True love possible?

timtscott

Lot of writing for 1 kind of silly question from a 52yo whos travelled there enough times to know the answer.

Anyhow sounds like a nice retirement plan to me!

You add value to someone's life, they add value to yours. That is a very simple equation and it works everywhere.

If you both want to continue doing it, then you do.

If you're 52, you must have "some" idea, some ability to analyse, garnered from all those years on the planet, to

get "some" intuition as to who would be good to do it with.

There are plenty of very good Thai / Farang relationships here.

I would not bring a foreign woman here to do it. Unless you're retiring together. Like as in an old couple.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing to do is come here settle down and check things out for a year or two . You will learn fast the good the bad and the badly ugly . I would make it a point to stay single for atleast two years . Then consider a live in for a while . Always good to road test a car a while before you buy ..... One thing for sure is you dont need a woman to live comfprtable here ...... You can do it own your own . If your too lazy to clean up after yourself hre a maa baan....

Thanks for the responses. I was married here in the states to a Cambodian for 14 years. We have been divorced for 7 but remain good friends. I would like to remarry someday but won't force it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

My Thai wife and I have only had one argument since the day we were married. Problem is we`re still having it.

Ha ,yes a bit like my marriage .Womens emotions seem to change hourly .You never know whats coming next .I just nod and give a maybe answer ,untill the current crazy topic goes out of her head .

Hate to bust your bubble, but try Vietnam if you are looking for relationship material, women who are genuinely interested in foreigners and a sea of young attractive women.

You will have to have something going for you however, whether it be a job, lack of alcoholism or even a regular workout schedule...

If you need to fall back on bargirls stay in Thailand whistling.gif

Edited by donniereadit

Honestly...

when i do see ederly and lonely people talking about love in Thailand,

then i just remember that we all have a sheep sleeping inside us...whistling.gif

sheep_lips_200213-800x636.jpg?w=599

tongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

@OP

To sum up in a peotic way: in Bkk, you are the little red riding hood and you gonna meet a lot, a LOT of wolf before to found grandmaemot-kiss.gif

By your post you seem to be an intelligent,educated man so the best thing for you to do is try to meet an intelligent,educated Thai woman.You know,a doctor,lawyer etc.

This type of professional woman is not so desperate to get her hands on your money because she already has a decent income.. She also has her professional pride and standing to to think of.

There are plenty of them about. If you get in touch with them ,like I do ,you will find they ride above the squalour of the bar girl con-merchants and you have more chance of finding your soul mate.

I would only bring the Peruvian girlfriend if we decide to get married. If that happens, don't see how we would be all that much different than any other farang couple. I'm not coming to Thailand to chase bar girls. Not condemning it ....just have already had my share of it :-)

I have American friends who have been happily married to the same Thai woman...over 20 years...live in Thailand and will die here...

I rent from a woman who is selling 2 of her four houses at this time...

These houses were obtained...by getting foreigners to buy or build her a house...then dumping them...

A foreigner can not legally own land in Thailand...thus the home is put in a Thai woman's name...when she says good bye...you are left holding an empty wallet...

Just be careful...very careful...they all seem sincere...some actually may be...

• Like 1

Hate to bust your bubble, but try Vietnam if you are looking for relationship material, women who are genuinely interested in foreigners and a sea of young attractive women.

You will have to have something going for you however, whether it be a job, lack of alcoholism or even a regular workout schedule...

You are kidding right ??? The Vietnamese girls I have met are very smart,

but the hard as nails aspect of them is a bit off putting... They make the toughest

Thai bar girl look like a marshmallow by comparison...

• Like 1

I haves never dated a Vietnamese lady. I have a friend who married one though. Went to HCMC to meet her and was married 9 months later. Been together 12 years or so.

I have dated Americans, Thais, Cambodians, Chinese, many Filipinas a Dominican (who I should have married) and now a Peruvian. Damn if I can figure any of them out. Just know the world is a better place due to the fairer sex!

Hints You may be on the WRONG PATH with a Thai Girl:

After meeting for two hours I Love YOU

I Love Old...Older Men

After one week going out...You buy ME gold

" " " " " " " " motorbike

After two month We go my home you build me house Mama has land,we live together.

After one month Mama sick she need 2000B

After three months, I go my Village every month see "Mama" I need 3000B

to see "Mama" (Mama AKA 25 year old Thai boyfriend, screwing her brains

out on your 3000 B... buying "Mama"beer...Laughing at stupid Farang who is in Love.

FYI.............Good Luck You hear any of the above, Run Like HELL...............

Possible, well of course it is; then again so is winning the jackpot lottery.. however probable, I would say your chances are less than 10% on your basic knowledge.

They increase if you:

Choose someone closer to your age

Pay for virtually everything

Do things her way [to be precise her families way which does not stop at the mother]

Build a home

Support her family

Make sure your funds never run dry

I'm sure you get the picture.

