Kasikorn Visa

h90

Just booked a flight with NOK Air.

I have a Kasikorn Bank ATM card which is also a Visa card that isn't accepted by anyone crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

Just out of fun I put in the number at NOK air and it wasn't accepted but I got a screen that I only need to open it for web purchases.

I also have the Kasikorn web Visa card which I never used beside for Paypal.

Anyone used one of them successfully for something? And what to do?

I tried to use my Kasikorn card to book a short holiday on Koh Chang. The card works fine at the ATM, but three attempts to pay for our holiday in advance all failed. So I had to use my UK bank card, which was accepted. I wondered if this might have something to do with a foreigner having a Thai bank account. I now await a statement from the UK bank to see what the exchange rate works out to be. My bet would be that it's lower than the official rates. The local payment agency also advise that I'll be charged an additional 3% for using a foreign Visa card!

You have to ask them to enable the ATM card for internet use at the bank and they will do it.

I did and I've used mine to make various payments in differnet countries over the internet. I ordered something from a US company and a few things from Lazada and it worked without any problems.

This is just the regular Kasikorn savings account ATM card which doesn't even have a name on it.

You have to ask them to enable the ATM card for internet use at the bank and they will do it.

I did and I've used mine to make various payments in differnet countries over the internet. I ordered something from a US company and a few things from Lazada and it worked without any problems.

This is just the regular Kasikorn savings account ATM card which doesn't even have a name on it.

Good advice - will talk to Kasikorn on the matter.

Good advice - will talk to Kasikorn on the matter.

Yes, but if you enable internet use, the card will be more fraud-sensitive.

I needed to make this choice as well this year but I just went to 7-11 and paid for the ticket in cash. It was with Bangok Air. After the payment was recieved I got an sms confirming my booking.

Edited by Dancealot

Back when I had an account with Kasikorn, I had two VISA numbers. The one printed on my card, and another that I could only see via online banking. The second number is the one I had to use for online purchases, but I like that. This way if a waiter or hotel clerk or something steals the number on my card, it's useless to them, because that number won't go through unless the card is physically present.

Back when I had an account with Kasikorn, I had two VISA numbers. The one printed on my card, and another that I could only see via online banking. The second number is the one I had to use for online purchases, but I like that. This way if a waiter or hotel clerk or something steals the number on my card, it's useless to them, because that number won't go through unless the card is physically present.

I 2nd thatthumbsup.gif. It's more safe like this.