the results of dangerous driving.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this behaviour is far too common here. The positive in this incident is that, in the incredibly unfair world of accidents, this one has affected the person at the root of the accident the most. I feel sorry for the Iranian chap.

I did note from the image the helmet lying on the floor. Even if it was on it was barely a helmet and can be guaranteed to have not been secured.

Nothing will change here whilst it is more cost effective to the government to allow the acceptance of the results of dangerous driving.

No common sense, and the people involved and watching will still never learn, they will all carry on doing the same thing. The helmet most likely belonged to the Iranian guy, poor guy wrong place wrong time, but thankfully an innocent person came out of it without serious injury for a change. She learned a hard lesson which resulted in her life, i can't feel sorry for her.

• Like 1

Why would they perform CPR if she was stll breathing? They probably killed her.

Exactly. That was my 1st thought also, everyone is taught that you never perform CPR on a person who breathing on their own. Maintain constant monitoring yes.

• Like 1

When driving in Thailand,I see this behavior on a daily basis. Even cars drive on the wrong side of the road when the U turn is too far away. Will they ever learn ?

How to prevent this stupid and life taking behavior ?

• Like 1

No common sense, and the people involved and watching will still never learn, they will all carry on doing the same thing. The helmet most likely belonged to the Iranian guy, poor guy wrong place wrong time, but thankfully an innocent person came out of it without serious injury for a change. She learned a hard lesson which resulted in her life, i can't feel sorry for her.

Is it possible to feel sorry for someone who is already dead?

When driving in Thailand,I see this behavior on a daily basis. Even cars drive on the wrong side of the road when the U turn is too far away. Will they ever learn ?

Quite true many times see vehicles coming down the wrong side of the road. apparently if they are flashing their lights you have to get out of their way. That is if you can and if they smash into you with their headlights lights flashing you are in the wrong. Many times we have had to reverse 2 or 3 kms for oncoming cars on the wrongside of the road.

Why would they perform CPR if she was stll breathing? They probably killed her.

Exactly. That was my 1st thought also, everyone is taught that you never perform CPR on a person who breathing on their own. Maintain constant monitoring yes.

Nah! IMHO No one killed anyone here.

Since It is clear from the description that she was already dead from massive head trauma.

The light breathing reported was almost certainly 'agonal breathing' (not real breathing)

It would have persisted for a few mwinutes after crash.

It's not nice to observe - since in these circumstances it almost always indicates the person is beyond hope.

You to see the girl's death as the positive aspect of this report?

Whose helmet did you note as lying on the floor; the victim's, her friend's or the Iranian's? And you have some special way of guaranteeing that the helmet, whoever it belonged to, was not secured?

Could you explain what your last nonsensical sentence was supposed to mean?

Is it possible to feel sorry for someone who is already dead?

Yes.

A few moments longer going round the long way cost her the rest of her life.Do you think this will stop one person continuing to do this again?

R.I.P. only 18.

It was going the short way that cost the girl her life.

Many times we have had to reverse 2 or 3 kms for oncoming cars on the wrongside of the road.

Well, you're not making that up or exaggerating wildly, are you. You do know how far 3km is? Why would anyone do that?

• Like 1

Driving against the flow of traffic was the killer, I'm sure we all agree.

I'm not being flippant but I'm sure nobody agrees with that; the impact is what killed the unfortunate girl.

Chill out "MMarlow", 6 replys on this thread are from you. Why so sensitive over this fool driving in the wrong way ?

Many times we have had to reverse 2 or 3 kms for oncoming cars on the wrongside of the road.

Well, you're not making that up or exaggerating wildly, are you. You do know how far 3km is? Why would anyone do that?

well yes I did use a little hyperbole to make my point.

One might think that with all of these accidents occurring, the BiB might engage in a campaign to stop this 'against the flow' driving by motorcyclists (and of course, in lots of cases, by pickup truck drivers...!!).

I was in Taiwan when they did exactly that. It took about two months, during which the culprits paid increasingly higher fines, but lo and behold, the message eventually sank in. You do not see such behavioiur in any of the major cities these days, although no doubt it continues up country.

It would be a very simple matter for the BiB to follow the same plan in Thailand, and it would have an enormous impact on their weekly 'take-home' pay...!!