On the flip side if you can find someone who:

Has her own house

Has a good paying job or successful business

Her own money

Helps with all expenses [50/50 give or take]

Supportive [emotionally and financially]

Is a giver, not only a taker

Then this is hitting the jackpot and your chances of true love...

Yes.....POSSIBLE!!

• Like 2

Oh hell, just asked a question, thought that was the whole concept behind the forum, why the bitterness? Have another beer and relax. Replies are not mandatory you know?

There are some bitter and twisted people on all forums, whatever the subject matter.

Back to the original post: I and probably many others have found true love here in LOS. I've only been here for 6 months and this is my first time here. I hope that I can live the rest of my life here too. My wife/GF is 17 years my junior, me 64 and she 47. I met her on the internet 9 years ago now and we liked each other from the start. We didn't chat or email often, but our feelings for each other grew over the years and in April this year I decided it was time to get my arse out of the UK and come to meet this woman.

Well, now I'm here and I couldn't be happier. The relationship is not financial, as she has more money than I do. She has a good job in local government, I receive a very small amount from the UK every 4 weeks, which is less than half of what she earns. She looks after me and cares for me. Guides me across the road, up and down curbs, points out things I may trip on. She tells me off if I try to wash dishes or do the laundry while she is at work. She even feeds me my dinner, like you would a child. I keep telling her that I can manage myself, but she says that it's her duty as my wife to care for me all she can.

So, true love can be found in LOS, among all the scare mongering that you will here.

I wish you luck in your adventure to find what you want in life.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies. I know anything is possible I guess I was just hoping to hear about some success stories... one reads of so many bad experiences. Anyway thanks again for your thoughts.

If you need this much encouragement to make a decision such as this I would say you are too weak and should stay in your own country.

Oh hell, just asked a question, thought that was the whole concept behind the forum, why the bitterness? Have another beer and relax. Replies are not mandatory you know?

You asked for opinions. You got 'em. Don't complain because of what you are hearing.

You are asking for advice and now you are giving it. What's your point of coming in here and starting this topic?

• Like 2

Just a pity that they look so unattractive and dowdy .( Vietnamese lady's ) .They always cover their legs as they are bandy ( small and out of shape ) .The grass is not always greener far away .

You asked for opinions. You got 'em. Don't complain because of what you are hearing.

You are asking for advice and now you are giving it. What's your point of coming in here and starting this topic?

Yep I did ask for opinions some I value and some I don't. Guess which category this one falls in? Go back to your beer now Internet tough guy

Edited by timtscott

Yep I did ask for opinions some I value and some I don't. Guess which category this one falls in? Go back to your beer now Internet tough guy

Seems you are going to go down the same path most newbies go in Thailand. I bet you are only taking note of what you want to believe and want to see, but most times the advice that seems the harshest and ugliest is the advice you should take note of most. That will be your wall of protection, your insurance and maybe one day save you from a sh*t load of pain.

Guys like yourself that ask for advice have no idea what you will be getting yourself into looking for love in Thailand, especially at your age where the temptation to go for something younger and prettier is on offer.

• Like 2

Seems you are going to go down the same path most newbies go in Thailand. I bet you are only taking note of what you want to believe and want to see, but most times the advice that seems the harshest and ugliest is the advice you should take note of most. That will be your wall of protection, your insurance and maybe one day save you from a sh*t load of pain.

Guys like yourself that ask for advice have no idea what you will be getting yourself into looking for love in Thailand, especially at your age where the temptation to go for something younger and prettier is on offer.

Very insightful have a good day/evening

Edited by timtscott

"Guys like yourself that ask for advice have no idea what you will be getting yourself into looking for love in Thailand, especially at your age where the temptation to go for something younger and prettier is on offer." (Straight8, sometime today)

Ah yes, the prune or the peach. The age-old question, which one must battle with. (no pun intended)

I went with the prune. I haven't a clue why. unsure.png I swear she has some bad-ass Jedi mind tricks.

• Like 1

Don't have a desire to own a home again. Even if I did I Would not buy anything that wasn't in my name.

Women also have some skin in the game. Not in terms of money, but of time. They may invest their youth in a farang who could just decide one day to book a flight home and never return.

You can get screwed over anywhere you live. American women have been known to dick over a man or two.

Not the temples, I am not a religious person,,.,A combination of factors really including cost of living, climate and a base to explore other areas of SE Asia.

I would take part in the bar girl scene from time to time, just don't plan to spend 7 nights a week at Nana Plaza...nothing wrong with it, but it gets old to me after a bit.

I thought about the Philippines but everything seems so ass backwards there. Plus Thai women have nothing over Filipinas when it comes to drama.

Never been to China so I may try it for a year.