Where to buy trash bins made of old tires.

NomadJoe

Anyone know? I would really like to buy one for myself and a few for my neighbors who leave bags of garbage on the street which then get ripped apart by the soi dogs. My soi now and always has looked like a garbage dump. Rawai or Chalong area. I thought for sure the cheap plastics shop opposite Thainee Bar next to The Big One on Vichit rd near the circle would have them, but apparently not.

• Like 1

Don't bother, they're not dog proof. You will end up with litter all over the road.

True but, had two for these bins for last ten years, they have few faults the lids and leg supports fall apart but easliy repaired with bent nails and tie wraps, and the dogs well just tie the lid down with a motorcycle bugee.

To answer your question about where to buy I'm not sure but told that a shop that makes bamboo houses near the new Tesco in Talang (same side down toward two sisters sells them..rolleyes.gif

Guess your not from nor have been to phuket xinloi.

Lol.

Just wondering if someone from patong went to the mayor and asked him for a rubber tyre bin smile.png

The one in the photo has the official lettering on it. So it would not surprise me if he is right (plus the mayor has nothing else to do anyway since he is suspended, and had to get rid of his business interests in order to become mayor).

The ugliest thing I have seen in the whole world. And Thailand should take much more care with the waste problem. Dirty and smelly everywhere. No respect for nature and environment.

They are probably one of the best examples of recycling there is. Not only made of used tires, but they also serve a very useful purpose in their new life. And I agree with the other poster 100%, They are much more aesthetically pleasing, and certiainly more "Thai" looking than plastic wheelie bins or similar.

• Like 1

The ugliest thing I have seen in the whole world. And Thailand should take much more care with the waste problem. Dirty and smelly everywhere. No respect for nature and environment.

So , I understand that your myopia has backed-up on you lately ... did you ever hear about those little guys that wore BF Goodrich sandals and Black Pajamas ?

Those guys had Rubber Souls ..... 55555

In Chile they elevate the garbage bags about 4 feet of the ground on a steel post supported

platform. The platform forms a cage which can hold 3-4 bags depending on the size.

It is very effective and cheap. Dogs can't get the garbage, trash collectors don't have to

lift the bags from the ground. Easy for them clean for the neighbourhood.

With a bit of paint and some artistic flourishes they can become lots more attractive...

(The dog isn't for sale, sorry.)

Are you suggesting your painted bins are for sale?

I'll check on the price but most assuredly they are. Shipping from the Chiang Mai area shouldn't too bad I wouldn't think... just find a swishingly way to send them and you can find a bungie cord to tie down the lid to make them dog proof.!

PM me please and I can find out for you.